PDA

View Full Version : NOBP strategy

coot
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
If every supporter of Ron Paul pledged to cast a write-in vote for him in the General Election if he doesn't get the Republican nomination, what would be the reaction? (Does every state allow write-ins?)

BuddyRey
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Attention, GOP...NO ONE BUT PAUL!

thoughtomator
01-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Oh, absolutely. There is no way they win without Ron Paul as the nominee. No room for negotiation, there is no trust.

southernsontn
01-22-2012, 02:19 AM
that's been my plan all along, as it was in '08. I am not always a Republican, but when I am, I prefer Ron Paul...

Edward
01-22-2012, 02:21 AM
The GOP establishment would say, "F*** you!", and protect the status quo.

squarepusher
01-22-2012, 02:21 AM
http://seerpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/obama-quit-smoking-yes-we-can.jpg

donnay
01-22-2012, 02:41 AM
If every supporter of Ron Paul pledged to cast a write-in vote for him in the General Election if he doesn't get the Republican nomination, what would be the reaction? (Does every state allow write-ins?)

I believe if you vote absentee you get a paper ballot.

mello
01-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Whenever Jack Hunter, Tom Woods, or Doug Wead are on tv, they need to keep mentioning 2 things.

1st) Santorum & Gingrich are not on the ballots in multiple States so they can't win 500+ delegates which means they are not electable.

2nd) If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, then Obama wins. The reasons are because Paul supporters are not going to switch to another candidate & no other Republican candidate can get as many independents & disaffected democrats to beat Obama.

anaconda
01-22-2012, 03:07 AM

It doesn't matter if you write in Ron Paul. They won't count it anyway. What's important is that no significant number of Paul supporters vote for the Republican nominee. Paul will probably endorse someone like last time (Chuck Baldwin), so vote for whomever Ron endorses.

anaconda
01-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Whenever Jack Hunter, Tom Woods, or Doug Wead are on tv, they need to keep mentioning 2 things.

1st) Santorum & Gingrich are not on the ballots in multiple States so they can't win 500+ delegates which means they are not electable.

2nd) If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, then Obama wins. The reasons are because Paul supporters are not going to switch to another candidate & no other Republican candidate can get as many independents & disaffected democrats to beat Obama.

Would help if the GOP voters understood this as well.

MichaelD
01-22-2012, 09:27 AM
The only thing that scares the GOP is Obama winning and a third party run of Ron Paul.

I think we need to vow to vote Obama if Ron does not win. I honestly rather have 4 more years of Obama than risk 8with newt or santorum.

Mark37snj
01-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Were not gona hold them hostage, were gona TAKE OVER!!!

Anti Federalist
01-22-2012, 10:29 AM

Search:

Attention media and GOP: No One But Paul

robert9712000
01-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I think the establishment would rather have Obama for 4 more years than to lose control of there party

Anti Federalist
01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I think the establishment would rather have Obama for 4 more years than to lose control of there party

Yes, this is established as fact.

The GOP leadership could care less.

Obama or whoever...makes no difference, they all play for the same team.

flightlesskiwi
01-22-2012, 11:16 AM

absentee ballot is a paper ballot.

coot... join the club!! NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!!

who cares what the reaction will be?? what matters is that we took a stand and held the line!

eduardo89
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM
The only thing that scares the GOP is Obama winning and a third party run of Ron Paul.

I think we need to vow to vote Obama if Ron does not win. I honestly rather have 4 more years of Obama than risk 8with newt or santorum.

The party doesn't care who wins as long as its not Ron Paul. It's the same people who profit whether Obama, Bush, Romney or Gingrich is in office. Makes no difference to "them"

coot
01-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I was just wondering if the GOP would try to "bargain" with Paul supporters to avoid losing to Obama.

coot
01-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Michael D--I could never vote for a pro-abortion person, even if he was running against Satan. I voted for Bush and McCain because I "didn't want to waste my vote". Now that I'm awake, I'm voting for the most principled, pro-life person, whether he's the nominee or not.

Tod
01-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Rather than emphasizing that you and other Paul supporters won't support a GOP nominee other than Paul, how about if we emphasize that a moderate or liberal Republican doesn't stand a chance against Obama. If Obama wins, it is because so many Tea Party people and other Republicans didn't support the conservative candidate.

ONLY the CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE is able to beat Obama.

Newt, Romney are moderate/liberal candidates
Santorum may be socially conservative, but he is moderate/liberal in every other respect.