PDA

View Full Version : I just got myself in the news

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-21-2012, 02:26 PM
My group stood out in the snow and ice this morning to host a sign wave and literature handout in front of a notorious local billboard in Easton,MD along a busy stretch of road. Managed to rally over 25 people to come out for a few hours to freeze all for the sake of restoring our Republic. Had to give a pep rally to keep people going but we managed to keep it going. Lots of thumbs up and horns honking which is a major change from 07/08. Some new people to the movement showed up to help out and we all had a lot of fun. The best part is that the local paper (The Star Democrat) showed up to take photographs and a local TV station came and filmed a segment and interviewed me about why residents should get involved with Ron Paul and join our meet-up group. Lots of people left with fresh supplies to take into their communities. I am frozen solid after standing in snow, ice and being rained on in temps around freezing for several hour but I feel so fantatic that year of hard work are starting to show some results in my area. In 07/08 I would have been there alone (I know from experience) and I would have been flipped off numerous times (I know from experience). I don't have a link to the vieo or story yet because the paper will not run it until tomorrow or Monday and the TV station said it will be broadcasting the story on ABC and the CW Network which will blanket my entire region tonight as people are tuning in to hear the primary results. As soon as I have some links to post I will post them.

What is even better is I came home to find a thread here about a local radio host who released a satire video (which is hillarious btw). The man in this video is a guy who was hardcore neocon who I started calling up during the last election while he was the host of a morning show. One day I got Dr. Paul on his show along with Adam Kokesh a few days later and now I find out that my efforts at talking to him and going out of my way to get him guests paid off. He is a very popular local personality who is now fully in the Paul camp...

So in honor of a great day, I am giving $5 to Dr. Paul. I wish it could be more but I have given everything I have. I would be honored if you folks would join me on such a powerful day to contrinute just $5 to the campaign so that Dr. Paul and folks all across the country can keep fighting for what we know is true.

Sorry for any typos... I am shivering so hard I can barely type.

EDIT: Here is a copy of one of the local newspaper write-ups. I don't have a link to a video from local TV news yet but it did run and our local meet-up has had an influx of requests for information since these came out.

rblgenius
01-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Sorry for any typos... I am shivering so hard I can barely type.

+rep. People don't understand why Ron paul supporters do this... we believe in the message, not the man.

Captain Shays
01-21-2012, 02:31 PM
I wonder how many Gingrich supporters are doing the same thing?

Heartfelt gratitude for your efforts my brother. Bravo. Now time to get something hot to drink and put on some dry socks.

european
01-21-2012, 02:32 PM
+rep for all you have been doing and are doing & thanks for sharing.

it may be winter outside, but in my heart its spring :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltQ5W8imQ2g&feature=related

alucard13mmfmj
01-21-2012, 02:33 PM
that is why we need bad weather for Ron Paul to win. Ron Paul supporters will climb Mt Everest to get to the ballot boxes. Newt, Romney, and Santorum voters are less likely to go vote when its snowing heavily or raining dogs during voting day. does it snow in MD when its ballot day for you usually?

Lightweis
01-21-2012, 02:36 PM
great JOB joe. I wish i could have been out there with you!

rubantin
01-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Thank you for your dedication... I teach in Sudlersville, MD

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Thank you for your dedication... I teach in Sudlersville, MD

I go through Sudlersville quite often. If you have Facebook you can join our group "Mid-Shore for Ron Paul". Our next meeting is January 31st in Easton,MD. YOu can get address and directions with the group. Would love to have you come out and join us sometime.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for all the positive commenys guys... If any of you could match my $5 donation I would be ecstatic. If you are maxed out than please donate that $5 to RevPac, C4L, RPF or a grassroots chip-in.

Occam's Banana
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jdmyprez_deo_vindice again."

But that's OK - I +repped you on the "Brilliant satire" thread ...

(Which everyone should see, BTW - it's hilarious: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353824-VIDEO-Brilliant-satire-on-anti-Paul-haters )

PursuePeace
01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
That is awesome! And it is definitely FREEZING today. Everything over here across the way in VA is covered in ice.
Can't give much for the next few weeks, but here's a little bit.
Thanks for your efforts, jdmyprez_deo_vindice-

Amount: $17.76
Transaction ID: 333623647
Transaction date/time: 2012-01-21 14:37:02

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-21-2012, 02:47 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jdmyprez_deo_vindice again."

But that's OK - I +repped you on the "Brilliant satire" thread ...

(Which everyone should see, BTW - it's hilarious: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353824-VIDEO-Brilliant-satire-on-anti-Paul-haters )

TY so much for posting that link to the video I was talking about. I meant to do it but forgot. +rep

Lightweis
01-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Amount: $20.00
Transaction ID: 333625758
Transaction date/time: 2012-01-21 14:47:00

there you go Joe!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-21-2012, 02:50 PM
That is awesome! And it is definitely FREEZING today. Everything over here across the way in VA is covered in ice.
Can't give much for the next few weeks, but here's a little bit.
Thanks for your efforts, jdmyprez_deo_vindice-

Amount: $17.76
Transaction ID: 333623647
Transaction date/time: 2012-01-21 14:37:02

TY so much for donating and yeah our region is a mess. Ironic that you donated $17.76 because part of my pep speech to keep everyone going was about how we think we are cold but it is nothing compared to the men who froze to death at Valley Forge and how we are the remnant of that spirit and on and on and on.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Amount: $20.00
Transaction ID: 333625758
Transaction date/time: 2012-01-21 14:47:00

there you go Joe!

That is amazing... ty... +rep

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Bump for donations.. We just went over 2 million and it is because of people in this thread digging deep... We can do this folks. Let's keep this momentum going all night. This is a full scale war against the status quo and I refuse to lose.

rblgenius
01-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Bump for donations.. We just went over 2 million and it is because of people in this thread digging deep... We can do this folks. Let's keep this momentum going all night. This is a full scale war against the status quo and I refuse to lose.

bump for the story

JasonC
01-21-2012, 03:20 PM
wow!!! Awesome, Joe!

I'm donating more when I get paid on Monday. We need more of this type of thing on a mass scale. We need votes! This type of activity goes around the MSM networks, gets peoples' attention, and gets attention from local media. Thanks for all you do!

alucard13mmfmj
01-21-2012, 03:31 PM
does it snow in MD when its time to cast ballots usuaully? ;p *pray for snow*

MsDoodahs
01-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Wow.

That dedication is inspirational!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-22-2012, 02:13 AM
does it snow in MD when its time to cast ballots usuaully? ;p *pray for snow*

We usually don't have snow on the ground when the primary rolls around unfortunately.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 02:14 AM
You guys freakin rock...

And here we are in Sunny California bitching about a windy day tabling by the beach..

Keep up the great work.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Just addeed a scan of one of the articles in the local newspaper

Luciconsort
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Just addeed a scan of one of the articles in the local newspaper

wooooo party +1

unknown
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I wonder how many Gingrich supporters are doing the same thing?

Well they might but one has to question why?

Debate rhetoric, lies and telling the media to get bent are all that seem to matter anymore. Forget about the fact that Newt has lobbied for Obamacare since he was Speaker or that he's a "climate changer" or for gun control or loves to spend or that FDR was his favorite President. Forget all that.

He's a great liar and thats all America seems to care about.

Im not saying its too late but it is depressing as all hell.