PDA

View Full Version : Contrast the bragging of Hucksterbee and the humility of RP

max
11-11-2007, 10:52 AM
A stark contrast today on Face The Nation

'Pastor" Hucksterbee boasted about his surge in support (which is artificially media driven)...He quipped that his supporteres would go through 8 feet of snow or something?...LOL

But RP continues to downplay his own support and graciiuosly gives credit to "the message" and to us. RP knows we would literally take a bullet for him yet he would never say how much we love him....

a class act...

makes me want to clean up my own act and live a better life...

maybe stop cursing...stop smoking

RP acts like Jesus.....and to see Pat Robertson endorse a piece of shit like Giuliani is mind boggling....oops! I did it again

garrettwombat
11-11-2007, 10:54 AM
i would take a bullet for ron paul

Thomas Paine
11-11-2007, 10:56 AM
A cause worth dying for is a cause worth living for.

constituent
11-11-2007, 10:56 AM
ya know increasingly i'm picking up a sense of peril...

a small degree, but mounting nonetheless (i guess knowing the secret service has 'got his back' does little to help.)

wonder what a pope-mobile would run ya these days?

maybe we should ask huckster, i'm sure he's been pricing 'em.

bobmurph
11-11-2007, 10:57 AM

haha...that's what I'm talking about.

eight feet of snow...gimme a break

max
11-11-2007, 10:59 AM

a small degree, but mounting nonetheless (i guess knowing the secret service has 'got his back' does little to help.)

wonder what a pope-mobile would run ya these days?

the fact that a mob of fans was able to surround him, pat him on the back, and get autographs in philly yesterday concerns me

LinearChaos
11-11-2007, 10:59 AM

wonder what a pope-mobile would run ya these days?If anything happened to Paul, I imagine it would break the camel's back and there would be people exercising their 2nd amendment rights, doing what is mandated in the opening of the Declaration of Independence.

max
11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
If anything happened to Paul, I imagine it would break the camel's back and there would be people exercising their 2nd amendment rights.

damn straight...

mobs would go right to the homes of the media moguls and rockefellers

Ron Paul Fan
11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
the fact that a mob of fans was able to surround him, pat him on the back, and get autographs in philly yesterday concerns me

A mob of his protectors you mean! They wouldn't let anyone get to him! At least I wouldn't!

garrettwombat
11-11-2007, 11:01 AM
If anything happened to Paul, I imagine it would break the camel's back and there would be people exercising their 2nd amendment rights.

i think me and my mossberg agree with you

max
11-11-2007, 11:02 AM
A mob of his protectors you mean! They wouldn't let anyone get to him! At least I wouldn't!

how hard would it be for a "lone gunmen" to pose as a fan?

I think this thing has gotten to big for him to be walking about with nothing but a single park ranger and Lew Moore standing behind him

acstichter
11-11-2007, 11:04 AM
max,
I thought the exact same thing when watching them this morning. Humility is a powerful virtue. It boosts others up around you and inspires them to have the confidence and hope that they can also do important and meaningful things. How Huckabee talks and acts must wear on his staff and acquaintances. I feel Huckabee comes across much like Bill Clinton in that respect.

I won't even get into the way Giuliani acts. He's an evil man in my own opinion.

Humility, paired with accomplishment, sets the ultimate good example. Whether it be at work, church or with family.

speciallyblend
11-11-2007, 11:04 AM
ok wheres the you tube of this show,since here they decided to show denver countdown to gameday ugh sigh

YOU TUBE Video please ,put your mobb rule down hehe and make a video of the show:)

speciallyblend
11-11-2007, 11:06 AM
max,
I thought the exact same thing when watching them this morning. Humility is a powerful virtue. It boosts others up around you and inspires them to have the confidence and hope that they can also do important and meaningful things. How Huckabee talks and acts must wear on his staff and acquaintances. I feel Huckabee comes across much like Bill Clinton in that respect.

I won't even get into the way Giuliani acts. He's an evil man in my own opinion.

