PDA

View Full Version : Remain calm, we have a long-term campaign strategy

Bruno
01-21-2012, 06:52 PM
The campaign has a long term strategy. Santorum will be out soon enough. We are in it for the long haul. We will pick up delegates. Gingrich and Santorum haven't qualified to be on the ballot of many states, and proportional delegate allocation helps us.

Keep the spirits up and the donations coming!

MJU1983
01-21-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm not gonna let South Carolina get me down. I wrote those assholes off after they booed the Golden Rule. :cool:

mosquitobite
01-21-2012, 06:54 PM
I can't believe people here still aren't aware that the GOP changed the rules to make the primaries drag out longer.

That works in our favor people!!

Back In Black
01-21-2012, 06:55 PM
The long term strategy should be to get his shit together on explaining his foreign policy.

MJU1983
01-21-2012, 06:56 PM
The long term strategy should be to get his shit together on explaining his foreign policy.

m'eh

Windsurfer_For_Paul
01-21-2012, 06:57 PM
We cant give up IF we loose only one battle. The REVOLUTION CONTINUES!

Sean
01-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Let's hope the strategy forward is better than the one the campaign had for SC. The strategy for SC was piss poor.

Hospitaller
01-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Let's hope the strategy forward is better than the one the campaign had for SC. The strategy for SC was piss poor.

The campaign was never active in SC
Only TV was present and Ron Paul was there for 6 of the 11 days
The campaign never planned on spending too many resources on SC similiar to Florida.

Remember, we got 3.62% in SC in 2008

tbone717
01-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I can't believe people here still aren't aware that the GOP changed the rules to make the primaries drag out longer.

That works in our favor people!!

This.

People have a 2008 mentality. This was set up to be a long race, way before any of these guys announced their candidacy. The reason was the primaries were so front loaded, that most of the states really did not have a say in choosing the nominee. The way it is set up now, more than half of the contests will vote before it is even mathematically possible for someone to win the nomination.

This works to our favor as it allows the campaign to conserve money, time and energy and focus on the next phase of the campaign which is the four caucus states in early February. We never got any traction in SC, which is why we did not spend much money there, and never really had a focused PFH effort there either. FL is a waste of time and money as they have few delegates up for grabs in a winner take all primary in a very expensive state.

VictorB
01-21-2012, 07:00 PM
We do have to put it into perspective. It's only the 3rd state. Long ways to go. We can do this.

seapilot
Paul for the long haul.

sailingaway
The campaign never planned on spending too many resources on SC similiar to Florida.

this. when Ron got a bump after New Hampshire it surprised them, but we didn't even have phone from home working in SC, it went from NH to Nev, remember?

MsDoodahs
01-21-2012, 07:01 PM

The campaign never expected to compete in SC - everything we are gaining there is because of grassroots efforts.

everlasticity
01-21-2012, 07:03 PM
The real fight will be at the convention. This is a circus. They are just trying to get us to lose our cool so they can report that we are radical.

Oddone
01-21-2012, 07:03 PM
We knew MONTHS ago that SC and FL would be bad for us. We will shine in the upcoming states, NV etc.

The Gold Standard
01-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Ron had better win Nevada. I am not interested in taking a few hundred delegates to the convention and Ron giving a speech and Mitt or Newt can stand up there and lie about sound money and debt reduction. If we don't get Nevada it is time to get out and run on the Libertarian ticket.

torchbearer
louisiana has 46 delegates for ron paul. almost more than the first 3 states combined.

tennman
Oh geez. We don't have time to "remain calm." I'm a freaking marketing black belt. I've consulted with Universal Studios and a bunch of other corporations and I will freaking say this right now. If the campaign doesn't get on top of the following two things RIGHT NOW Paul will get embarassed even if it's down to two people.

1. Electability. PLEASE make ads with the CNN polls showing Paul ties with Obama unlike the others (except Romney). How this hasn't happened yet is beyond me.
2. Foreign policy. You've got to pound away that it's not that Paul is weak on this but that he wants to protect our borders and our currency and make us safer by not stirring up hornet's nests. And that we're currerntly funding our enemies and Israel's enemies and Ron Paul would stop it.

