PDA

View Full Version : Today Christianity has been dealt a powerful blow.

wgadget
01-21-2012, 08:23 PM
No need to explain, I'm sure.

Holy Schmuck. :eek:

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
its self inflicted

Endthefednow
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Indeed :confused:

opinionatedfool
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Yes. Very sad that a person who should probably be in prison got so much support.

tsetsefly
01-21-2012, 08:26 PM
hence the need for separation of chruch and state... CHristian leaders had much more power 10-8 years ago... People have grown tired of their growing involvement in politics but they still hold considerable weight in SC and other southern states...

Jeffster
Ha. Not at all. I doubt Jesus feels threatened.

mommaliberty
serial hypocrisy at its best... from the voters too

kill the banks
golden rule damn near obsolete ... keep pushing

Sola_Fide
Christianity has been dealt blows by the world for centuries....

...mostly by people who claim Jesus' name.

Luieburger
01-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I agree. So much for social conservatism.

sdsubball23
01-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Actually God does say that "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8. Praise God :)

BuddyRey
01-21-2012, 08:29 PM
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Gandhi

wgadget
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I didn't mean that GOD has lost credibility. Just the people that call themselves "evangelicals." The ones that voted for Swingrich.

Seriously, their ABSOLUTE HATRED for Obama has blocked their senses. It's sad, really.

vechorik
01-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Gingrich played the "Christian card" -- He is forgiven
...... that's the logic of a lot of Christians)

sdsubball23
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
I didn't mean that GOD has lost credibility. Just the people that call themselves "evangelicals." The ones that voted for Swingrich.

Seriously, their ABSOLUTE HATRED for Obama has blocked their senses. It's sad, really.

I agree that this is a problem. It bothers me, but I think it's probably because of years and years of deceitful conditioning by the media and people in some of the churches agreeing with and teaching those same views to their children and peers around them. This needs to end now!

But really at the end of the day, politics are not the most important thing for Christians, it's about loving God and loving our neighbor as ourselves. We can go through prosperity in America and we can go through war and economic uncertainty, but none of that matters as much as peoples souls being saved by God so that they can spend eternity with Him.

sdsubball23
01-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Gingrich played the "Christian card" -- He is forgiven
...... that's the logic of a lot of Christians)

If he truly has changed, I give him props. We're all imperfect people in need of the grace of God.

But regarding the political issues at hand Ron Paul is the man for that.

ronpaulhemp
01-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Two words: Serial hypocrisy

everlasticity
01-21-2012, 08:43 PM
How can we weave this sentiment into our narrative for Ron Paul. It's isn't enough to say that Ron Paul is the Christian choice. How do we best criticize Christianity for failing to live up to its internal value system?

Evangelical_Protestant
01-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm all for forgiveness. However, one has to repent before being forgiven. Newt rubs it in our faces and is very arrogant.

Any "Christian" who states that there is only one way to deal with your enemies, and that is to "kill them", doesn't seem very Christian to me! Interesting how hypocritical and disgusting these people are considering Christ said to love your enemies. I highly doubt a majority of southerners are as Christian as they claim though. They have polluted it and injected their wretchedness into it, causing their faith to be worthless. Non-believers who practice peace and compassion are closer to God than these false Christians.

They are the worse enemies of the Lord. No people on the earth are as vile as the kind of people that claim to be faithful and have a personality like Newt. May God have mercy on south carolina.

gte811i
01-21-2012, 09:27 PM
If he truly has changed, I give him props. We're all imperfect people in need of the grace of God.

But regarding the political issues at hand Ron Paul is the man for that.

I think sometimes we think of forgiveness as making it never happen. Forgiveness brings resolution, but it doesn't make the consequences of the sin go away.

Case in point: 16 year old has a child out of wedlock. She realizes she messed up, repents, asks for forgiveness and receives it as it is given to all. She may be forgiven but the responsibility/consequence for the sin is to have a very difficult life raises a child out of wedlock. Hopefully, she'll get married to a great guy and life will be great.

Newt may be forgiven, but IMO the consequence of the sin is to never hold a high position of trust, he has shown himself unreliable on vows of the utmost importance --- which indicates a character flaw. If an alcoholic quits drinking you don't send him back to the bar b/c he's been forgiven of beating his wife while drunk!

TheLasersShadow
01-21-2012, 09:31 PM
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Gandhi
These people in SC have a hatred of Obama so strong they just want to win at ANY COST. The rest that didn't vote for Ron are Neo-cons.

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Any "Christian" who states that there is only one way to deal with your enemies, and that is to "kill them", doesn't seem very Christian to me! Interesting how hypocritical and disgusting these people are considering Christ said to love your enemies.

are you saying you would have turned the other cheek on japan and not retaliated when they obliterated pearl harbor?

JJ2
01-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes. Very sad that a person who should probably be in prison got so much support.