Humility, paired with accomplishment, sets the ultimate good example. Whether it be at work, church or with family.

you tube please,hmm maybe on another thread

Mark
11-11-2007, 11:24 AM
RP acts like Jesus.....

Oh goodness.. whatever you do..

don't mention Jesus and RP together..

People will call you insane and an idiot...

ButchHowdy
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
If Hucksterbee didn't play bass guitar, I would have ZERO respect for him!

literatim
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Ron Paul needs to start wearing a bullet proof vest.

shepburn
11-11-2007, 11:29 AM
maybe we should ask huckster, i'm sure he's been pricing 'em.

BWHAHAHAHAHA

classic

jb4ronpaul

Oh goodness.. whatever you do..

don't mention Jesus and RP together..

People will call you insane and an idiot...

In my opinion a Christian's goal is to imitate Jesus as much as possible in his daily life. In this respect Ron Paul does a better job than most people. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying that.

constituent

yea, but does he play the concert bass too?

BillyDkid
11-11-2007, 11:30 AM
i would take a bullet for ron paulWell, I would pretty much limit who I would take a bullet for to members of my family, but I can appreciate the sentiment.

werdd
11-11-2007, 11:31 AM

qft

rjl
Here's the full video of the Face the Nation Interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doavZBg3PJM

jesshwarren
Ron Paul is one guy I'd do any thing for. I know us RP supporters go deeper than any other. WE WILL STOP AT NOTHING.

If somthing where to happen to Ron Paul. I would hate to see the outcome.

Mark
11-11-2007, 11:36 AM
In my opinion a Christian's goal is to imitate Jesus as much as possible in his daily life. In this respect Ron Paul does a better job than most people. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying that.
'

oh.. I TOTALLY agree..

it's just... some people here DON'T..

I have 2 people on my "Ignore List" from last night because of it..

I got tired of being called insane and an idiot by them..

because I pray to Jesus The Christ for Dr Paul..

seapilot
11-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Most all politicians want to be in high office to have the power of the people. Ron Paul is the only one running that will give the power to the people. Why wouldnt anyone that knew that not support Ron Paul?

Chester Copperpot
11-11-2007, 11:42 AM

me too

Jodi's mom
11-11-2007, 11:44 AM
max,

Not to mention that disgusting smirk he always wears on his face. If I were his mother, I'd slap it off!

I will (get into the way he acts)! The only accomplishment he really had was managing the events after the attack on the Twin Towers. He reminds me of a has-been 45 year-old All-American high school football star who can find nothing else to talk about. People get weary of listening to braggarts. And that goes for the lying Huckabee, too.

Amen!!! That is a breath of fresh, clean, springtime air to anyone....you would think, but from the looks of idiots who continue to clammer their support for globalish war-mongers rhetoric, one has to wonder.

You can always tell an egotist. "I did this" and "I'll do that", and "me, me, me". (Guiliani, Clinton, Romney, anyone?)

RP4ME
11-11-2007, 11:46 AM

'Pastor" Hucksterbee boasted about his surge in support (which is artificially media driven)...He quipped that his supporteres would go through 8 feet of snow or something?...LOL

But RP continues to downplay his own support and graciiuosly gives credit to "the message" and to us. RP knows we would literally take a bullet for him yet he would never say how much we love him....

a class act...

RP acts like Jesus.....and to see Pat Robertson endorse a piece of shit like Giuliani is mind boggling....oops! I did it again

I forgive you! :D

McLane2007
11-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Hucksterbee has raised about 2 million total and he wasn't asked if he seriously thought he had a chance to win.

And for a man who brought up “honor” in one of the debates about bring troops home he doesn’t even have enough “honor” to say he wouldn’t run as VP for a man that supports abortions something he is so strongly against.

Paul4Prez
11-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Here's the full video of the Face the Nation Interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doavZBg3PJM

I liked the way he turned around the anti-this, anti-that question into his being pro-freedom and pro-Constitution. I wish he had reassured the elderly people watching at 7:30 AM on a Sunday that he's not going to abolish Medicare overnight, though.

