PDA

View Full Version : It's the 2nd Amendment Stupid!

Brick-in-the-Wall
01-21-2012, 09:12 PM
If I know anything about the South, which growing up in it I like to think so, they love their guns. I don't blame them, I do too. The thing is, people in the South are SCARED TO DEATH that the Government will grab their guns if given any chance to do so. Don't believe me? Look at gun sales in 2009 after Obama took office. We sold enough guns in this country in 2009 to arm China and India's standing armies. This past Black Friday, firearms were one of the top selling items.

Ron Paul has the best record for being pro-second amendment.

Romney has proposed gun control legislation that would make Obama have a wet dream.
Gingrich has received failing grades from several gun rights groups and his voting record isn't pro-second amendment.
Santorum isn't as bad but he has voted for some "protect the children" legislation that does more harm than good and studies show this.

Ron Paul needs to run ads and show how he's the real 2nd amendment candidate. You convince people that Gingrich, Santorum, or Romney doesn't like the 2nd amendment and you'll have them dropping supporters left and right I can promise you that.

Paul can tie this in with his national defense. He can say, "Look at Switzerland and how their citizens are armed and no country, like Nazi Germany, has dared attack them because of how armed they are." He can say we're for a strong national security by having a well regulated civilian militia and armed population.

Not to mention, how can Gingrich claim he's the "real conservative" when "real conservatives" support the 2nd amendment?

Thoughts?

michaelwise
01-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Paul should talk about the 2nd amendment and Obama's fast & furious gunrunning operation to Mexico.

Brick-in-the-Wall
01-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Paul should talk about the 2nd amendment and Obama's fast & furious gunrunning operation to Mexico.

Two birds with one stone. We can talk about the War on Drugs and how it has failed by turning Mexico into a borderline anarchy state run by drug lords. If the GOP didn't fight the War on Drugs, Obama wouldn't have a reason to pull out Fast and Furious. I agree with this.

The thing is I think we can nail the other candidates as well, especially Newt and Romney.

Paul4Prez
01-21-2012, 09:52 PM
I've campaigned for Ron Paul at a gun show. Everyone seemed to know that he was the best candidate on the 2nd Amendment already. They just didn't think he could win. That's still the biggest obstacle.

Brick-in-the-Wall
01-21-2012, 10:22 PM
I've campaigned for Ron Paul at a gun show. Everyone seemed to know that he was the best candidate on the 2nd Amendment already. They just didn't think he could win. That's still the biggest obstacle.

Well if we show ads with the national polls showing it's either Romney or Paul who could beat Obama within the margin of error, would that help?

They already don't like Romney and if you show all of his anti-second amendment legislation it would be super easy to take the South.

Right now, could it be possible to paint Newt as a gun grabber?