PDA

View Full Version : Please Stop being Childish and Stupid. This has Only Just Begun.

hueylong
01-21-2012, 09:56 PM
All of these people screaming disaster are being childish and stupid. The idea that "it's all about perception and momentum" -- that's the media's mantra. It has nothing to do with reality.

48 hours ago, the race was supposedly over -- Mitt Romney was going to win S Carolina by 10 points and the race would be finished. So declared the media

Now, 48 hours later -- Romney is in big trouble and Newt is back on the move. The race is wide open and the guy who supposedly had it locked up is back on his heels.

THIS IS THE BEST POSSIBLE THING THAT COULD HAPPEN.

We have a 50 state campaign. We have superior organization in later states. Mitt and Newt will be in a death-battle against each other for the next 2 weeks at least -- probably longer.

STOP BELIEVING AND REGURGITATING EVERY STUPID THING THE MEDIA SAYS.

Even after Florida -- only 5% of delegates will even begin to be allocated. Event after Super Tuesday (March 6th) -- only 1/3 of delegates will be picked.

All of this wailing and gnashing of teeth is BAD for OUR CAUSE. Focus focus focus.

Dr. Paul is working very hard. So is the campaign. SC came out roughly where the campaign expected -- even if you got your expectations up.

You are not helping by making multiple threads exclaiming that it's over. What helps is focus, working hard and staying on task.

MsDoodahs
01-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Thank you.

And good to see you again, by the way. :)

rnestam
01-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Amen

Birdlady
01-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Agreed!

Brick-in-the-Wall
01-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Lets not forget, Newt got his ass handed to him, with the trimmings, in both Iowa and New Hampshire. We had a strong showing and kept it close in Iowa and pulled away from everybody but Romney in New Hampshire.

Yeah, we got our asses kicked tonight.

What are you going to do about it?

Gingrich got his ass kicked, twice, and didn't give up. Are you going to give up after just one ass kicking? You going to let Gingrich one-up you?

You're part of the Ron Paul Revolution damn it! We don't give up so easily!

mosquitobite
01-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Lets not forget, Newt got his ass handed to him, with the trimmings, in both Iowa and New Hampshire. We had a strong showing and kept it close in Iowa and pulled away from everybody but Romney in New Hampshire.

Gingrich got his ass kicked, twice, and didn't give up. Are you going to give up after just one ass kicking? You going to let Gingrich one-up you?

wooooo hooooo!

Carehn
01-21-2012, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI

HeyArchie
01-21-2012, 10:11 PM
I must have arrived post-negativity because all I've seen are positive threads.

Tyler_Durden
01-21-2012, 10:15 PM

+1 rep.. Love it.

hueylong
01-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Good to see you, too, MsDoodahs. Happy to be helping out RP2012 in Louisiana -- working with state Co-Chair, Rep. Robideaux.

Having fun!

ItsTime
01-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Boooooom

DeadheadForPaul
01-21-2012, 10:16 PM
YES YES YES!

hueylong
01-21-2012, 10:20 PM
This is a marathon. Let's act like it, and pace ourselves. Don't get too high with the good stuff, don't get too low with the tough stuff. Steady.

Luieburger
01-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Yep. We're doing great. Stay on target.

seapilot
01-21-2012, 10:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkAyUmyQko

FSP-Rebel
01-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Word

ZanZibar
01-21-2012, 11:01 PM
This is why we should not be upset:
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/calculator/

realtonygoodwin
01-21-2012, 11:05 PM
I admire your optimism.

Aratus
01-21-2012, 11:07 PM
onwards to tampa! win, ron, win!

JasonM
01-21-2012, 11:09 PM

The wounds from our poor showing in 2008 are still sore my friend. It's too easy to look at what's going on and see Newt Gingrich pulling off a John McCain come Super Tuesday.

If we're going to hope for a brokered convention, then we better hope that this race becomes the 2008 version of the Democratic Primary with a little Ron Paul mixed in. Because if one or the other candidate ends up running away with it come Super Tuesday and everyone but Ron Paul and the "winner" drops out, then the "winner" will get all the money he needs to overwhelm Ron Paul.

Dartht33bagger
01-21-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm staying positive. I'm sure we can win :D

anaconda
01-21-2012, 11:25 PM
S.C. and Fla. will be Ron's lowest performances for the entire primary season. It's all uphill starting in ten days.