Address that. Get ads on that or hang it up. That's all there is to it. It is so freaking frustrating watching one of my heros have a mismanaged campaign and I just don't get how these obvious things haven't been seen and jumped on.

garyallen59
01-21-2012, 07:05 PM
47>3. That is all. :)

vita3
01-21-2012, 07:06 PM
3 down 47 to go.

Shock the world after Florida.

SaulPaulinsky
01-21-2012, 07:08 PM
tennman: Can we use your black belt marketing expertise then to help devise strategy on how to get our key demo -- young voters -- to go to the polls in greater numbers?

My feeling is that ads are pointless. You're running them on TV, and what else is on TV...negative story after mispresentation after outright lie about Paul and the campaign, or they just ignore him like he's not a player.

We have to work on the ground, underground. Get our people out in the greatest numbers anyone has ever seen.

So, marketing black belt...help us.

01-21-2012, 07:09 PM
The odds and the numbers favor Ron leaving the GOP and starting a national 3rd party campaign right now. Oh well educational campaign 2.0

torchbearer
South Carolina a pretty dumb state, !

think about this-
it was supposedly a military state. yet the top two vote getters are draft dodgers.

Oddone
SC = Neo-Con Central. We knew this comeing in guys. FL won't be any better. The campaign also knew this, thats why they got ahead of the other campaigns and opened HQ's in many different caucus states after FL, to pickup less Neo-Con states.

seawolf
No Official Presence in South Carolina.....NONE, ZERO, NATTA!!!! Ron went home for four days right after New Hampshire's second place finish and lost all of the Momentum!!!!

That was the BIG CLUE that the Official Campaign was not going to seriously challenge in South Carolina.

Any improvement from the 3.62% that Ron Paul received can be attributed directly to the RP Grassroots in South Carolina.

Florida started early voting today, and yes just like South Carolina there is NO Official Campaign presence in the Sunshine State.

All Grassroots, all of the time. Our total in Florida may not reach 10%. Pray we can still be viable in February!!!

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Oh geez. We don't have time to "remain calm." I'm a freaking marketing black belt. I've consulted with Universal Studios and a bunch of other corporations and I will freaking say this right now. If the campaign doesn't get on top of the following two things RIGHT NOW Paul will get embarassed even if it's down to two people.

1. Electability. PLEASE make ads with the CNN polls showing Paul ties with Obama unlike the others (except Romney). How this hasn't happened yet is beyond me.
2. Foreign policy. You've got to pound away that it's not that Paul is weak on this but that he wants to protect our borders and our currency and make us safer by not stirring up hornet's nests. And that we're currerntly funding our enemies and Israel's enemies and Ron Paul would stop it.

Address that. Get ads on that or hang it up. That's all there is to it. It is so freaking frustrating watching one of my heros have a mismanaged campaign and I just don't get how these obvious things haven't been seen and jumped on.

I think the campaign is starting to hear us calling for these things. In the MSNBC interview Wead did earlier today, he did mention the National Polls where Paul is tying with Obama, giving some support to his electability in todays interview. The lady said, " Thanks for making us aware of that" Like they don't know.

MJU1983
01-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Should be motivation for everyone to get out, pound the pavement, phone bank, etc instead of bitching on an internet forum about what the campaign should do. /rant

:p

parkway3000
01-21-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm not gonna let South Carolina get me down. I wrote those assholes off after they booed the Golden Rule. :cool:

Yeah me too. That was ridiculous. Don't think south Carolina is a place I would visit unless it was a life or death situation.
Honestly the results show how screwed up the south can be.

harikaried
01-21-2012, 07:13 PM
tennman: Can we use your black belt marketing expertise then to help devise strategy on how to get our key demo -- young voters -- to go to the polls in greater numbers?

My feeling is that ads are pointless. You're running them on TV, and what else is on TV...negative story after mispresentation after outright lie about Paul and the campaign, or they just ignore him like he's not a player.Yeah, Ron Paul does best on the internet, and we need to harvest that somehow. Would be great if somehow foreigners had a way to help out too like directly tweeting youths to GOTV?

abruzz0
01-21-2012, 07:14 PM
South Carolina is the heart of the Military-Industrial Complex, which Ron has been fighting for decades. The results are of little to no surprise at all. At first I was angry, but then I remembered this.