The interviewer actually asked him if he thought we needed the military at all. He had a great answer to that one too -- we were defending South Korea better on 9/11 than we were defending New York and Washington.

Jodi's mom
11-11-2007, 12:20 PM

a class act...

RP acts like Jesus.....and to see Pat Robertson endorse a piece of shit like Giuliani is mind boggling....oops! I did it again LOL!!!!

I agree, Max! Not only does the "Pastor" brag, he also lies. Read what Chuck Baldwin has to say about the Huckster:

Christians Need To Beware Of Mike Huckabee
by Chuck Baldwin
November 2, 2007

With Christian conservatives trying to scramble to find a Republican presidential candidate they can support, some of them seem to be coalescing around former Arkansas governor, Mike Huckabee. Janet Folger, especially, seems to be trumpeting his candidacy. But is Mike Huckabee someone Christian conservatives should be supporting? Not everyone thinks so.

Randy Minton, chairman of the Arkansas chapter of Phyllis Schlafly's national Eagle Forum, said, "We called him a pro-life, pro-gun liberal, when I was in the state legislature and he was governor." Phyllis Schlafly herself was even more direct.

President and Founder of Eagle Forum, Phyllis Schlafly, said this about Governor Huckabee: "He destroyed the conservative movement in Arkansas, and left the Republican Party a shambles." She went on to say, "Yet some of the same evangelicals who sold us on George W. Bush as a 'compassionate conservative' are now trying to sell us on Mike Huckabee."

Even one of Huckabee's strongest supporters within the Religious Right, Pastor Rick Scarborough, head of Vision America, admitted, "Mike has always sought the validation of elites." Of course, my question for Rick Scarborough is, With an indictment such as that, how can you continue to support Mike Huckabee?

According to an opinion piece written by John Fund in the Wall Street Journal, "Paul Pressler, a former Texas judge who led the conservative Southern Baptist revolt, told me, 'I know of no conservative he [Huckabee] appointed while he headed the Arkansas Baptist Convention.'"

Fund went on to say that "Mr. Huckabee's reluctance to surround himself with conservatives was evident as governor, when he kept many agency heads appointed by Bill Clinton."

Fund also said this about Huckabee: "'He's just like Bill Clinton in that he practices management by news cycle,' a former top Huckabee aide told me. 'As with Clinton there was no long-term planning, just putting out fires on a daily basis. One thing I'll guarantee is that won't lead to competent conservative governance.'"

Mike Huckabee is also terrible on immigration. According to Jim Boulet, Jr., executive director of English First, "Rudy Giuliani spent years defending the right of New York City to remain a sanctuary for illegal aliens. Yet Giuliani was a veritable Lou Dobbs Jr. on illegal immigration in comparison to Mike Huckabee."

Regarding Huckabee's stance on immigration, Mr. Minton said, "Until of late, he has been an open-borders guy on immigration--amnesty, the whole works. As governor, he wanted to give free college scholarships to all illegals."

Minton's assertion is backed up by Daniel Larison at The American Conservative. He said, "Like his fellow presidential candidate [who recently dropped out of the race], Sen. Sam Brownback, Huckabee regards it as his Christian duty to help subvert and liberalize U.S. immigration laws. Together, they embrace the notion that fidelity to the Gospel requires privileging the interests of non-citizens over those of fellow citizens."

Ann Coulter agrees: "On illegal immigration, Huckabee makes George Bush sound like Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO). Huckabee has compared illegal aliens to slaves brought here in chains from Africa, saying, 'I think, frankly, the Lord is giving us a second chance to do better than we did before.'

"Toward that end, when an Arkansas legislator introduced a bill that would prevent illegal aliens from voting and receiving state benefits, Huckabee denounced the bill, saying it would rile up 'those who are racist and bigots.'

"He also made the insane point that companies such as Toyota would not invest in Arkansas if the state didn't allow non-citizens to vote, because it would 'send the message that, essentially, "If you don't look like us, talk like us and speak like us, we don't want you."'