Paulitics 2011
http://thumbs.imagekind.com/member/9f3d5395-7128-456c-8bf6-decc185f07c5/uploadedartwork/650X650/ecebc4a6-b4a2-4cb7-b0d7-80935d6f7bac.jpg

When you think it's getting bad, just think of how long Ron has been doing this on his own, for the well-being of the country. Do you think he ever dreamt of making a viable Presidential run when he entered politics? Do you think he knew in 1988 what his campaign would become? Does he know how many people he and his message inspire?

We are in this race to win this race.

tennman
The wounds from our poor showing in 2008 are still sore my friend. It's too easy to look at what's going on and see Newt Gingrich pulling off a John McCain come Super Tuesday.

If we're going to hope for a brokered convention, then we better hope that this race becomes the 2008 version of the Democratic Primary with a little Ron Paul mixed in. Because if one or the other candidate ends up running away with it come Super Tuesday and everyone but Ron Paul and the "winner" drops out, then the "winner" will get all the money he needs to overwhelm Ron Paul.

That's what I've been saying. More candidates in the race is better for Paul.

Jeffster
01-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Hey, how do I give stars to the thread? Sorry for the newb question but I don't see the button anywhere. Or this "+rep" everybody talks about.

Anyway, great post, hueylong. :)

RickyJ
01-21-2012, 11:30 PM

Don't know what drug your on, but it isn't helping you.

Denying reality won't help change anything.

phill4paul
01-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Concerning your title..."You're rude." "That's just not nice."

Concerning your motive. Agree.

Paulitics 2011
01-21-2012, 11:51 PM

This is true.

libertybrewcity
01-22-2012, 12:23 AM
amen

hueylong
01-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Sorry about being rude -- but sometimes, you need to call it straight up.

Jeffster, at the bottom left of each forum post, there is a 'blog this post', then a star and then a triangle/exclamation. to give a + or - rep, you click the star, and then select approve or disapprove. you have to give a reason for a negative rating.

Again -- this has just started. It is a multi-candidate race and we are IN THE HUNT. Keep focused.

Travlyr
01-22-2012, 12:38 AM
All the negative people are boring. The revolution continues no matter what. Ron Paul has awakened the masses with truth. Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity will be achieved.

Jeffster
01-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Sorry about being rude -- but sometimes, you need to call it straight up.

Jeffster, at the bottom left of each forum post, there is a 'blog this post', then a star and then a triangle/exclamation. to give a + or - rep, you click the star, and then select approve or disapprove. you have to give a reason for a negative rating.

Again -- this has just started. It is a multi-candidate race and we are IN THE HUNT. Keep focused.

Thank you! You get my first approval. ;)

On to Nevada!

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Everyone, this is just getting started.

We must ALL start working double time right now.

Start being positive, try our hardest to convert people, and quit trying to find every little online poll.

hueylong
01-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Touche' Okie.

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2012, 11:09 AM
I know who the real Huey Long is. I don't know who the RPF member hueylong is, but he is almost always right. RPF's needs to be more attentive.

hueylong
01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Thank you, Gunny. That is very kind.

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Thank you, Gunny. That is very kind.

Just truth and observation. It's important to discern truth from speculation. I don't know what you've done in life, but I can recognize people who actually know what they are talking about. It is apparent to me that you have done all this before.

hueylong
01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Actually, yes, Gunny. I've worked in campaigns as a volunteer since 1971, as a professional since 1985. Currently working with State Rep Joel Robideaux, the RP2012 Co-Chair in Louisiana.

I've followed Dr. Paul for many years. To get to actually help out with his campaign is a dream-realized for me.

rb3b3
01-22-2012, 11:33 AM
i have been 24/7 on ron paul forums, and im soo happy that there are soo many out there that cant get enough of ron paul just like me... after south carollina, reading some of the posts i am beginning to wonder what some peoples agendas are that are signed up in ron paul forums.... it sure as hell seems to me that their main agenda is not voting for ron paul, but more importantly swaying the rest of us from not voting for ron paul!! it pains me to even say all of that, but thats how i feel!!!! we are a big team all of us, there is no need to focus on yesterday, all of rons true supporters must remain positive moving forward all the way to the end.. other then ron getting delagates last night, newt winning them all was the 2nd best thing that can happen to us!! NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!!!! 2012

LibertyEagle
01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
+rep for huey. :)

hueylong
01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes rb3b3 -- there are a lot of "concern trolls" on the forums these days. They pretend to care about what's going on, but always have some reason why we "can't win" or why "it's over". We have to ignore these bratty children and focus on Phone from Home, donating to the campaign and organizing in our own states.