Gingrich is stomping Romney now, and all it took was a two word quote from Andrew Jackson to seal the deal. Newt is an expert politician.

Bruno
01-21-2012, 07:15 PM
No Official Presence in South Carolina.....NONE, ZERO, NATTA!!!! Ron went home for four days right after New Hampshire's second place finish and lost all of the Momentum!!!!

That was the BIG CLUE that the Official Campaign was not going to seriously challenge in South Carolina.

Any improvement from the 3.62% that Ron Paul received can be attributed directly to the RP Grassroots in South Carolina.

Florida started early voting today, and yes just like South Carolina there is NO Official Campaign presence in the Sunshine State.

All Grassroots, all of the time. Our total in Florida may not reach 10%. Pray we can still be viable in February!!!

Florida is not proportional and Paul has very little chance of beating Romney in that state which is very expensive to advertise in.

tbone717
01-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Should be motivation for everyone to get out, pound the pavement, phone bank, etc instead of bitching on an internet forum about what the campaign should do. /rant

:p

+rep It is one thing to discuss strategy and speculate on outcomes. It is another thing entirely to bitch and moan about the citizens of state where the campaign spent very little time and money marketing the candidate.

All of these so called "assholes" and "idiots" in SC are going to be needed by Paul if and when he wins the nomination so that he can win the general election.

tbone717
01-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Florida is not proportional and Paul has very little chance of beating Romney in that state which is very expensive to advertise in.

Exactly it is a ROI issue plain and simple. Can Paul win FL? Possibly, if he spends $10 million in the next week on advertising, and campaigns there 12 hours per day for the next 10 days. But the same amount of money would secure a ton more delegates in the contests ahead.

seawolf
01-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Bruno......I understand, but with South Carolina's results tonight and a likely worse finish in Florida, we are not getting closer to winning a State, but further away....much further away!!!

We will be crucified in the Media, as irrelevant and of course as they are doing right now, Paul cannot win!!!! And I am also worried about the Donations to the Campaign, it will be interesting watching the Ron Paul Donation Tracker and see if we can even come close to $100,000 per day in the next 11 days.

We are going to have to dramatically improve our finishes in early February!!!! The last 11 days of January are going to be very difficult!!!!

milo10

Exactly!

I would add to that a high-quality 30 second ad that Ron Paul will not touch Social Security, but will ensure its existence by cutting everything else.

For the senior vote, Social Security is more important than anything else! That can not be overstated! Do you think if they ran a poll of seniors, "Would you be willing to lose your social security benefits so that the United States can successfully invade Iran?" what do you think the answer would be?

I wouldn't do just an ad, but a press conference/presentation on DVD that shows the Social Security system running in the red, and how dangerous things are for its continued existence. And then, how we can save it by cutting everything else. And then we get this DVD out to seniors, veterans and so forth. Save all the money wasted on mailing the Super Brochure.

Ron could turn his biggest weak point into his greatest strength.

A few other things to win seniors over is Rand, showing his family more along with wife Carol, etc..

Lovecraftian4Paul
South Carolina is pathetic. It makes me wonder if a good chunk of the most liberty loving Americans were killed off in the Civil War (not to mention the many other wars that followed).

coffeewithchess
01-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Sorry, but acting like placing 4th is okay...is total crap.
RP placed 4th behind Newt and Santorum, both of whom have less money than RP, and both of whom RP targeted in ads in SC.

The fact the campaign did not, has not, and apparently will not address the foreign policy issue and target senior voters, shows me they are not serious about winning.
The fact that politicians in SC put their political careers on the line coming out and endorsing RP when they know how much he is hated, and to see how little the campaign has done to actually correct the misconceptions the public has with the foreign policy issue...is TERRIBLE.

Yay for the positive of getting more votes than 2008, but still, absolutely terrible campaign in getting the only issue holding RP back addressed.

tbone717
01-21-2012, 07:25 PM
South Carolina is pathetic. It makes me wonder if a good chunk of the most liberty loving Americans were killed off in the Civil War (not to mention the many other wars that followed).

