PDA

View Full Version : 564 delegates to be split between Ron Paul and Romney

bobbyw24
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
http://goo.gl/6JjVN

bobbyw24
01-21-2012, 08:34 PM
The strategy the campaign is implementing is on track to collect a boatload of delegates.

MrGoose
01-21-2012, 08:36 PM
What states?

bobbyw24
01-21-2012, 08:38 PM
What states?

We never talk states; only delegates!!

RonRules
01-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Did Ron get delegates today?

Got my own answer:
http://edition.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/sc

With 94% of the results in, Looks like only Newt got delegates.

MrGoose
01-21-2012, 08:39 PM

But... but!

Ok.....

bobbyw24
01-21-2012, 08:40 PM

Good question

Scott_in_PA
01-21-2012, 08:42 PM

No

RonRules
01-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Delegates for today (thus far)
Gingrich 21
Paul 0
Romney 0
Santorum 0

bobbyw24
01-21-2012, 08:44 PM
No

No worries. We Will get several more along The way

Mickeys
01-21-2012, 08:45 PM

So you really are just determined to destroy EVERYTHING Ron Paul stands for by killing the movement for the future? Ron Paul was VERY clear 4 years ago that he was against this idiotic plan (that has ZERO chance of working anyway) of stealing the nomination by having delegates vote for him against hte will of the voters. Yet idiots like you are still saying "Screw Ron Paul! We are goign to do it OUR WAY!" And EVERY gain that has been made at hte state and local level over the last 4 year will be wiped out completely.

Of course, it won't...since like 2008, this plan will enver get anywhere. So the only one who will see their reputation hurt by this is you. For being so delusional as to think it could ever happen the way you think.

God...I remember 4 years ago morons like you were saying that you had HUNDREDS of delegates in the bag for Ron Paul. And how'd that work out?

Oddone
01-21-2012, 08:49 PM
So you really are just determined to destroy EVERYTHING Ron Paul stands for by killing the movement for the future? Ron Paul was VERY clear 4 years ago that he was against this idiotic plan (that has ZERO chance of working anyway) of stealing the nomination by having delegates vote for him against hte will of the voters. Yet idiots like you are still saying "Screw Ron Paul! We are goign to do it OUR WAY!" And EVERY gain that has been made at hte state and local level over the last 4 year will be wiped out completely.

Of course, it won't...since like 2008, this plan will enver get anywhere. So the only one who will see their reputation hurt by this is you. For being so delusional as to think it could ever happen the way you think.

God...I remember 4 years ago morons like you were saying that you had HUNDREDS of delegates in the bag for Ron Paul. And how'd that work out?

Listen to Ron Paul or his campaign at all this year? They keep saying they are in it to the convention. Thats the word, which means we are shooting for delegates and if we have to a brokered convention. Also what in the hell are you talking about? Delegates are either bound or unbound. Bound must vote for whoever they are told to depending on who won them, unless it is brokered, then they become unbound and can vote for Ron Paul. Now states like Iowa and Nevada have unbound delegates. If we get our people in there it doesn't matter who wins. Oh, and your post makes you sound like you want Romney or Newt to win by the way, why should we roll over and not fight?

royalecraig
01-21-2012, 08:50 PM
That's a Great Result for Ron Paul, it's the second best result he could have wanted, because as I understand it, only Romney can go all the way to the end, Gingrich misses out on too many, so RP got none, but neither did Romney, so the position s the same as NH / IOWA is that a correct interpretation,... it's the second best outcome. in terms pf delegates any way.

bobbyw24
01-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Delegates baby delegates

royalecraig
01-21-2012, 08:52 PM
This is a translation of Ahmadinejhad's speech, he did not say he wanted to wipe Israel off the map....we have been lied to by the media, the video is in two parts, this is part 1 Can people keep copies of this vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw7bcuonFjs

nc4rp
01-21-2012, 09:27 PM

Got my own answer:
http://edition.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/sc

With 94% of the results in, Looks like only Newt got delegates.

SC was penalized half their delegates anyway.

Odin
01-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Do any of the states where Romney and Paul are the only ones on the ballot have proportional representation?

I seemed to think Virginia did but if one candidate gets 50% or more they take all the delegates, so we have to stop Romney getting 50%.