Focus focus focus. And yes, Newt's win last night was HUGE for us.

flightlesskiwi
01-22-2012, 11:40 AM
in it to win it!!!

rb3b3
01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes rb3b3 -- there are a lot of "concern trolls" on the forums these days. They pretend to care about what's going on, but always have some reason why we "can't win" or why "it's over". We have to ignore these bratty children and focus on Phone from Home, donating to the campaign and organizing in our own states.

Focus focus focus. And yes, Newt's win last night was HUGE for us.

im glad im not the only one who sees it!!! thank you for this thread, with a whopping 1.5% of the delgates gone and 3 states behind us with a different winner for each state, there is absolutely no reason at all for any negative threads what so ever so when i see them i have to question agendas!!!

jacque
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey, how do I give stars to the thread? Sorry for the newb question but I don't see the button anywhere. Or this "+rep" everybody talks about.

Anyway, great post, hueylong. :)

Click in the "sheriff" star on the lower left next to blog post.

Paulitics 2011
01-22-2012, 12:50 PM
"This has just begun." - True
"This is the best thing that could have possibly happened to us." - Bit of an exaggeration

owias12
01-22-2012, 12:54 PM
A battle was lost.................the war has just begun!!

RON PAUL 2012!!!

iGGz
01-22-2012, 12:57 PM
[{}]

Occam's Banana
01-22-2012, 01:14 PM

Click in the "sheriff" star on the lower left next to blog post.

As hueylong & jacque describe, use the "sheriff's badge" on a particular post to + or - rep that post (+rep when you really like that post, -rep when you hate it). A forum member's rep ("reputation") is shown as one or more "gems" or "bars" under that user's forum handle (green for positive reputation, red for negative reputation & grey for no reputation).

To rate an entire thread (not a single post), use the "Rate This Thread" drop-down menu at the upper right of any page for that thread. You can select a rating from from 1 star (Terrible) to 5 stars (Excellent). Then click the "Vote Now" button. The overall (average ?) rating for a thread shows up on the main page for the particular forum (such as "Ron Paul Grassroots Central") the thread was created in (after the thread title & before "Replies/Views" counts).

Kotin
01-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Needed to be said.. Huey knows his stuff.

ryanmkeisling
01-22-2012, 01:20 PM
This is a marathon. Let's act like it, and pace ourselves. Don't get too high with the good stuff, don't get too low with the tough stuff. Steady.

Words of wisdom.

Revolution9
01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Actually, yes, Gunny. I've worked in campaigns as a volunteer since 1971, as a professional since 1985. Currently working with State Rep Joel Robideaux, the RP2012 Co-Chair in Louisiana.

I've followed Dr. Paul for many years. To get to actually help out with his campaign is a dream-realized for me.

Hey folks. I went to give hueylong a +rep and my hand is injured and the mouse slipped an gave him a neg rep. Please give him an offset and one extra...at least..;)

TIA
Rev9

Carson
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
All of these people screaming disaster are being childish and stupid. The idea that "it's all about perception and momentum" -- that's the media's mantra. It has nothing to do with reality.

48 hours ago, the race was supposedly over -- Mitt Romney was going to win S Carolina by 10 points and the race would be finished. So declared the media

Now, 48 hours later -- Romney is in big trouble and Newt is back on the move. The race is wide open and the guy who supposedly had it locked up is back on his heels.

We have a 50 state campaign. We have superior organization in later states. Mitt and Newt will be in a death-battle against each other for the next 2 weeks at least -- probably longer.

Even after Florida -- only 5% of delegates will even begin to be allocated. Event after Super Tuesday (March 6th) -- only 1/3 of delegates will be picked.

All of this wailing and gnashing of teeth is BAD for OUR CAUSE. Focus focus focus.

Dr. Paul is working very hard. So is the campaign. SC came out roughly where the campaign expected -- even if you got your expectations up.

You are not helping by making multiple threads exclaiming that it's over. What helps is focus, working hard and staying on task.

Thanks! Nice speech.

