PDA

View Full Version : WE ARE WINNING - Don't let the MSM allow you to believe otherwise

DeadheadForPaul
01-21-2012, 09:51 PM
We have MANY reasons to be positive and to KEEP FIGHTING!

Things to keep in mind:

1.) WE ARE WINNING and INCREASING Ron's support: In Iowa, we doubled from 2008. In New Hampshire, we tripled. In South Carolina, it was quadruple the amount of support than in 2008.

2.) South Carolina will be one of our worst states - if not, the worst. Last time, we got 3%. I know we all would have loved for a better finish, but this was an incredible turn-out considering the state

3.) We did not even have an Official Campaign presence in South Carolina. We're playing for the other Caucus states in February

4.) Ron and Mitt are the only candidates on the ballot in some states

5.) Only a handful of delegates are accounted for. Don't give up 5 minutes into the game when there's a full 4 quarters!

Keep calling, keep donating, and keep spreadin' the word!

smithtg
01-21-2012, 09:56 PM
thanks for the uplift. His message is spreading. ALMOST EVERYONE, can see through the lies of NOOT, MITT AND RICK. NONE are sincere and none stand for a limited government. People will vote for someone they can trust. Obama has earned no trust, so there you have it

UK4Paul
01-21-2012, 10:00 PM
I was a bit disappointed that RP didn't beat Santorum, but the longer this game drags on, the more opportunity Ron has to educate people, and wake people up.

Root
01-21-2012, 10:00 PM
In 2008, 16,155 people cast their vote for Ron Paul in South Carolina.
In 2012, 77,653 people cast their vote for Ron Paul in South Carolina.

61K new supporters of liberty in 4 years. Sounds like a good night to me.

DeadheadForPaul
01-21-2012, 10:02 PM
I was a bit disappointed that RP didn't beat Santorum, but the longer this game drags on, the more opportunity Ron has to educate people, and wake people up.

Well, South Carolina is perhaps the heaviest Evangelical state in the Union

I listen to American Family Radio in the Morning (which is the nationwide Evangelical radio station), and the Evangelical Establishment was pushing Santorum HARDCORE.

Half the time I tuned it, they would be hating on Ron Paul - not joking.

Santorum is not going to be competitive past Super Tuesday. Tonight was actually a MAJOR blow for him to take 3rd considering he lost on Christian Right turf to the adulterer

ericthethe
01-21-2012, 10:04 PM
The biggest threat is the media prematurely declaring a winner and shutting out Paul.

The internet will be extremely important.

Rudeman
01-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I'll never quit.

Right now we're in not favorable territory but after Florida hopefully we get back in it. This election isn't over like the media was pushing. Things change, keep pushing, keep spreading the message.

UK4Paul
01-21-2012, 10:08 PM

I listen to American Family Radio in the Morning (which is the nationwide Evangelical radio station), and the Evangelical Establishment was pushing Santorum HARDCORE.

Santorum is not going to be competitive past Super Tuesday. Tonight was actually a MAJOR blow for him to take 3rd considering he lost on Christian Right turf to the adulterer

Out of interest, why were they hating on Ron Paul?

What were their main issues with him?

DeadheadForPaul
01-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Out of interest, why were they hating on Ron Paul?

What were their main issues with him?

They would repeat "I agree with Ron Paul on fiscal things BUT..."

I frequently heard that he is soft on defense.

There was even some "Defense analyst" who said that he is naive and dangerous when it comes to foreign policy.

I also heard that he wanted to legalize heroin

Finally, they would frequently mention that he is unelectable and even say "Ron Paul himself admits that he's not trying to win"

UK4Paul
01-21-2012, 10:16 PM
They would repeat "I agree with Ron Paul on fiscal things BUT..."

I frequently heard that he is soft on defense.

There was even some "Defense analyst" who said that he is naive and dangerous when it comes to foreign policy.

I also heard that he wanted to legalize heroin

Finally, they would frequently mention that he is unelectable and even say "Ron Paul himself admits that he's not trying to win"

Interesting, thanks.

So it seems DEFENSE is where people still need educating.

QWDC
01-21-2012, 10:21 PM
As we fight for liberty and educate the population, the last issue I expect people to come over to our side on is foreign policy, unfortunately. Things like audit/end the FED, cut budget, strict constitutionalism etc. will come long before the FP.

smithtg
01-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Interesting, thanks.

