PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Post bans Ron Paul articles (unless he's assassinated)

theknightshift
11-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Whoa. Never thought this would happen. I used to be active on Liberty Post a long time ago (I left because I didn't like what the "political discussion forums" were turning me into... which does beg the question of why I am here :p). It was the sort of forum that Free Republic used to be before it went bad. Although it's been awhile since I posted there, I still went to Liberty Post once or twice a day to see if there was any news that I might have missed elsewhere.

This morning I found out that the site's owner has banned any more articles about Ron Paul from being posted (http://libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=206532).

Here's the sole exception to Goldi-Lox's decree...

(ONE EXCEPTION: IF HE GETS ASSASSINATED OR SOMETHING SIMILAR AND IS 24/7 ON ALL NEWS CHANNELS. [Probability is less than zero on that.])

So now Liberty Post has joined RedState, Free Republic, Hannity's website (which I've only visited twice in my entire lifetime) and a few others in banning Ron Paul from the premises.

Question: what is it about this simple man, and his message of restoring the Constitution, that has so many people so terribly afraid?

UCFGavin
11-11-2007, 10:43 AM
because if RP is talked about, they can't push their agendas?

Zydeco
11-11-2007, 10:45 AM
he shames them.

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 10:46 AM
He's catchin' on! :D

Attention all Supporters - Time to take it to the streets! We have conquered the Internet!!!

werdd
11-11-2007, 10:46 AM
they are definately fighting us, just one more step.

fxmercenary
11-11-2007, 10:47 AM
it simple, banning discussion on topics like this do nothing more than prove that everything they stand for is a lie. It squelches free speech. Personally i dont even look upon them as Americans. Their ideas are so two faced its disgusting.

Wyurm
11-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Who? I'm sorry but I've never heard of them before. My recommendation, just let them die. I looked at the Alexa ratings for Redstate and when they banned RP, their ratings fell off a cliff. If they don't want to be a part of the revolution, #$%^ em.

NewEnd
11-11-2007, 10:51 AM
If you are pro life, go in there and rip on Rudy and Romney like never before

if you are pro-choice, go in there and praise rudy and romney, like never before

if you are anti-gun, go in there and praise rudy and romney like never before

if you are pro-gun , go in there and slam rudy and romney like never before

divide and conquer

constituent
11-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Ron Paul wins again!!!!!

parke
11-11-2007, 10:55 AM
he's catchin on...

LinearChaos
11-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Divide and Conquer is the name of the political game.

I guess this guy didn't see what happened to RedState's Alexa rating after Oct. 22.

All they are doing is making themselves irrelevant. The rEVOLution is taking over the Party, like J. Raimondo has stated in the past, things are changing through a fusion of Libertarianism and the Old Right.

spiteface
11-11-2007, 10:58 AM

if you are pro-choice, go in there and praise rudy and romney, like never before

divide and conquer

if you a pro-big spending nanny government come take care of me social program lover go in there and praise huck like never before

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 10:59 AM
A few months ago, we had a lot of GARBAGE posts on the right sidebar. They were all FRIVOLOUS stories about Ron Paul.

Up until today I liked him.

But his supporters have come here to spam LP, and now I DON'T like HIM or THEM.

I was reasonable in the past and asked that articles be posted here that were NEWSWORTHY ABOUT HIM, WITH A LIMIT OF 2 A DAY.

Just this evening, there were 13 posted. THIRTEEN!!! And not ONE of them had anything newsworthy to report.

All of them were of the variety: "Alert, Ron Paul just scratched his crotch!!" Or "Ron Paul stepped in dogs**t".

The supporters of Ron Paul have PROVEN that they cannot control themselves. "Reasonable" is not a word in their vocabulary.

So, due to their IRRESPONSIBLE and IRRATIONAL behavior, their SPAMMING of Liberty Post...I have made a decision:

FROM THE TIME THIS IS POSTED...NO RON PAUL ARTICLES ARE TO BE POSTED HERE AT ALL. EVER.

ONE EXCEPTION: IF HE GETS ASSASSINATED OR SOMETHING SIMILAR AND IS 24/7 ON ALL NEWS CHANNELS. [Probability is less than zero on that.])

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++

Paulites: You did it to yourself. Not me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++

Our bandwidth has gone from $240 to $365 for the past two months, and it has depleted our funds to negative zero. Which means I have to pony it up....and will need to run a fundraiser SOONER because of it.

http://libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=206532

Apparently, some were doing the same thing over there, that they were doing over on DIGG.

Spamming tends to tick people off. BLOWBACK!