I've been I guess you could say, "really hang dog" whatever that means.

hang dog
[hang-dawg, -dog]  
hang·dog
   [hang-dawg, -dog] Show IPA
adjective
browbeaten; defeated; intimidated; abject: He always went about with a hangdog look.
shamefaced; guilty: He sneaked out of the room with a hangdog expression.
suitable to a degraded or contemptible person; sneaky; furtive.
noun
Archaic . a degraded, contemptible person. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hang+dog)

I suppose it could be worse. I wouldn't want to be party too the other guys.

Lightweis
01-22-2012, 01:52 PM
:) lets do this!

torchbearer
01-22-2012, 01:55 PM

agreed.

iGGz
01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
[{}]

newbitech
01-22-2012, 02:52 PM

+rep How the hell can coming in last place be the best possible thing? The only delusions I see are people who think placing 2nd 3rd or last is some kind of winning formula.

How easy is it to sit at the back of the pack and watch positions shifting in the front and go, see we'll get our chance up there one day...

Come on. There is no possible way to win the nomination without getting first place in some state some where. Where? What state? Ron Paul needs to take a stand. The campaign needs to take a stand. The grassroots needs to take a stand. Waiting around at the back of the pack for the others to blow a flat is an unacceptable strategy for winning.

You go full throttle or you go home.

I will not settle for this last place mentality. It's just as childish and stupid as thinking that Ron Paul can win every state. He can't. There is a finite amount of time and finite amount of states to win. As each state ticks by and as time moves forward in this process, every day without a win is a lost day.

No point in giving up, when you are in last place, there is nothing left to give.

pen_thief
01-22-2012, 02:55 PM
You're right! Thank you :)
http://www.skippyskip.com/generator/dat/754.jpg

Anti Federalist
01-22-2012, 02:57 PM
http://wtfcontent.com/img/131392980710.jpg

Carson
01-22-2012, 03:19 PM

Ha ha ha. That really puts things into perspective.

Thanks ZanZibar.

jmdrake
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkAyUmyQko

+rep to OP and +rep to this.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes get to work people, if you are serious about winning, you'll be effective with your voice and energy and not just stay on the internet speculating about this and that.

NIU Students for Liberty
01-22-2012, 03:35 PM
+rep How the hell can coming in last place be the best possible thing? The only delusions I see are people who think placing 2nd 3rd or last is some kind of winning formula.

How easy is it to sit at the back of the pack and watch positions shifting in the front and go, see we'll get our chance up there one day...

Come on. There is no possible way to win the nomination without getting first place in some state some where. Where? What state? Ron Paul needs to take a stand. The campaign needs to take a stand. The grassroots needs to take a stand. Waiting around at the back of the pack for the others to blow a flat is an unacceptable strategy for winning.

You go full throttle or you go home.

I will not settle for this last place mentality. It's just as childish and stupid as thinking that Ron Paul can win every state. He can't. There is a finite amount of time and finite amount of states to win. As each state ticks by and as time moves forward in this process, every day without a win is a lost day.

No point in giving up, when you are in last place, there is nothing left to give.

Agreed. Regardless of the delegate count up to this point, the electorate bases much of their decision off of media attention on a particular candidate. While Romney losing South Carolina puts a major dent in his armor, Paul has done very little to gain momentum. Voters don't care about the results of New Hampshire. South Carolina and soon to be Florida will be fresh in their minds. With Paul coming in fourth in South Carolina and most likely another last place finish in Florida, how is he going to be able to grab the spotlight away from Gingrich and Romney? I'm not giving up on this race but at the same time I refuse to wear rose-colored goggles and pretend that Paul is just going to magically pull a rabbit out of a hat.

hueylong
01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Newt winning is the best possible thing. The OP explains clearly why. You are just parroting the MSM mantra about 'perception and momentum'. As mentioned, that is total BS.

No one is happy with last in SC. But your whining negative posts do not help and you have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me about one winning campaign you have managed and I will listen.

georgiaboy
01-22-2012, 03:53 PM
watching the intro Omaha beach segment of "Saving Private Ryan" as I read through this thread.

Apropos.

We're just getting our sea legs.