It is not SC's fault. The campaign did not maket the candidate in the state to have a significant enough effect on the votes. Little marketing = little votes.

flynn
01-21-2012, 07:30 PM
I do run a site that has 10,000 visits a day, primarily visited by young people. I'd support Ron Paul for free.

royalecraig
01-21-2012, 07:35 PM
If people see his message, they will vote, needs to be a few videos, there was a guy selling DVDs, maybe it was http://Ronpaulflix.net one of the key things is to get videos in front of 100 million people within a couple of months. What about small few min vids using bluetooth to be passed around too. http://ronpaulflix.com/free-stuff/

PaulStandsTall
01-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I do run a site that has 10,000 visits a day, primarily visited by young people. I'd support Ron Paul for free.

Awesome. And you can't go wrong there because of the visitors that are leftists and would leave, your traffic would improve from the repeat visits of the conservative youngins

flynn
01-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Awesome. And you can't go wrong there because of the visitors that are leftists and would leave, your traffic would improve from the repeat visits of the conservative youngins

Might as well start some movement... though i don't know where to start. the site also has a small forum. It already has tons of Ron Paul videos embedded from youtube.

schiffheadbaby
01-21-2012, 07:39 PM
campaign is kind of crap, why wasn't ron in SC right after NH?

and the debate preparation is completely halfass.

sailingaway
01-21-2012, 07:44 PM

right. Florida not getting much in resources makes sense (except they should get a visit, just for the grass roots). But if the campaign had known they would get a bump from NH they might have played SC differently. Ron went right after NH, which was great, but then I think they were more looking ahead to Nevada. However, when Ron did get a bump, the media refused to report it anyhow.

tbone717
01-21-2012, 07:44 PM

Because the time, effort and money were better spent on states where they could get more delegates. Politics is like any other business venture. There is a ROI to consdier. The winner in SC got 11 delegates and then the remaining 14 are awarded by congressional district (2 per district). If internal polling showed that they were not competitive to win the state outright, they would have spent a lot of money competing for a potential of 14 delegates. It just does not make business sense to spend money for such a small return.

coffeewithchess
01-21-2012, 07:45 PM

Oh, you mean like the same reason RP went home the weekend before the Iowa caucus? Almost like the plan is to lose this thing, and they can't see it staring them in their own faces? Debate preparation? Didn't realize there was any...

DeadheadForPaul
01-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah me too. That was ridiculous. Don't think south Carolina is a place I would visit unless it was a life or death situation.
Honestly the results show how screwed up the south can be.

The people in that auditorium were GOP rank-and-file...not the entire SC population

SC is a great state with some awesome towns (Charleston, Hilton Head, etc.)

I've probably visited SC about 15 times by now and love it

hueylong
01-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Jeez, people. He's taking on the ENTIRE Establishment. The military establishment. The monetary establishment. The welfare establishment. Get a grip on reality. This is GOING TO BE HARD.

Keep your head up and keep working hard!

buffed

Absolutely. We went over better ways of articulating his position in the "Vent" section. Check the "Pissed at Paul" post I started.

Andrew Ryan
This

spudea
I knew SC was gonna be bad but I wanted a solid 3rd so it would hasten frothys exit

tbone717
01-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I knew SC was gonna be bad but I wanted a solid 3rd so it would hasten frothys exit

An empty bank account will hasten his exit. A poor showing by him, even if it is third place, won't inspire many people to open their wallets for him.

Patrick Henry
01-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I am in for the long haul! Let's all remember that Paul is the only one who could beat Obama. While Obama is a traitor to america, at least we know that neither Mitt nor the Grinch (also traitors) will beat Obama. What does that mean? Well worst case scenario if Paul isn't the nominee, Obama wins and 2016 is ours. I realize that Rand isn't Ron, but Rand is a good man and I think would probably get a high percentage of us Paul supporters. With the database the campaign is compiling right now, I think Rand will be unstoppable!

FWIW, I still think the good Dr. can win!