Thomas Paine
11-11-2007, 11:01 AM
It's quite clear from their pathetic efforts at censorship that Redstate a/k/a Erick Erickson, Sean Hannity, and other neocon hijackers of the GOP are going down the same path as the communist rulers of the Soviet Union. However, the more they try to hide the truth from the people, the more the people will find out about the truth via alternative means.

Jimmy
11-11-2007, 11:01 AM

divide and conquer

Good plan!! Everyone is confused like never before... the party has left them.

freelance
11-11-2007, 11:03 AM
How interesting that they include the word "Liberty" in their name. I suppose that definition is changing just like privacy:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=35355

NewEnd
11-11-2007, 11:03 AM
if you a pro-big spending nanny government come take care of me social program lover go in there and praise huck like never before

Defend their positions vigorously. I wasn't being facetious. split them up... make them argue with eachother... they are all frustrated anyways. No need to mention Ron Paul anymore, just stir up the pot, and make them hate eachother!

NewEnd
11-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I remember the Liberty Post.... way back in May.

He lies... HE NEVER LIKED RON PAUL

There was a nasty hit piece... I remember the name because it was so early.

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 11:06 AM
STOP IT! READ what the guy says over on The Liberty Post. Think about it.

If we were doing the same thing we have been doing on Digg, I for one, don't blame the guy. If we want to do something for Ron Paul on the web, then discuss ideas with people. Stop cramming Ron Paul articles and chants, down other people's throats! How would we like it? Wouldn't it make you mad? OUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES FOR OUR CANDIDATE!

Bryan
11-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I guess this guy didn't see what happened to RedState's Alexa rating after Oct. 22.

Actually it seems that part of his issue is that he has received too much traffic recently ("Our bandwidth has gone from $240 to $365 for the past two months").

On a side note- Josh and I were talking about banning all posts here about Ron Paul too-- it's just too much!! :D Just kidding of course. :)

Taco John
11-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Why would anybody want to post at a place called "libery post" if you can't talk about the most exciting thing happening in liberty there?

Edward
11-11-2007, 11:10 AM
He's catchin' on!

he's catchin on...

I'm tellin ya!

NewEnd
11-11-2007, 11:12 AM

If we were doing the same thing we have been doing on Digg, I for one, don't blame the guy. If we want to do something for Ron Paul on the web, then discuss ideas with people. Stop cramming Ron Paul articles and chants, down other people's throats! How would we like it? Wouldn't it make you mad? OUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES FOR OUR CANDIDATE!

thats fine and all... but... He never liked Ron Paul. So the part about him saying "i like him, until now" is a pure lie. Typical flamebait tripe.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-11-2007, 05:55 PM
be sure to [[ Admin - remove forum attack ]]

fuck their bandwidth cost allll up.

punk asses.

Corydoras
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
be sure to go there and refresh every few minutes for a few days.

Unethical. Don't do that. WWRPD.

mconder
11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I also used to participate in this forum when it was first started. It was originally created to as an alternative after Free Republic started mass banning. Just saw this on liberty post:

So, just to be clear....

NO MORE ARTICLES ABOUT RON PAUL ARE PERMITED ON THIS WEBSITE. VIOLATORS WILL BE BANNED.

NOT EVEN ONE

NOT EVEN TWO

ZERO!!!

Sad

Jobarra
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Agreed about the DIGG problem. I've started burying Ron Paul DIGG stories that are all copies of another story. I DIGG the original story. There are some annoying supporters out there that can't follow simple protocol on DIGG. It's getting fairly annoying to see 5 links to the same youtube video and then seeing 30 links to BLOG posts linking to the youtube video. Post the story once. Look to see if the story has been posted before(DIGG even has something that alerts you to this fact). If it's been posted, don't post it again.

I want to say the same thing about this forum. I've seen probably about 6 different posts about the same video saying "This video is great!" Seriously, just scroll through the last three pages and see if it's already been posted.

Proemio
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM

The word "Liberty" in Liberty Post has nothing at all to do with liberty for the average human animal; the place is and always was a fly-trap. Ron Paul is their worst nightmare. His presidency will screw up the free lunch - hence the subliminal wish for assassination. I'm confident that DHS will specifically NOT look into it.

Has nothing whatsoever to do with what you are complaining about.

Und that is just the unpleasant and un-PC way some things are...

Goldwater Conservative
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
But his supporters have come here to spam LP, and now I DON'T like HIM or THEM.

:rolleyes: A lot of sensitive kids on this here interwebs.

Adamsa
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
How can they call themselves Liberty Post?

nullvalu
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Screw it.. Come create a blog and post at LibertyHQ (http://LibertyHQ.com) ..