Butchie
01-22-2012, 04:06 PM
I am holding off my "positivity" until I see something worthwhile done on the part of Ron and the campaign to deal with the FP issue, if that isn't addressed everything else is pointless. I am well aware we can still win this thing, but not without some adjustments on that crucial issue, it's what I hear time and again out in the field. If he could just take some pointers from Sen Davis on how to present his case he'd have this thing locked up media or no media.

newbitech
01-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Newt winning is the best possible thing. The OP explains clearly why. You are just parroting the MSM mantra about 'perception and momentum'. As mentioned, that is total BS.

No one is happy with last in SC. But your whining negative posts do not help and you have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me about one winning campaign you have managed and I will listen.

come on hueylong, I for one do not watch tv nor do I simply repeat what I hear from the MSM. You blow off perception and momentum as if it has nothing to do with winning. Yet, if it is so unimportant, why does Ron Paul and the campaign feel the need to emphasize this in the latest "Onward" funding letter?

2nd paragraph 3rd sentence.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard in the Palmetto State to spread our message and help continue our momentum!

If perception has nothing to do with winning the nomination, then why is Ron Paul and the campaign pushing SO HARD, the perception that Ron Paul is the

one candidate in this race who has the organization, the resources, and the volunteers to compete nationwide with establishment candidate Mitt Romney – and only one candidate whose name will appear on every ballot with Mitt Romney’s.

Again, 3rd paragraph of the latest fundraising email.

We all know that voters are not voting based on records and issues. Pretending like those things don't matter is the same problem that the GOP has with pretending like Ron Paul doesn't matter. Not only is that ignorant, it also displays a willfulness to remain out of touch with the people you need to help you win, IF THAT IS REALLY YOUR GOAL.

I'd like to see a show of hands for those who have managed a winning NATIONAL campaign. Otherwise, I've managed several successful marketing campaigns where people voted with their dollars.

There is a saying, strike while the iron is hot. That speaks directly to perception and momentum. Ron Paul is ice cold in the national race at this point. He will be dropping to near absolute zero in 10 days after Florida. It is pretty clear to me why that is, and it has to do with the campaign NOT striking while the iron is hot.

That is, the campaign has not taken advantage of the perception and momentum that Ron Paul HAD after N.H. and Iowa. That is just too bad. I hope he can recover, but I am just flat not buying the so called "delegate strategy". That same crap was unloaded on these forums 4 years ago. I think he'll get 3-4 times the amount of delegates that he got in 2007. Know what that gets him? He might not have to pay for a 2nd venue in Tampa to rally the troops for yet another 4 years of status quo. The time is now. Not in Feb. 4th or Super Tuesday, for the campaign and Ron Paul to start winning.

Every day that goes by without a victory is a loss. The losses are mounting and the lackadaisical attitude of the campaign, and SOME supporters is demoralizing.

You accuse people of whining, yeah, people are hurting out here. That might not be a problem for someone who has the time in resources to devote to friggin' politics.

NIU Students for Liberty
01-22-2012, 04:13 PM

It's not parroting but rather pointing out the reality of the situation at hand. Much of the voting public (especially Republicans) gets their news from the MSM and will perceive either Romney or Gingrich as being the most electable candidates because they're WINNING! Instead of waiting for Gingrich to trip, Paul needs to win a state in order for the public to take a chance on him.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 04:14 PM
It's not parroting but rather pointing out the reality of the situation at hand. Much of the voting public (especially Republicans) gets their news from the MSM and will perceive either Romney or Gingrich as being the most electable candidates because they're WINNING! Instead of waiting for Gingrich to trip up, Paul needs to win a state in order for the public to take a chance on him.

This is why we need to double time our efforts as Florida passes by and take Minnesota, Colorado, Nevada, etc.

Butchie
01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
come on hueylong, I for one do not watch tv nor do I simply repeat what I hear from the MSM. You blow off perception and momentum as if it has nothing to do with winning. Yet, if it is so unimportant, why does Ron Paul and the campaign feel the need to emphasize this in the latest "Onward" funding letter?

2nd paragraph 3rd sentence.

If perception has nothing to do with winning the nomination, then why is Ron Paul and the campaign pushing SO HARD, the perception that Ron Paul is the

Again, 3rd paragraph of the latest fundraising email.

We all know that voters are not voting based on records and issues. Pretending like those things don't matter is the same problem that the GOP has with pretending like Ron Paul doesn't matter. Not only is that ignorant, it also displays a willfulness to remain out of touch with the people you need to help you win, IF THAT IS REALLY YOUR GOAL.