JJ2
01-21-2012, 09:39 PM
564 delegates to be split between Ron Paul and Romney

Not if Romney drops out soon. Then Paul gets all of them. :)

nbruno322
01-21-2012, 09:40 PM
How many of those 564 delegates are in "winner take all" states?? The fewer the better, we want them split up proportionally....at least at this point in time.

dillo
01-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Not if Romney drops out soon. Then Paul gets all of them. :)
just because they arent on the ballot doesnt mean people won't write them in

alex_florida
01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Still what is the distribution of delegates between RP, Noot, Santa and Mitt after SC? Can anybody give the real numbers?

jamezelle
01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
just because they arent on the ballot doesnt mean people won't write them in
in VA at least, there is no write in. The choice is either Paul or Romney in that state, period!

cjm
01-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Do any of the states where Romney and Paul are the only ones on the ballot have proportional representation?

I seemed to think Virginia did but if one candidate gets 50% or more they take all the delegates, so we have to stop Romney getting 50%.

That's not entirely true. Each winner of the 11 congressional districts will get 3 delegates per district. There are also 13 at-large delegates. The at-large delegates are proportional unless someone gets 50+% of the vote. If someone gets more than 50%, they get all at-large delegates, but the congressional district delegates still go to the winner of each congressional district.

Edward
01-22-2012, 02:24 AM
I have a feeling that we are going to look back at Wead's assertion and feel pretty naive. I would like a second source and some math on this figure.

MrGoose
01-22-2012, 03:12 AM
So what are the other states Newt isn't in?

Austin
01-22-2012, 03:16 AM
I have a feeling that we are going to look back at Wead's assertion and feel pretty naive. I would like a second source and some math on this figure.

People are misinterpreting Wead's statement. He was saying that the states in which Santorum or Gingrich failed to get on the ballot have 564 delegates combined.

In many of those states it will be Romney/Paul/Santorum on the ballot, or Romney/Paul/Gingrich. I believe the only state in which Gingrich and Santorum both failed to get on the ballot is Virginia, which has 49 delegates.

MrGoose
01-22-2012, 03:21 AM
People are misinterpreting Wead's statement. He was saying that the states in which Santorum or Gingrich failed to get on the ballot have 564 delegates combined.

In many of those states it will be Romney/Paul/Santorum on the ballot, or Romney/Paul/Gingrich. I believe the only state in which Gingrich and Santorum both failed to get on the ballot is Virginia, which has 49 delegates.So what are the states!?

MrGoose
01-22-2012, 03:29 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/196346/newts-failure-to-get-on-the-missouri-ohio-and-virginia-ballots-and-problems-in-nh-are-causing-his-support-to-leave-in-dro

Found it finally

Ohio and Missouri are both on Super Tuesday. That's a hundred delegates between us and Romney.

bobbyw24
01-22-2012, 07:06 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/196346/newts-failure-to-get-on-the-missouri-ohio-and-virginia-ballots-and-problems-in-nh-are-causing-his-support-to-leave-in-dro

Found it finally

Ohio and Missouri are both on Super Tuesday. That's a hundred delegates between us and Romney.

Yep--it was kinda hidden

UNC08
01-22-2012, 07:22 AM
in VA at least, there is no write in. The choice is either Paul or Romney in that state, period!

Virginia worries me. If the voters don't come through there (and I'm hopeful that many will -- even if some do so simply in protest), it will be embarrassing.

Now that I think of it, what do you folks suppose Newt and the others' supporters will do? Stay at home maybe? Certainly a limited turnout would help us. It's a weird situation. I can't imagine many will turn out at all, now that I think of it.

Mark37snj
01-22-2012, 07:25 AM
The strategy the campaign is implementing is on track to collect a boatload of delegates.

Were Gona Need a Bigger Boat!

bobbyw24
01-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Were Gona Need a Bigger Boat!

Dude, we got this.

RON PAUL HAS THE GOP NOMINATION IN THE BOAT!

bobbyw24
01-23-2012, 05:18 AM

In many of those states it will be Romney/Paul/Santorum on the ballot, or Romney/Paul/Gingrich. I believe the only state in which Gingrich and Santorum both failed to get on the ballot is Virginia, which has 49 delegates.

Stay positive.

We got this