PDA

View Full Version : How many "Average" Americans actually watch pundits?

runamuck
01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
What do you guys think? How many average, normal Americans who have a life, a family, and more important things to do actually sit in front of their TV and watch & listen to pundits analyze and bullshit for hours of candidates, debates, and election results?

My guess..... 5%

BrittanySligar
01-21-2012, 08:48 PM
too fucking many.

tbone717
01-21-2012, 08:49 PM
What do you guys think? How many average, normal Americans who have a life, a family, and more important things to do actually sit in front of their TV and watch & listen to pundits analyze and bullshit for hours of candidates, debates, and election results?

My guess..... 5%

I think you are about right.

jsingh1022
01-21-2012, 08:49 PM
If the answer was 5% then we wouldn't have seen the "Santorum surge" in Iowa, the "Huntsman surge" in NH, and the "Gingrich surge" in SC.

We all know by now the fickle voters choose whoever the media is talking about at the time. Santorum literally went from 5% to 25% in polling over the course of one week. The surge was fueled by the media and the fickle voters who follow it.

It goes...
1. Media announces surge
2. Surge happens

It doesn't go...
1. Surge happens
2. Media announces surge

I don't think a large % of Americans analyze pundits for hours. However, the majority of Americans get their news from mainstream media outlets and then vote for whoever is being talked about at the time.

My 2 cents

tucker
01-21-2012, 08:50 PM

My guess..... 5%

The majority. What is their other option? Do their own research? You just stated that they don't have a lot of time.

Miss Annie
01-21-2012, 08:50 PM

My guess..... 5%

Before I started really researching, I would have thought a pundit had something to do with football!
I am guessing 93% don't even know what it is! LOL.

sailingaway
01-21-2012, 08:51 PM
They think they are getting the news. They do that INSTEAD of looking it up on the internet.

wgadget
01-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Someone on Twitter said something like "I'm going to go and vote, but I need to listen to Michael Medved first."

OMG. It's THAT bad.

runamuck
01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
I mean after a debate the pundits sit there for an hour nitpicking over every word spoken and start to breakdown how it will "shake out" in the election. Who actually sits there and listens to those fools talk about that?

jsteilKS
01-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I read a list somewhere that had South Carolina listed as the 44th state for internet usage. Since most people hear about Congressman Paul from the internet it kind of tells us we do better in states with higher internet usage.

BrittanySligar
01-21-2012, 09:06 PM
probably 50+% of GOP voters.

JohnGalt1225
01-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Well if you look at the past three primaries/caucuses I think it's safe to say a majority of people watch them. If you look at the election results they were all pretty much won based on voters who made up their mind "in the last few days," AKA when the media starts creating a fictitious narrative around their chosen flavor of the moment i.e. Santorum in Iowa, Huntsman in NH, and Gingrich in SC. These people are sheep who sit around with their thumbs up their asses and click on the boobtube 2 days before they vote and look for marching orders from FauxNews or CNN. I will literally never understand the mindset of "OMG the man on TV told me that Santorum/Huntsman/Gingrich is 'SURGING' I think I should vote for him!"