PDA

View Full Version : Don't give up, this is not the end

Ethan
01-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Though my registration date may not show it, I was a Ron Paul supporter in 2008 as well.

There was a moment like this one too, a day when our revolution came face to face with the reality that not everyone thinks as we do. Many people despaired and gave up. I myself suspected that an opportunity like the one we had worked so hard for would not come again in my life time. I never imagined that four years later we would be back even stronger, even closer to changing the world, and yet here we are.

I say this not to tell you, well try again in four years, but to tell you that after the happiness, excitement, and optimism that compels us to believe beyond all reason that we're about to win, the depression that follows is also misleadingly bleak.

This campaign is not over, there is still a real chance for us to win, and even though we did not win today, our efforts both today and tomorrow will make a difference for our future. One day we will win.

Freedom is an idea whose time has come, and you cannot kill an idea.

gb13
01-21-2012, 08:16 PM
+rep. Great post.

satchelmcqueen
01-21-2012, 08:21 PM
keep fighting! this was the medias fault tonight. they created the push for santoum and grinch. ron cant control that. keep fighting!!!

Jeffster
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Well said, Ethan. There's a long way to go. Keep up the fight. :)

Cortes
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
The truth is that the media is not as all-powerful as some here fatalistically seem to think. They pumped Hunstman like he was the Messiah. Yet they failed. While RP can't control how he is covered, he has full control of presenting his message through the grassroots and the base of support has exploded due to his platform.

The media is just an obstacle that can easily be outmaneuvered. Look at SOPA and PIPA. Sheeple persist because the effective decentralized ground game of RP's message has yet to resonate on foreign policy. This is where the campaign has full control over crafting a powerful media message.

You do realize that the vast majority of new RP votes didn't come because of positive media coverage. Every gain made has been from Paul's powerful statements and arguments. In spite of the media jihad against all RP stands for since he first entered the national spotlight. Every improvement and new voter came from listening to him, not what the media says about him.

Positive change will never come from the top-down. It's always been decentralized. Which is why myself and so many people here stress the need for a strong foreign policy ad. The campaign needs to step up its game because they have all the ammo required to break through on this. It is the last piece of the puzzle for the GOP and Blue Dog Dem voters as well as indies. They know in their hearts his economic policy is airtight. All that remains is to successfully prove he is for a strong and free nation. If RP cannot do it, then Rand or the new generation of conservative statesmen for liberty will.

Endthefednow
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBFhdeR9PE

or is it?

Windsurfer_For_Paul
01-21-2012, 08:41 PM
"Never, never, never give up!"
~ Winston Churchill

TheTexan
01-21-2012, 08:42 PM
There's still a slight outside chance of winning. It would be a miracle though.

Maybe we should try for a Tebow endorsement... help our odds of a miracle :)

Though on second thought, I'm pretty sure Tebow is flat out of miracle juice.