So it seems DEFENSE is where people still need educating.

it boggles my mind why people want more war. way too much 9.11 kool aid. All these 'bad guys' in the world. Ron says, lets them try to mess with us and then they will learn. people dont know this. they think ron is some sort of pansy which is just wrong

Tyler_Durden
01-21-2012, 11:00 PM
We must Open a New Front in this War. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354045-When-Do-We-Fight-the-Corporate-Media)

alucard13mmfmj
01-21-2012, 11:39 PM
why dont we skip occupy wallstreet and occupy the fed. we need to occupy MSM. MSM has been protecting wallstreet and the fed far too long. MSM is wallstreet/feds most powerful weapon. we need to boycot and occupy MSM.

cavalier973
01-21-2012, 11:57 PM
Donald Wildmon, the guy who started the American Family Association, endorsed Gingrich. Bryan Fischer, the main talk radio host for them, really liked Perry (from what I could tell). I stopped listening to them, because the pro-war propaganda has gotten too much for me to accept from a station purporting to represent Christian values. Of course, four years ago, I believed the same as them, but where I finally realized that the wars are nothing more than tools for the government to destroy liberty and increase its power over us, and that aggressive wars of invasion do not in reality comport with the "Just War Theory", the AFA folk still cling to a warped interpretation of Romans 13, and so take the side of the warmongers.

Indy Vidual
01-21-2012, 11:58 PM
We have MANY reasons to be positive and to KEEP FIGHTING!

Things to keep in mind:

1.) WE ARE WINNING and INCREASING Ron's support: In Iowa, we doubled from 2008. In New Hampshire, we tripled. In South Carolina, it was quadruple the amount of support than in 2008.

2.) South Carolina will be one of our worst states - if not, the worst. Last time, we got 3%. I know we all would have loved for a better finish, but this was an incredible turn-out considering the state

3.) We did not even have an Official Campaign presence in South Carolina. We're playing for the other Caucus states in February

4.) Ron and Mitt are the only candidates on the ballot in some states

5.) Only a handful of delegates are accounted for. Don't give up 5 minutes into the game when there's a full 4 quarters!

Keep calling, keep donating, and keep spreadin' the word!

Thank you.

thoughtomator
01-22-2012, 12:04 AM
It's about education and reaching out to people one-on-one. My mother is someone who you would at first AND second glance not think would be a Paul donor in a million years - about to retire, has a vacation home in the Hamptons, raises money for her non profit from a Wall St. and old NYC money crowd, security-oriented, pro-Israel and Jewish etc. But it just takes one thing to get the conversation started, which in this case was monetary policy and deficits - she has an accounting background, so this spoke to something she knew well. That prompted her to take a closer look, and once someone has come that far they are most of the way to becoming a Paulian.

So I can convince five people, a couple of those each go on to convince five more, and on and on down the line and pretty soon you've got a million people talking about what needs to be done to save the country. Exponential growth - we are at the inflection point, and our collective voices are close to being able to drown out the media.

goldpants
01-22-2012, 12:11 AM
The Liberty Movement is growing at great pace. But if we intend on scoring some much needed second place or first place finishes in February, we will have to fix a couple of key concerns of the yet to be informed voters. Defense: Ron and the official campaign must come up with a sexy talking point on how he would defend this country. Whether it be tough guy border protection or how he would be quick and use great might upon any direct threat to our homeland. Peace and prosperity are the route to restoring America but people need to know he will be strong if necessary. Electibility: The media has sold the casual voter on the notion Ron Paul cannot win the nomination and that he isn't a real option against Obama. We know that RP would present the best chance in a general election against Obama and therefore anything should be possible in the primaries/caucuses as 98% or so of the delegates are still up for grabs. It will be up to the supporters to overcome that issue for the most part. We can overcome that with tremendous organization on the ground in the February contests along with everyone donating when they can, phone banking, wearing support in clothing, signage, etc., using social media, and whatever other avenues necessary to keep his name in the conversation. This process is still in its infancy but the time of maturity is quickly approaching and we need to be ready to rock.

libertybrewcity
01-22-2012, 12:11 AM

They are tied for the top three in church attendance (58%)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6e/Church_or_synagogue_attendance_by_state_GFDL.svg/800px-Church_or_synagogue_attendance_by_state_GFDL.svg.p ng