PDA

View Full Version : I just donated to Ron Paul to celebrate how far we've come!

dagnybell
01-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Doesn't anyone remember the slogan "Ron Paul for the long haul!" ????

I'm not sure what was more depressing tonight - MSM coverage or the willingness to give up that I saw expressed on these boards.

This thing is no where close to over.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, keep your chin up and move forward!!!

Thank you for your generous donation!
Amount: $20.12
Transaction ID: 333668473
Transaction date/time: 2012-01-21 20:25:09

justatrey
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
+rep

In all fairness to the campaign, we didn't exactly overwhelm them with donations after NH...

dagnybell
01-21-2012, 08:32 PM
That's right and what they need to be able to compete is MONEY! Everyone needs to put their money where their mouth is and give as much as they can as often as they can. We're frankly not getting much bang for our buck on the money bombs as far as press coverage is concerned. That was more important during '08, but now they need a steady stream of funds to keep competing. It's going to become more and more important.

Travlyr
01-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Excellent! All the negative Nancy's on this board have no clue how the political process works. It is about delegates. If Ron Paul wins the Presidency in 2012, then the wars end in 2013. The Federal Reserve gets audited and competing currencies get legalized.

If the media wins the election again in 2012, then it will take longer to end the wars and legalize freedom, but freedom is eventually going to be legalized in America in spite of the media lies. Sure the media is powerful right now, but liars are losers in the 21st century. Their days in power are numbered.

Dorfsmith
01-21-2012, 08:41 PM
In 2008 we got a little over 16,000 votes in SC. Now we're 68,000 and counting. WE ARE WINNING! And we're not going away any time soon.

rprprs
01-21-2012, 08:42 PM
That's right and what they need to be able to compete is MONEY! Everyone needs to put their money where their mouth is and give as much as they can as often as they can. We're frankly not getting much bang for our buck on the money bombs as far as press coverage is concerned. That was more important during '08, but now they need a steady stream of funds to keep competing. It's going to become more and more important.
From just a little earlier tonite...

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $50.00
Transaction date/time: 2012-01-21 19:43:06
Transaction ID: 333666712

If we want to continue, we MUST fund the campaign.

Mickeys
01-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Excellent! All the negative Nancy's on this board have no clue how the political process works. It is about delegates. If Ron Paul wins the Presidency in 2012, then the wars end in 2013. The Federal Reserve gets audited and competing currencies get legalized.

If the media wins the election again in 2012, then it will take longer to end the wars and legalize freedom, but freedom is eventually going to be legalized in America in spite of the media lies. Sure the media is powerful right now, but liars are losers in the 21st century. Their days in power are numbered.

Dude...i don't think you understnad how the US government works. The preisdent does not have absolute power.

dagnybell
01-21-2012, 08:51 PM
From just a little earlier tonite...

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $50.00
Transaction date/time: 2012-01-21 19:43:06
Transaction ID: 333666712

If we want to continue, we MUST fund the campaign.

Thank you! +rep

Travlyr
01-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Dude...i don't think you understnad how the US government works. The preisdent does not have absolute power.
Oh I understand alright. The President is "Commander in Chief." Do you understand how much power that is? The President appoints Supreme Court justices. Do you understand how much power that is? The President appoints cabinet members, and has a team of support. That is powerful. The President can veto legislation, eliminate Executive Orders, and he has the bully pulpit. Did you ever listen to Ronald Reagan speak? Ronald Reagan captivated the American people and had their support. I understand the power of the presidency just fine.

ONUV
01-21-2012, 09:12 PM
keep donating. don't wait for money bombs.

Mckarnin
01-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Gingrich winning is actually the best thing that could happen besides Ron Paul winning. It makes Romney seem less inevitable and unlike a Santorum surge Newt has so many skeletons waiting to come out of his closet he will easier to take down. He also failed to get on the ballot in many states so his chances of having enough votes to win are slim. Also, we have to take the media blackout into consideration. They really made Ron Paul seem like a non-candidate but in more liberty minded places I don't think as many people will go for that.

I hope and pray this is a temporary thing, like the OP said, SC getting excited at the idea of Gingrich ripping Obama up but even though he's a good talker that seems to be all he has to offer that is positive.

Travlyr
01-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Gingrich winning is actually the best thing that could happen besides Ron Paul winning. It makes Romney seem less inevitable and unlike a Santorum surge Newt has so many skeletons waiting to come out of his closet he will easier to take down. He also failed to get on the ballot in many states so his chances of having enough votes to win are slim. Also, we have to take the media blackout into consideration. They really made Ron Paul seem like a non-candidate but in more liberty minded places I don't think as many people will go for that.

I hope and pray this is a temporary thing, like the OP said, SC getting excited at the idea of Gingrich ripping Obama up but even though he's a good talker that seems to be all he has to offer that is positive.

This is spot on. The South Carolina voters picked a guy who is indeed unelectable because he isn't even on the ballot in some States. That proves Newt's incompetence, but the South Carolina voters bought the media shill bait hook, line, and sinker. Tonight's outcome could have been better if Ron Paul would have won, but this outcome is just fine.