PDA

View Full Version : Im a newbe and im not interested in anything but a ron paul victory!!

rb3b3
01-21-2012, 09:11 PM
With 3 states behind us and a different winner in each of the states, why am i hearing about just changing platforms at the convention?? Is this our ultimate goal? Please be honest and tell me right now!!! I know nothing about polls and voting and delgates and brokered conventions and changing platforms! I do however knows what it means to win!! Winning should be the ultimate goal!! Anything less is unacceptable!!! Ill be voting for ron paul no matter what! I have let this republican race consume me!! Im phoning fro
Home, im getting everyone i know to vote for ron paul, i am on this site everyday trying to learn from you guys, but i need to know right now if our guy has a realistic shot at the presidency!! If he does not and we are just in it for changing platforms at the convention, i need to know, because i can not put my heart and sole into this knowing that its the campaign goal is to get to the convention just to change platforms!! I dont even know what that means so maybe im getting ahead of myself, but toe that sounds like settling for something other then being the potus! Experts please tell me where we are at now that 3 states are in the books!!!

newbitech
01-21-2012, 09:13 PM
With 3 states behind us and a different winner in each of the states, why am i hearing about just changing platforms at the convention?? Is this our ultimate goal? Please be honest and tell me right now!!! I know nothing about polls and voting and delgates and brokered conventions and changing platforms! I do however knows what it means to win!! Winning should be the ultimate goal!! Anything less is unacceptable!!! Ill be voting for ron paul no matter what! I have let this republican race consume me!! Im phoning fro
Home, im getting everyone i know to vote for ron paul, i am on this site everyday trying to learn from you guys, but i need to know right now if our guy has a realistic shot at the presidency!! If he does not and we are just in it for changing platforms at the convention, i need to know, because i can not put my heart and sole into this knowing that its the campaign goal is to get to the convention just to change platforms!! I dont even know what that means so maybe im getting ahead of myself, but toe that sounds like settling for something other then being the potus! Experts please tell me where we are at now that 3 states are in the books!!!

there are no experts. the best thing you can do for yourself is not turn the internet in to the next MSM. Figure out what you are going to do on your own. And do it.

dbill27
01-21-2012, 09:13 PM
You can't put your heart into something unless you'll be likely successfull? One of the weakest things I've ever heard

flynn
01-21-2012, 09:14 PM
With 3 states behind us and a different winner in each of the states, why am i hearing about just changing platforms at the convention?? Is this out ultimate goal? Please be honest and tell me right now!!! I know nothing about polls and voting and delgates and brokered conventions and changing platforms! I do however knows what it means to win!! Winning should be the ultimate goal!! Anything less is unacceptable!!! Ill be voting for ron paul no matter what! I have let this republican race consume me!! Im phoning fro

delegates delegates delegates. Ron Paul is in it for the long haul, don't worry. Ron Paul's campaign is focusing the resources after florida. Newt and Santorum cannot win at its core, due to the fact that neither Newt and Santorum are on the ballots in some of the states(which consist of more than 500 delegates) you need 1144 delegates(someone, please verify the numbers) to outright winning the nomination. I think.

rb3b3
01-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I want to continue to put my heart and sole into it, but only if its the campaign goal of winning the whole thing!!

TheTyke
01-21-2012, 09:15 PM
The odds have always been stacked against us, yet there is hope nonetheless. Nothing changed about that.

Whether it's the nomination or the future of our country, it's always been necessary that we keep fighting with everything we have!

XorGate
You are buying into the media narrative that all Paul wants to do is change the platform. Changing the platoform is secondary to winning because winning will automatically change the platform. We can win. We have the drive, and contrary to all the downers on here, this night has put newfound energy into me. I will be campaigning three times as hard after tonight because I know that it will take twice the work. We can win this.

justinjj
The problem is the party that we are running in. The party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Nixon, both Bushes, etc. is not going to nominate Ron Paul. It's getting absurd all the time and money we have put into this thing; we've practically been campaigning for 5 straight years and we cannot even win one state. The sooner we start a new party that this movement can call home, the better.

Working Poor
01-21-2012, 09:16 PM
If you like Ron's message fight anyway you can for it.

sailingaway
01-21-2012, 09:17 PM
We aren't there yet. Media is trying to make people believe that so anyone who doesn't want to 'waste their vote' won't vote for Ron. But the rules were changed this year to proportional representation in most states through March. So the win is still available. The problem wasn't tonight,because if we had gotten third place and no delegates, we really wouldn't be any better off than we are. We just wanted it because we wanted Santorum to drop out and for Ron to have the psychological 'third place' before moving to Nevada -- because we aren't competing, really, in Florida. The market there is too expensive and the likelihood of winning outright to get ANY delegates is a long shot. So we'll organize for the states we need to win. over 500 delegates CAN'T be won by either Santorum or Gingrich because of their ballot mistakes. That is a lot bigger than all the delegates that will have been won even THROUGH Florida.