I'd like to see a show of hands for those who have managed a winning NATIONAL campaign. Otherwise, I've managed several successful marketing campaigns where people voted with their dollars.

There is a saying, strike while the iron is hot. That speaks directly to perception and momentum. Ron Paul is ice cold in the national race at this point. He will be dropping to near absolute zero in 10 days after Florida. It is pretty clear to me why that is, and it has to do with the campaign NOT striking while the iron is hot.

That is, the campaign has not taken advantage of the perception and momentum that Ron Paul HAD after N.H. and Iowa. That is just too bad. I hope he can recover, but I am just flat not buying the so called "delegate strategy". That same crap was unloaded on these forums 4 years ago. I think he'll get 3-4 times the amount of delegates that he got in 2007. Know what that gets him? He might not have to pay for a 2nd venue in Tampa to rally the troops for yet another 4 years of status quo. The time is now. Not in Feb. 4th or Super Tuesday, for the campaign and Ron Paul to start winning.

Every day that goes by without a victory is a loss. The losses are mounting and the lackadaisical attitude of the campaign, and SOME supporters is demoralizing.

You accuse people of whining, yeah, people are hurting out here. That might not be a problem for someone who has the time in resources to devote to friggin' politics.

Thank you, and I'm tired of being accussed of being a troll and various other things, it's BECAUSE I want to win so bad that I get upset when I see this whole thing slipping away and when I raise concerns based on the feedback I'm hearing from voters I'm told to shut up and just donate more money and "trust Ron, he knows what he's doing". Sorry, I love Ron, but he is not a god, he is a human being like you and me and no one should ever refuse to take advice.

hueylong
01-22-2012, 04:21 PM
"Perception and Momentum" are a factor. But they are just that -- factors. Romney was the dead lock until he wasn't. You can't freak out over the narrative coming out of one primary.

The media always tries to impose their narrative, and often fails.

In any event, your complaining serves no purpose -- other than to waste our time.

And I'm waiting to hear what campaigns either of you have run.

NIU Students for Liberty
01-22-2012, 04:24 PM
This is why we need to double time our efforts as Florida passes by and take Minnesota, Colorado, Nevada, etc.

I agree but what's unfortunate about Paul ignoring SC after gaining momentum from the 2nd place finish in NH is that Gingrich is already receiving a boost in polls coming out of Minnesota (there is a PPP thread that discusses this). While Paul can spend all the time in the world (well, the next few weeks) in Minnesota, Nevada, etc, will it be enough to combat the media attention that Gingrich and Romney will continue to receive as they battle for Florida?

If Paul is going to spend his resources out west, he can't afford to take days off like he was in SC. He either wins a couple of these caucus states or he won't even be mentioned by the time Super Tuesday rolls around. The campaign can no longer afford to wait it out like they have been doing. Gingrich is now back on top as the anti-Romney candidate and another victory or close 2nd in Florida may be all the momentum he needs to kick Paul to the curb.

newbitech
01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
"Perception and Momentum" are a factor. But they are just that -- factors. Romney was the dead lock until he wasn't. You can't freak out over the narrative coming out of one primary.

The media always tries to impose their narrative, and often fails.

In any event, your complaining serves no purpose -- other than to waste our time.

And I'm waiting to hear what campaigns either of you have run.

Yeah, waste of time, just like trying to campaign in Florida. Sure it's a wide open race, except for Florida. Romney was supposedly a lock for Florida too. Remember that? Except people aren't listening to what people in Florida have had to say about that.

You didn't hear me in here talking about blowing off the state, because I know if the movement could focus it's energy with the campaign as each contest progresses, we'd do much better than quadrupling support.

People act like that is some big achievement. It isn't as far as THIS nomination is concerned. Do people understand that Ron Paul will need TEN TIMES the support that he got in 2008 to be competitive?

No they don't, apparently. I don't care HOW many campaigns you have run, common sense is friggin common sense. You don't blow off any advantage when the odds are stacked against you. You don't ignore ANY chance to change perception when the fact is you need TEN TIMES the amount of support that you currently have to make an impact. You certainly don't take momentum for granted when each day that passes without success or achievements degrades your overall performance.

I answered your question about managing campaigns.