Sean
01-21-2012, 09:02 PM

The campaign could have gotten 25% in SC if they took it seriously and I think that is why people are mad. By not even showing up after NH they gave the other candidates all the media attention. 25% might have been enough for second place and continued momentum. That would have also brought in more money. So even if you don't expect to win you still have to compete and hone your message. We need a foreign policy ad and an electability ad ASAP. The long they go without those it will become a self full filling that Ron Paul isn't electable. We know the msm is not going to help us so the campaign needs to bypass them with radio and TV advertisement.

Also stop this talk about getting concessions at the convention and stuff. Your in it to win.

opinionatedfool
01-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Ron Paul didn't really spend all that much time or effort in SC. He spent enough time to get double digits, but really the campaign's focus is on the caucus states.

We will not give up. We will not give in. Ron Paul 2012!

Dartht33bagger
01-21-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm not giving up on Ron Paul. I'm sticking with him until the end. If Ron Paul can get the GOP nomination, we will most likely win the presidency. I know my parents and grandparents will vote for him if that happens because they will vote for whoever the GOP nomination.

milo10
01-21-2012, 09:28 PM
The campaign could have gotten 25% in SC if they took it seriously and I think that is why people are mad. By not even showing up after NH they gave the other candidates all the media attention. 25% might have been enough for second place and continued momentum. That would have also brought in more money. So even if you don't expect to win you still have to compete and hone your message. We need a foreign policy ad and an electability ad ASAP. The long they go without those it will become a self full filling that Ron Paul isn't electable. We know the msm is not going to help us so the campaign needs to bypass them with radio and TV advertisement.

+rep. Btw, did Rand ever make an appearance in South Carolina? I respect that Ron occasionally needs a break to catch up on sleep and so forth, but shouldn't Rand be pretty active in more conservative states? He was in Iowa for maybe 2 days.

Paul4Prez
01-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Keep in mind that Newt and Mitt are going to dig up more dirt on each other. Ron Paul is going to look better and better the longer this race goes on.
Plus he's the only one with a plan to actually CUT spending, and balance the budget. That's what people want.

Standing Like A Rock
01-21-2012, 09:35 PM
We can win a brokered convention too, as long as we get a lot of delegates to the convention.

PaulStandsTall
01-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Might as well start some movement... though i don't know where to start. the site also has a small forum. It already has tons of Ron Paul videos embedded from youtube.

Well I wouldn't do anything drastic like a squeeze page. Maybe just a sticky? Forum mods are usually held in high regard and before you know it, their noses will be brown with Ron Paul :)

tennman
01-21-2012, 11:55 PM

My feeling is that ads are pointless. You're running them on TV, and what else is on TV...negative story after mispresentation after outright lie about Paul and the campaign, or they just ignore him like he's not a player.

We have to work on the ground, underground. Get our people out in the greatest numbers anyone has ever seen.

So, marketing black belt...help us.

Well, it depends on who "we" is. I'd love to speak to the campaign but I doubt that would happen. I'd consult with them for free. My clients would be extremely jealous. ;-)

But the key is addressing the negatives in a positive way. He can energize the base by thumping "sound money" and "ending the Fed." That sure gets me excited. But my buddy Brad just says, "Yeah but he'll take it easy on the terrorists and get us killed."

People can't hear the positives because that voice in their heads is saying he won't protect them. So what do they care about ending the Fed? Give them permission to care about sound money and and ending the Fed by assuring them of reality - that Paul will actually make them safer. And that he competes with Obama unlike Newt or Santorum.

I'd elaborate a lot more on that for the campaign but I don't have the space here. And I'm not sure how may will read page three of a thread.

For individual supporters I'd say you can get the college kids by doing what someone else on here said - early/absentee voting. It'd require volunteers at colleges.

The other thing to do is use your Facebook account to educate people on Ron Paul's electibility and foreign policy. Read over what you say because nothing loses credibility like a typo.

I actually think Paul could do a lot better with women and seniors because of his foreign policy but right now it's not understood. What people are hearing is that Paul just wants to gut our military...the folks who defend us...while 9-11 is still in the back of everyone's mind. He had a good explanation of this in the second SC debate where he explained the difference between military spending and defense spending. He said, "You call a billion dollar embassy in Baghdad military spending but I call it waste." He also talked about instead of defending a border in a mideast desert, we should put that money into securing our borders! Gold to neocons and women. That was great but it was too late for a couple of reasons, one being that for many it was the first explanation of military spending vs. Defense spending they'd heard.