However, psychology is real and impacts people in later voting states. That is where we have to focus, to make sure they understand we are playing a long game and it isn't nearly over.

TheTyke
01-21-2012, 09:17 PM
The problem is the party that we are running in. The party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Nixon, both Bushes, etc. is not going to nominate Ron Paul. It's getting absurd all the time and money we have put into this thing; we've practically been campaigning for 5 straight years and we cannot even win one state. The sooner we start a new party that this movement can call home, the better.

Yeah where we can ridicule every liberty candidate for the slightest transgressions and get a whopping 1.5% of the vote. That's been tried for 40 years without winning a federal election, you know. :)

rb3b3
01-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Ok thank u everyone!! Lets win this shit!!

sailingaway
I want to continue to put my heart and sole into it, but only if its the campaign goal of winning the whole thing!!

that is the goal. The other is only a back up, but the msm discusses it to marginalize Ron.

flynn

Election laws are dead set against a third party.

Tyler_Durden
01-21-2012, 09:21 PM

This isn't just a fight for the next 4 or 8yrs!!! This is a Revolution!!!!! Paul is changing the game!!! Fight the Fight. I want him to win the nomination badly. Very badly. At the same time, I realize that the longer he's in the picture, the longer he spreads the truth. That will help continue to shape politics. Just think how far he has come regarding the Federal Reserve. Even that snake Newt was talking about it in his victory speech. Win or lose, Paul's message will be carried through this election and into the next ones......

NOBP right now because the others are all the same.

MsDoodahs
01-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Election laws are dead set against a third party.

To the OP, this is the truth - remember who makes the laws: "Republicans" and "Democrats."

The system they designed is intended to keep 3rd parties out.

TheLasersShadow
01-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Don't play checkers play chess, think a few moves ahead. This is a REVOLUTION! you can't blast away peoples preconceptions in one election. Changing minds is a process.

And YES we still have a shot we knew coming into SC that we would not be doing so well for various reasons. You want to see a win hope for Nevada!

Warmon
01-21-2012, 09:40 PM

The goal is to win and there is a real strategy. Today for example is not a defeat at all for Dr. Paul. Newt won, so he took all 25 delegates. Romney, Santorum and Paul get 0. So you see, outside of first, it doesn't really matter much whether your 2nd, 3rd or whatever. Florida is the same way expect that it takes tens of millions to compete and it too is a winner take all for 50 delegates.

everlasticity
01-21-2012, 10:19 PM
We can win. But I think we also need to be honest with ourselves. Ron Paul is not going to get a majority of delegates, IMO. So the only path toward victory is a brokered convention. At a brokered convention, delegates are freed up to vote for whomever they want. By snatching up enough delegates we have a chance to take the convention after a few rounds of voting.

sailingaway
01-21-2012, 10:29 PM
This isn't just a fight for the next 4 or 8yrs!!! This is a Revolution!!!!! Paul is changing the game!!! Fight the Fight. I want him to win the nomination badly. Very badly. At the same time, I realize that the longer he's in the picture, the longer he spreads the truth. That will help continue to shape politics. Just think how far he has come regarding the Federal Reserve. Even that snake Newt was talking about it in his victory speech. Win or lose, Paul's message will be carried through this election and into the next ones......

NOBP right now because the others are all the same.

Don't play checkers play chess, think a few moves ahead. This is a REVOLUTION! you can't blast away peoples preconceptions in one election. Changing minds is a process.

And YES we still have a shot we knew coming into SC that we would not be doing so well for various reasons. You want to see a win hope for Nevada!

this mindset is from those who have fought prior battles and see how far these ideas have come. but the fact is, right now there is a chance to win THIS election, and the biggest thing we are fighting is the PERCEPTION that there isn't.

unknown
01-21-2012, 10:30 PM

soul...

sailingaway
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
We can win. But I think we also need to be honest with ourselves. Ron Paul is not going to get a majority of delegates, IMO. So the only path toward victory is a brokered convention. At a brokered convention, delegates are freed up to vote for whomever they want. By snatching up enough delegates we have a chance to take the convention after a few rounds of voting.

Right now we can still win a majority. The nut we have to crack before all eyes turn from Florida to Nevada is conveying simply, perhaps in an ad, that Ron is electable and the fight is winnable, with a long game.

Chainspell
01-21-2012, 10:51 PM
yeah lets just roll over to the side and die

Edward
01-21-2012, 10:55 PM
The odds have always been stacked against us, yet there is hope nonetheless. Nothing changed about that.

Whether it's the nomination or the future of our country, it's always been necessary that we keep fighting with everything we have!

Damn. That's good. + rep