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
This means we are WINNING!

We should be HAPPY because if we were not having an impact they would not ban us.

me3
11-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I think a lot of people confuse personal liberty with respect for private property.

Surely there were signs before the banning. Hopefully overzealous supporters did not contribute to this.

kylejack
11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Ron Paul inspires fear in the heart of webmasters.

klamath
11-11-2007, 07:36 PM

I am thinking about it. I agree with you normally on toning down some of the hyper kids but the part about assassination of Ron Paul who never did anything to them makes me want to take up arms. That was a veiled call for some nutjob to do just that. :mad:

curtisag
11-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Read this if you want to understand why free speech and Ron Paul are so threatening to the establishment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservative_-_Paleoconservative_Conflict

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I saw we all make an extra donation to the campaign and send an email to Liberty Post stating their banning of Ron Paul articles inspired it.

Lord Xar
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
hmmm.. how do I ask this without sounding wrong... but is that a zionist sorta site? The reason I ask is that many who want our 'war' and are very very 'into' it are usually those who feel that Israel MUST HAVE OUR HELP and we MUST POLICE THE WORLD against the dire muslims.

So, is it?

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM
hmmm.. how do I ask this without sounding wrong... but is that a zionist sorta site? The reason I ask is that many who want our 'war' and are very very 'into' it are usually those who feel that Israel MUST HAVE OUR HELP and we MUST POLICE THE WORLD against the dire muslims.

So, is it?

Quite a few of the neo-con sites are zionist.

angelatc
11-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Actually it seems that part of his issue is that he has received too much traffic recently ("Our bandwidth has gone from $240 to $365 for the past two months").

)

That's the way I read that! I thought the ultimate goal of those type websites was to increase traffic.

Visual
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM

divide and conquer

That's the great thing about flip-floppers... you can get them 2 times over.

Proemio
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM

So, is it?

LP is a fly-trap. Gathering info on well-intended people and their possible ideas, while keeping them busy with circular arguments. The answer is yes, while pretending to be something else, of course. There are quite a number of them around, but it doesn't matter, except to the obsessed makers of lists. That keeps them busy.
The hubris of the oblique assassination threat should say it all.

It's a sad state when you have to worry about sounding wrong for asking a simple, legitimate question. BTW, the Spanish Constitutional Court just struck down their 'hate laws', saying that such laws amount to medieaval, inquisitional practices. Makes me wonder if that wind of liberty is more infectuous that most think...

freelance
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
(ONE EXCEPTION: IF HE GETS ASSASSINATED OR SOMETHING SIMILAR AND IS 24/7 ON ALL NEWS CHANNELS. [Probability is less than zero on that.])

I'm just wondering if this written by one of those people who demands civility from US?

Dequeant
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM

divide and conquer

I like it. We don't have to so much as mention Ron Paul. All we have to do is praise the other candidates weaknesses.

robatsu
11-11-2007, 09:03 PM
This kind of stuff only helps us. We should be happy (http://robatsu.blogspot.com/2007/10/many-headed-ron-paul-hydra.html) when it happens.

libertytalklive
11-11-2007, 09:07 PM

divide and conquer

I'm afraid that strategy has worked for the Democrats and the Republicans for far too long. If you're on a Romney forum, youve made up your mind, either way.

This revolution will be of love and peace, not divide and conquer

dwdollar
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I doubt the excessive posts piss anyone off except the hardcore neocons and liberals. (And they'd still be pissed with one post of Ron Paul.) The excessive posts just give them an opportunity to claim spam and an excuse to ban free speech. It hurts them more than us.

cmc
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
ONE EXCEPTION: IF HE GETS ASSASSINATED OR SOMETHING SIMILAR AND IS 24/7 ON ALL NEWS CHANNELS.
E.g. He wins the nomination...

Indy Vidual
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
How can they call themselves Liberty Post?

The same way Bush says we are "spreading Democracy."
Neo-con BS.

hard@work
11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Liberty Post is offered for use as the modern day electronic "town crier" or "broadside." As such, all political news and discussion, as well as current events, news of the day, scientific, medical and technical advances are welcome for discussion. We do not limit discussion to any specific political point of view, since truth can only exist where there is freedom to discuss those issues. There is no censorship of political ideas here.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh kayyyy...

They could have easily sent out warnings and banned users. It's either because they are:

a. Incompetent
b. Lazy
c. Hybrid of Incompetent and Lazy
d. Against the new Goldwater style Republican movement and terrified
e. All of the above

Yet another website decides to fade farther into irrelevancy.