"Like all the (other) Democratic candidates for President, he supports a federal law to ban smoking--unless you're an illegal alien smoking at a Toyota plant."

A former state lawmaker, Minton also said, that Huckabee was not a "fiscally conservative Republican." Rather, Huckabee was regarded as just another liberal "tax and spender" in fiscal matters. This is in direct opposition to Huckabee's boast of "90 tax cuts during his tenure." And the facts seem to validate Minton, not Huckabee.

An Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration report showed a "net tax increase of $505 million, a figure adjusted for inflation and economic growth" on Huckabee's watch.

That Huckabee is a liberal "tax and spender" is also affirmed by Tom Roeser. According to Roeser, "[Huckabee] hiked state spending 65.3%, from 1996 to 2004. He supported five tax increases, leading the 'Club for Growth' to call him a liberal in disguise . . ."

Roeser also points out that "The Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank with heavy ties to the national GOP, gives him an F grade for spending and taxes in 2006 and an overall grade of D in his governorship. During his tenure, the number of state employees increased over 20% and Arkansas' general obligation debt rose by almost $1 billion."

Furthermore, according to the Washington Times, "Until recently, he [Huckabee] had refused to sign the famous no-tax pledge offered to candidates by Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform."

In spite of Huckabee's proven big-government, big-spending, and pro-amnesty record, however, some Christian conservatives are falling for his conservative rhetoric. It seems that all a Republican candidate has to do is start talking "pro-life" and "pro-marriage" and he or she will gain the support of certain Christian conservatives.

First it was Bob Jones, III endorsing the liberal former governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney, and now it is Janet Folger endorsing the liberal former governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee. Why any Christian leader would want to support a man with such a dubious record truly escapes me.

Christians need to beware of Mike Huckabee. He is not a conservative. Even worse, he is not a constitutionalist. He is an opportunist, however. This is demonstrated by the fact that many of his supporters are openly posturing (with Huckabee's consent, obviously) for an opportunity to run Huckabee as a potential Vice Presidential candidate with either Giuliani or Romney at the top of the ticket.

Let me ask the reader something. How could a principled pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, pro-Constitution conservative be willing to run on a ticket with a liberal presidential candidate such as Rudy Giuliani or Mitt Romney? That's right, he couldn't.

I say again, beware of Mike Huckabee!" Source (http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2007/cbarchive_20071102.html)

Sorry for the length of the article. I had planned to "snip" some of it, but ALL of it is so good that I just couldn't snip any of it out.

Fox McCloud
11-11-2007, 12:46 PM

a class act...

this is the difference between how Christians who read the Bible and are lead by the spirit and seek the Lord's guidance....as opposed to those who just sit in the pew and accept whatever their preacher tells them (worse yet, they don't even go as far as to even check that what the "pastor" is quoting is even in scripture). Also Christians have adopted the mentality that it's pastors who much interpret the scripture for them...which is so not funny....we as people are incapable of interpreting the scripture; it is only the holy spirit who can give us understanding.

I can understand someone being a Christian and possibly supporting the war (however, if they're presented with the truth and they still support it....) out of ignorance....but on other issues the Constitution is the only way to go.

Lord Xar
11-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Does anybody else here get the impression that Cuckabee is trying to "steal" the grassroots support movement?? I mean, there are like a couple hundred sign ups on the huckster forums, half are Ron Paul supporters -- and I have NEVER seen any grassroots of anything from hucksters yet he seems and his supporters are making references about 'taking the grassroots movement forward" etc....

Buzz
11-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Does anybody else here get the impression that Cuckabee is trying to "steal" the grassroots support movement?? I mean, there are like a couple hundred sign ups on the huckster forums, half are Ron Paul supporters -- and I have NEVER seen any grassroots of anything from hucksters yet he seems and his supporters are making references about 'taking the grassroots movement forward" etc....

He's a neo-con. He simply says what he thinks will bring him the most leverage and power. Whether or not there's any truth to what's coming out of his mouth is a complete non-issue to him.