PDA

View Full Version : For the States where Ron Paul won't actively campaign, WE NEED TO CHANGE THE DIALOGUE.

everlasticity
01-21-2012, 09:49 PM
In the states where Ron Paul won't actively campaign, we need to begin brainstorming on how to drum up support. In these states no one will take us seriously if we tell them that Ron Paul will win or can win the nomination.

I have provided an alternative solution for dialogue here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354072-How-to-Change-the-Conversation

However, nobody seemed to respond. So tell me Grass Roots, How are we going to change the conversation?

I can't go out into the world and tell people that Ron Paul is so great and that everyone should vote for him without a strategy that taps into the beliefs and feelings of those I am addressing. I am not a salesman. I am a thoughtful, rational individual that seeks to understand my opponent and leverage my position by establishing common ground.

We all know what the opposition thinks. We all know that we have trouble getting older people who have become used to the status quo. And it isn't a secret that we have a difficult time admitting to ourselves anything that might suggest Ron Paul isn't going to get the nomination.

I believe Ron Paul can win the nomination under very special circumstances. However, I do not believe that we can create those circumstances without seriously reevaluating our approach to conversation and the premises that we accept when it comes to Ron Paul. We often turn our criticisms toward RP, critiquing his style of delivery, hoping that he will magically turn into a charming statesman. But we need to look at ourselves. Is our Phone From Home working, or are we turning people off? Are we presenting ourselves correctly? Are we doing ourselves a service acting like Bulls who only see red? Are we being realistic, and if we aren't, would being more realistic help us?

Now, normally I am the type to say let anything go. That getting 4 or 5 times the support from 4 years ago is a victory by any measure. But it isn't enough, I can't keep lying to myself about the situation. I can't keep spinning reality to conform to my hopes. And I can't convince others who see front runner status as most important to vote for Ron Paul . He is losing momentum for real now, the whole country is going to feel this way. We have to deal with this, especially in those states where Ron Paul isn't focusing his campaign.

Tomorrow I am going door to door. I am not even going to mention my support for Ron Paul unless I sense that there is some receptiveness. I am going to take a simple voter preference survey and see if I can identify some Ron Paul supporters, and use that information in the least invasive way that I can. Some pointers would be nice.

ZanZibar
01-21-2012, 10:30 PM
No, ALL attention and resources need to be put into caucus states where it is likely that RP can win delegates.

thoughtomator
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
The old and elderly vote. Tailor the message to them. It's easy to sell anybody else.

everlasticity
01-21-2012, 10:34 PM
@ZanZibar I am not suggesting otherwise. I agree, winner take all states are probably not the best use of resources. But there are other states, such as Massachusetts, where Paul won't step foot, but there is a chance to win delegates. In fact, there is a good chance in Mass, since we only need 15%.

everlasticity
01-21-2012, 10:39 PM
The old and elderly vote. Tailor the message to them. It's easy to sell anybody else.

It's not an easy sell. People I talk to won't vote for Ron Paul because they don't believe he can win.

opinionatedfool
01-21-2012, 10:41 PM
All supporters in FL should help out with other states. FL is winner take all. No use wasting resources on it. Romney or Grinch will win it.

everlasticity
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Someone over at DP suggested this regarding the elderly:

Ron Paul needs to focus on scaring the sh*t out these idiots
Submitted by Washington_2020 on Sun, 01/22/2012 - 05:06.
He needs to say:

"Prepare for food and oil prices to sky rocket--most of the next generation won't make it through college and the ones that do won't have jobs."

"You elderly are about to learn about 'Dying with Dignity' as per Obamacare. We can't afford you anymore--it's really a matter of bombs or pills and America's choosing bombs."

"China and illegals will rule America under these clowns next to me. The country you love is all about gone--this is your last chance. Don't be selfish and screw your kids out of a future."