PDA

View Full Version : Donation days aside, what else BIG can we do?

plb
11-11-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm referring to a one day event that won't break everyones wallets :) Perhaps a march or a day where everyone goes out and hands out fliers whatever. Something big that would demonstrate RP as a force to be reckoned with...Thoughts?

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't know where you are located, but if there is a gun show in your area, arrange for a table and hand out the new 2nd amendment Slim Jims. Gun owners are low hanging fruit.

That, or grab some of your other Meetup colleagues and do your part to make sure everyone in your city has been handed a Slim Jim.

I know you were thinking about a big group something. Maybe a weekend where all of us who physically can, agree to physically put a Slim Jim in the hands of at least 100 people each of the 2 days. If we do this, we should also have a stack of voter registration forms with us, that we can also provide them if needed.

VRP08
11-11-2007, 11:20 AM
I wish we ALL in all states would arrange a day, where we ALL go OUTSIDE to hold signs and yell for RP. Imagine if everybody did this on the same day in all the states at the same time. I think that would get some nice attention. And I'd be the first outside!

What if maybe all the meet up groups arranged this or something. It is all up to us to get this done.

jgmaynard
11-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I just made a suggestion (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=35417) a few minutes ago on the 12/15 goals thread in grassroots 12/15-16. :D

JM

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I wish we ALL in all states would arrange a day, where we ALL go OUTSIDE to hold signs and yell for RP. Imagine if everybody did this on the same day in all the states at the same time. I think that would get some nice attention. And I'd be the first outside!

What if maybe all the meet up groups arranged this or something. It is all up to us to get this done.

YELLING isn't going to get people to vote for him. We need to get the information on his stances out there. Not to mention the fact that many of us need to get very active in our local and state GOPs, becoming delegates and precinct captains. We will not win the Republican nomination from the outside, but from the inside.

Libertarian
11-11-2007, 11:24 AM
I strive to make EVERY day a big day. I drop off a few Slim Jims (http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Categories?category=Slim+Jims) wherever I go, and strike up a political conversation with at least one random person each day to spread the good word. Paul's ideas are a huge breath of fresh air compared to the other candidates...and people are happy to hear them. Don't be shy folks. ;)

work2win
11-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Get out there and post some Ron Paul signs!

jgmaynard
11-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I fully admit this is a double post: :)

What sort of goals should we be looking to acheive 12/15 for our Bill of Rights Volunteer Day?

I thought about it and came up with these, let me know what you all think:

RALLY IN ALL 50 STATES
Rallys can be indoors or out, in warm weather or cold. Get 50 or more people to attend and hold a rally for Dr. Paul on December 15th!
Goal: To have a nationwide rally at the same time in all 50 states!

SIGN WAVES IN ALL 50 STATES
Don't have quite enough people in your area for a rally? Hold a sign wave! Wave your signs proudly in public areas on December 15th to help elect Ron Paul!
Goal: To have a sign waves on 12/15 in all 50 states!

DOOR-TO-DOOR CANVASSING
Go door-to-door in your neighborhood and pass out slim jims and other promotional material to your neighbors! What better way to celebrate Bill of Rights Day?
Goal: 1,000 canvassers hitting 100,000 homes in all 50 states.

"HANG TEN" SIGNS (Truckin' Mike's original idea)
Put up at least ten Ron Paul signs (legally) in public areas and increase name recognition for Dr. Paul!
Goal: 100,000 new signs up in one day in every state.

PHONE-10-FRIENDS
Call 10 friends or family members who may not know about Ron Paul and tell them about his candidacy, and let them know about the December 16th Boston Tea Party Fundraising event.
Goal: 10,000 people pledging 100,000 phone calls throughout the country.

LETTER TO THE EDITOR FORTNIGHT
Pledge to write a letter to the editor to a local paper in the next two weeks (by Decemeber 29th), supporting Ron Paul for President. They will only print a couple a day, but a couple pro-Paul letters a day for two weeks will help spread the word!
Goal: 10,000 Letters to the Editor in all 50 states

JM

VRP08
11-11-2007, 11:42 AM
YELLING isn't going to get people to vote for him. We need to get the information on his stances out there. Not to mention the fact that many of us need to get very active in our local and state GOPs, becoming delegates and precinct captains. We will not win the Republican nomination from the outside, but from the inside.

I didn't mean yelling as actual "yellin" lol...sorry, i'm from Germany and sometimes can't fing the right words

seapilot
11-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I am writing a letter to the editor here. They only allow 1 per person per month(keep nitpickers from taking over). I am going to suggest to our meet up group that everyone sends in a letter , we have 80 here so that would be 80 times people could read a letter from the editor about Ron Paul. Free advertisment in the paper folks! If we all did this over the next 2 months this will have an impact. This would also reach the population that doesnt get thier news from the internet, interested in local opinions etc, and make a statement that their are actual people in the community that support Dr. Paul. This would have 50 times more impact than replying to poor informed jounalists blogs on the internet. We should have a day that we all write and submit a letter to a local newspaper, that way we wont forget about it...like the sign day and donation day.

hopeforamerica
11-11-2007, 12:24 PM
It would be huge, if everyone went out and worked towards being a Delegate. The number one priority if we really want to win this thing.

newmedia4ron
11-11-2007, 12:29 PM
All-America Walk for Ron Paul’s Freedom Message on November 17th
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=64&day=2007-11-17&c=1
http://ronpaulfreedommessage.com/allamericawalk.html
promote please!

Beerhall Agitator
11-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Create easy to understand, visual presentations explaining the process of becomming a delegate in each state

me3
11-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Please, please make sure you are participating in the delegate process. It is as important as making noise.

constituent
11-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Hand out free tea, hot chocolate *and campaign literature* in you local park on December 16, 2007.

Protest the Fed on December 23, 2007 (hand out lit.)

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I didn't mean yelling as actual "yellin" lol...sorry, i'm from Germany and sometimes can't fing the right words

:) You're alright. I think I knew what you meant. We seem to be really great at chanting, "Ron Paul, Ron Paul", but not quite as good at doing the more monotonous work of handing out Slim Jims and other campaign literature.

It's just my opinion that we badly need to get more out there about his positions. That's all.

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 12:53 PM
We need to have a contest where we reach out for new supporters.

Cindy
11-11-2007, 12:57 PM
MASSIVE sign wavings and literature hand outs at every mall on Nov. 23, the Biggest shopping day of the year.

The malls will be PACKED the day after Thanksgiving. It is the perfect time and place to do sign wavings to get the most exposure bang for our time.

Primbs
11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Go to your local county Republican Party monthly meeting. There are massive amounts of older Republican activists who do not know who Ron Paul is.

I went to Republican victory party and most people know very little about Ron Paul.

These are activists who walk precincts, vote and donate.

We are not going to enough traditional republican meetings.

There are a large number of Republican women's clubs. They vote, donate and volunteer. Many have monthly lunches.