Did you hear that Brooks and Dunn song "Only in America" playing at Newt's campaign HQ with the following lyrics? "One could end up going to prison. One just might be president." ;) And some might do both...

heavenlyboy34
01-21-2012, 09:38 PM
"My Kingdom is not of this world". -John 18:36 ;) :cool: I think Christianity can transcend fascism this time around as well.

Ironhide
01-21-2012, 09:38 PM
As I stated in another thread it is time these Evangelicals were put in their place. The best way to do that is simply not attend their churches and cut off the money. Being a Christian myself, it enrages me to see what these so called Evangelicals are doing to Christianity and our nation.

gte811i
01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=Gary4Liberty;4076046]are you saying you would have turned the other cheek on japan and not retaliated when they obliterated pearl harbor?[/Q

We shouldn't have been looking for a fight in the 1st place.

http://www.theamericancause.org/patwhydidjapan.htm

No oil embargo == no pearl harbor

Johnny Appleseed
01-21-2012, 09:46 PM
There are more real Christians living in China than the US

Miss Annie
01-21-2012, 09:55 PM
It's so much fear and ignorance. They are afraid of Obama, but they really don't know why. They don't know exactly what the issues are and what the solutions might be. They are guessing and falling for what "tickles the ears".
Ron Paul's solutions frighten the people. It seems like a case where they think the medicine is worse than the disease.

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Evangelical_Protestant
01-21-2012, 09:56 PM
are you saying you would have turned the other cheek on japan and not retaliated when they obliterated pearl harbor?

Nope. If someone attacks you and pursues you to the death, you are justified in killing them to defend yourself. But Iraq never attacked us, and only a small pocket in Afghanistan that was quickly destroyed. Why did we stay for so long? I know, because we are building an empire offensively. We are on the offensive, not defensive.

Comparing pearl Harbor and ww2 to today's conflict is apples and oranges. In ww2 we were the good guys, today we are the bad guys. Not the troops, but the politicians who sent them.

Turning the cheak in the passage you are referring to though, is referring to a slap. Which in the period wasn't meant to mean hard violence, but disrespect or arrogance . The context of that passage is trying to express humility with dignity. Make the arrogant ways of the slapper appear foolish by turning the other cheak to show him you are humble, and he is arrogant. Every person/nation can defend themselves, but aggression and killing Iran for not doing anything, or Iraq that never attacked us is wrong.

The nation is bloody thirsty dogs, and we will suffer for it. I know what these people are thinking because I used to be just like them, and ifs hard to come out of it.

ericthethe
01-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Let's keep religion out of this forum.

unknown
01-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Satan 1.
Jesus 0.

Carehn
01-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Christianity has been dealt blows by the world for centuries....

...mostly by people who claim Jesus' name.

Ya know. I think you may be right.

Johnny Appleseed
01-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Why do we even need a military if "In God We Trust"?

heavenlyboy34
01-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Let's keep religion out of this forum.
This is an appropriate forum for this particular topic IMO.

COpatriot
01-21-2012, 10:14 PM
I pretty much agree with Maher here on most "Christians":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAvDtPz33w0

Dary
01-21-2012, 11:18 PM
But really at the end of the day, politics are not the most important thing for Christians, it's about loving God and loving our neighbor as ourselves.

Aww, yes. The golden rule. The same golden rule that was booed in the debate.

How do we best criticize Christianity for failing to live up to its internal value system?

Show it the youtube video of the golden rule being booed?

Where are the so-called christian leaders in SC? I'd like to know their take on all of this. Have any of them said anything concerning their friends, families and neighbors (their community, their congregation) booing the golden rule?

jclay2
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
For those of you that have not seen this thread yet, please do yourself a favor:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354130-History-is-Repeating-Itself-Tonight

RickyJ
01-21-2012, 11:27 PM
No it hasn't. You forget most people don't even vote because they think the elections are a sham and that the winner is pre-determined. They very well could be right about that. Paul gets huge crowds wherever he goes while Gingrich cancels campaign events due to low turnout.

Lishy
01-21-2012, 11:29 PM
You know, I've realized something.

Know the show King of the Hill? Many Americans are like Hank Hill, realistically. That is not to insult them, but they probably work all day on a trade profession. By the time they come home, they are exhausted, so they relax with TV. Living a life of monotonous life of work cycles, and exhaustion, Sundays are a day of fun because Church allows them to break the molds of their usual life which isolates them from social interaction due to work, and although they aren't dedicated to the religion, they attend Church anyways because it allows them to get to interact with the community on a personal level! And then on Monday the cycle begins anew...

The point being they value their "Christian values" because it is key to their communities, and for politics they depend on networks like CNN. They see themselves as patriotic Americans, so they are positive to vote.

So you see, it's a very simple, yet complicated cycle. I wonder how we appeal?