We should spread those videos everywhere! Facebook them to death. Link to them in our signatures at message forums and blog comments.

The other issue is electability. We may not like it, but it REALLY matters to a lot of people. We've got to hammer that in a smilar way.

If anyone wants more info, feel free to message me. I just wish I could help on a larger scale with the skills I've spent more than half my life developing.

Lishy
01-21-2012, 11:59 PM
It's a victory either way. Remember it's the YOUNG votes that Ron Paul appeals to! And guess who the adults of the future will be? And guess who's parents of the children will be?

Ron Paul is inspiring an entire generation of people. And his message gets bigger and bigger. And that message unites everyone, no matter how different they are: Communists, Capitalists, Muslims, Atheists, Conspiracy Theorists, Patriots, Blacks, Jews, even the Japanese love Ron Paul!! (Yes, his videos are on Nico Video subtitled!!)

His message transcends the barriers of political ideology, race, and religion. Things will become dark, but when the old and corrupt rot, and pass away, the future will be bright; The sun will rise tomorrow.

RickyJ
01-22-2012, 12:04 AM
The campaign never expected to compete in SC - everything we are gaining there is because of grassroots efforts.

Santorum did little to nothing in SC and beat Paul? Come on, we need to stop spinning this loss this way, it just plain sucks. We have to regroup and start doing our own polls and exit polls. Giving up is not an option. Too much is riding on this, way too much to even think of giving up. We must do better, and we will, but we won't by not facing reality.

Edward
01-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Santorum did little to nothing in SC and beat Paul? Come on, we need to stop spinning this loss this way, it just plain sucks.

I agree that it sucks, but it's not simply all about effort. If you are a candidate like Santorum, you don't need to do much to appeal to the status quo. There are a lot of different battles that need to be fought before the war will be won.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 12:16 AM
We should not only remain calm but get off the forums and do more field work/being productive.

Bishing on the forums accomplishes nothing.

abstrusezincate
01-22-2012, 12:24 AM
The viability of the campaign will be demonstrated by how effectively they perform in the upcoming caucus states. Ignore Florida, as it will be a bloodbath.

Nevada and the others will be much more telling. If we don't pull out first and seconds in all those states, considering there have been people on the ground making calls and organizing in preparation for this, it means there isn't enough traction to win. It may still be worth running, because this race dynamic looks to be headed toward a brokered convention.

If, however, Ron does win or bring some close seconds, he'll be in a position to have as many delegates as anyone moving toward Super Tuesday, and he'll have three weeks in mid to late February to make the case against Newt and Mitt. He needs to get the damned foreign policy speech right, but if Minnesota, Colorado, Maine, and Nevada come up strong, we'll be in good shape.

harikaried
01-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Florida not getting much in resources makes sense (except they should get a visit, just for the grass roots).Also, now Gingrich and Romney will be spending/wasting a lot in Florida which is good for Ron Paul in the long run.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 01:43 AM
Keep donating, GET NEW DONORS!, keep chins up, and push even harder!

SaulPaulinsky
01-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Well, it depends on who "we" is. I'd love to speak to the campaign but I doubt that would happen. I'd consult with them for free. My clients would be extremely jealous. ;-)

Well what I meant by we is the grassroots organizers.

But the key is addressing the negatives in a positive way. He can energize the base by thumping "sound money" and "ending the Fed." That sure gets me excited. But my buddy Brad just says, "Yeah but he'll take it easy on the terrorists and get us killed."

People can't hear the positives because that voice in their heads is saying he won't protect them. So what do they care about ending the Fed? Give them permission to care about sound money and and ending the Fed by assuring them of reality - that Paul will actually make them safer. And that he competes with Obama unlike Newt or Santorum.

I'd elaborate a lot more on that for the campaign but I don't have the space here. And I'm not sure how may will read page three of a thread.

Yeah no offense but I am quite confused by the above. Personally I think the young people are most concerned about the future -- war, the debt, preserving liberty. But that alone doesn't seem to be getting more than a 10-15% turnout among 18-29s, which is not enough.