My complaining serves the purpose to bring to light that optimism from a dedicated supporter is something to be earned, not taken for granted. Give me a reason to be optimistic, hell just stop giving me reasons to doubt.

Right now, I have a pretty good reason to doubt that the campaign has any idea of how they are going to win. They aren't merely rolling with the punches, they are getting steamrolled.

The only saving grace is apparently some strategy to TRICK popular support from the other candidates by sending in SPIES and INSURGENTS in to the nominating process to PRETEND like they will vote for someone else and at the LAST MINUTE say, oops we really want Ron Paul.

What a load of horseshit. Anyone with half a brain knows that crap isn't going to be swallowed. Win it by convincing people you are right, not by taking advantage of their ignorance. Talk about mimicking the MSM. heh.

If that is how "we" win, then thanks but no thanks. I signed up for truth, honesty, transparency, integrity. You know, the things Ron Paul stands for. If that is the level "we" have to stoop to in order to win, then Ron Paul may as well come out and say he will nuke the shit out of Iran if they mention Israel one more time.

Watch
01-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I know who the real Huey Long is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_Our_Wealth
Yeah this guy

OUR HueyLong is different.
I agree with the OP's message 100%

I'm just being snarky mentioning Share Our Wealth, I don't get up in arms over MLKjr wanting Socialism in America either.

bpitas
01-22-2012, 04:51 PM

It's funny, I've been making this argument for a week now but I haven't seen a site that so clearly shows how close things are because most other sites have Romney getting 31 delegates because of crap like DC and Peurto Rico, as if they automatically go to Romney.

realtonygoodwin
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Thank you, and I'm tired of being accussed of being a troll and various other things, it's BECAUSE I want to win so bad that I get upset when I see this whole thing slipping away and when I raise concerns based on the feedback I'm hearing from voters I'm told to shut up and just donate more money and "trust Ron, he knows what he's doing". Sorry, I love Ron, but he is not a god, he is a human being like you and me and no one should ever refuse to take advice.

Agreed. Sticking your head in the sand and saying everything is fine and is all going according to plan isn't going to work very long.

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah, waste of time, just like trying to campaign in Florida. Sure it's a wide open race, except for Florida. Romney was supposedly a lock for Florida too. Remember that? Except people aren't listening to what people in Florida have had to say about that.

You didn't hear me in here talking about blowing off the state, because I know if the movement could focus it's energy with the campaign as each contest progresses, we'd do much better than quadrupling support.

People act like that is some big achievement. It isn't as far as THIS nomination is concerned. Do people understand that Ron Paul will need TEN TIMES the support that he got in 2008 to be competitive?

No they don't, apparently. I don't care HOW many campaigns you have run, common sense is friggin common sense. You don't blow off any advantage when the odds are stacked against you. You don't ignore ANY chance to change perception when the fact is you need TEN TIMES the amount of support that you currently have to make an impact. You certainly don't take momentum for granted when each day that passes without success or achievements degrades your overall performance.

I answered your question about managing campaigns.

My complaining serves the purpose to bring to light that optimism from a dedicated supporter is something to be earned, not taken for granted. Give me a reason to be optimistic, hell just stop giving me reasons to doubt.

Right now, I have a pretty good reason to doubt that the campaign has any idea of how they are going to win. They aren't merely rolling with the punches, they are getting steamrolled.

The only saving grace is apparently some strategy to TRICK popular support from the other candidates by sending in SPIES and INSURGENTS in to the nominating process to PRETEND like they will vote for someone else and at the LAST MINUTE say, oops we really want Ron Paul.

What a load of horseshit. Anyone with half a brain knows that crap isn't going to be swallowed. Win it by convincing people you are right, not by taking advantage of their ignorance. Talk about mimicking the MSM. heh.

If that is how "we" win, then thanks but no thanks. I signed up for truth, honesty, transparency, integrity. You know, the things Ron Paul stands for. If that is the level "we" have to stoop to in order to win, then Ron Paul may as well come out and say he will nuke the shit out of Iran if they mention Israel one more time.

No, we only need 3.5 times 2008's numbers to win the nod, and we've done that in every sate so far, including SC.

Fighting the delegates battle is not deceptive, it's the way Presidential primaries have been fought since, well, 1789.

I am confused by your umbrage.

anewvoice
01-22-2012, 07:30 PM
+rep, this will be a long slog, do not despair for we are strong