For individual supporters I'd say you can get the college kids by doing what someone else on here said - early/absentee voting. It'd require volunteers at colleges.

LOL those I'm pretty sure we've got!

The other thing to do is use your Facebook account to educate people on Ron Paul's electibility and foreign policy. Read over what you say because nothing loses credibility like a typo.

I actually think Paul could do a lot better with women and seniors because of his foreign policy but right now it's not understood. What people are hearing is that Paul just wants to gut our military...the folks who defend us...while 9-11 is still in the back of everyone's mind. He had a good explanation of this in the second SC debate where he explained the difference between military spending and defense spending. He said, "You call a billion dollar embassy in Baghdad military spending but I call it waste." He also talked about instead of defending a border in a mideast desert, we should put that money into securing our borders! Gold to neocons and women. That was great but it was too late for a couple of reasons, one being that for many it was the first explanation of military spending vs. Defense spending they'd heard.

We should spread those videos everywhere! Facebook them to death. Link to them in our signatures at message forums and blog comments.

The other issue is electability. We may not like it, but it REALLY matters to a lot of people. We've got to hammer that in a smilar way.

If anyone wants more info, feel free to message me. I just wish I could help on a larger scale with the skills I've spent more than half my life developing.

OK I think perhaps you got a bit the wrong idea of what I was asking for. Perhaps I was unclear.

IMO a major part of our challenge is to turn supporters into voters. February is a big caucus month, so you not only need to have support but you need that support to take time out of their evening to go to the caucus. If we could double the 18-29 turnout rate we had in Iowa, we could landslide some of these caucuses.

I'm not so much looking at how to win political support, make a case, etc. I'm looking at "how do I get bodies to caucus for Paul." I don't care if they change their mind the next day, or never really supported Paul but just wanted to go for another reason. We need some blowout wins to give Paul momentum going into the big winner-take-alls in April and May.

socal
01-22-2012, 04:29 PM

The war on terror is a fraud in my and in Paul Craig Roberts' opinion, so crafting a campaign to reassure people about a non-existent threat, without saying that, could be tricky.

I realize most people here don't agree with this assessment however.

Is the War on Terror a Hoax?
http://lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts327.html

FBI undercover agents now number 15,000, ten times their number during the protests against the Vietnam war when protesters were suspected of communist sympathies. As there apparently are no real terror plots for this huge workforce to uncover, the FBI justifies its budget, terror alerts, and invasive searches of American citizens by thinking up "terror plots" and finding some deranged individuals to ensnare. For example, the Washington DC Metro bombing plot, the New York city subway plot, the plot to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago were all FBI brainchilds organized and managed by FBI agents.

RT reports that only three plots might have been independent of the FBI, but as none of the three worked they obviously were not the work of such a professional terror organization as Al Qaeda is purported to be. The Times Square car bomb didn't blow up, and apparently could not have.

The latest FBI sting ensnared a Boston man, Rezwan Ferdaus, who is accused of planning to attack the Pentagon and US Capitol with model airplanes packed with C-4 explosives. US Attorney Carmen Ortiz assured Americans that they were never in danger, because the FBI's undercover agents were in control of the plot....

Consider also that American neoconservatives, who have orchestrated the "war on terror," have no protection whatsoever and that the Secret Service protection of Bush and Cheney is minimal. If America really faced a terrorist threat, especially one so professional to have brought off 9/11, every neoconservative along with Bush and Cheney could be assassinated within one hour on one morning or one evening.

The fact that neoconservatives such as Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, Richard Perle, Douglas Feith, John Bolton, William Kristol, Libby, Addington, et. al., live unprotected and free of fear is proof that America faces no terrorist threat.

Think now about the airliner shoe-bomb plot, the shampoo-bottled water plot, and the underwear-bomb plot. Experts, other than the whores hired by the US government, say that these plots are nonsensical. The "shoe bomb" and "underwear bomb" were colored fireworks powders incapable of blowing up a tin can. The liquid bomb, allegedly mixed up in an airliner toilet room, has been dismissed by experts as fantasy...

Paul Craig Roberts is a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury and former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal