PDA

View Full Version : Civil Liberties: What is Ron Pauls position on abortion?

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I have watched several videos of him on abortion and watched the debates. So far this is what I understand. He believes a person becomes a person at conception and should be protected under the constitution like everyone else.

The federal government should have no official position on abortion but rather the states should make the abortion law in their respective states.

heres what I want to know. Does this simply allow abortion to contiinue if a state wants it to continue or is he wanting to make a constitutional amendment to include unborn people?

Bruno
01-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Abortion is a states issue, he personally does not agree with abortion of the unborn who have rights as well, and never performed an abortion as a doctor.

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 01:25 PM
So abortions will continue in states that want it under president Ron Paul?

donnay
01-21-2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I53ATusQudk

Bruno
01-21-2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I53ATusQudk

Thank you, that is a great discussion on his position.

dannno
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
So abortions will continue in states that want it under president Ron Paul?

Abortions will continue in all states no matter what the laws say.

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 02:22 PM
I have been talking to people to vote for Ron Paul and they are saying he is not really pro life and that santorum is right. So I dont know how to reply to them. If he just lets states decide instead of amending the constitution to include unborn persons in the list of people endowed with inalienable rights then that does seem weak on abortion issue. He mentioned something during the debate on it being easier to repeal roe vs wade at the state level? Is anybody here knowledgeable about Rons pro life strategy, i mean what is his plan to protect unborn people? or is he really not that pro life after all? Anyone?

Sola_Fide
01-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Why is this in the civil liberties section?

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Because unborn persons should have civil liberties according to ron paul

Civil liberties are rights and freedoms that provide an individual specific rights such as the freedom from slavery and forced labour, freedom from torture and death, the right to liberty and security, right to a fair trial, the right to defend one's self, the right to own and bear arms, the right to privacy, freedom of conscience, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and association, and the right to marry and have a family.

crh88
01-21-2012, 02:36 PM
I have been talking to people to vote for Ron Paul and they are saying he is not really pro life and that santorum is right. So I dont know how to reply to them. If he just lets states decide instead of amending the constitution to include unborn persons in the list of people endowed with inalienable rights then that does seem weak on abortion issue. He mentioned something during the debate on it being easier to repeal roe vs wade at the state level? Is anybody here knowledgeable about Rons pro life strategy, i mean what is his plan to protect unborn people? or is he really not that pro life after all? Anyone?

Ron is the only one with a real plan to repeal Roe v. Wade. There is no way that Congress is going to make a law banning abortion any time in the near future. If it was going to happen, it would have happened under Bush with a Republican majority in Congress. It's very, very hard to pass a Constitutional Amendment. However, following the current Constitution and making it a state issue (just like with murder and every other violent crime) would allow for RvW to be repelled overnight, and would only require a simple majority. It also leaves the door completely open for a Constitutional Amendment if there is ever enough support for one. This is the ONLY realistic Pro-Life plan.

Santorum and the rest would do absolutely nothing to help reduce abortions. Santorum has voted for budgets that fund Planned Parenthood. Shrinking the power of the federal government will prevent stuff like that from happening. And we all know Dr. Paul is the only one who actually wants to shrink government.

Sola_Fide
01-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Because unborn persons should have civil liberties according to ron paul

Oh, I'm with you then.

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Thank you ver much crh!! That was the answer i was looking for. That makes sense now.

crh88
01-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Thank you ver much crh!! That was the answer i was looking for. That makes sense now.

You're very welcome! Glad I could help. :)

tonypeck
01-24-2012, 10:10 PM
In response to the nonsense that Santorum says about Dr. Paul's view on abortion, it may seem logical on the outside, but when you look at Ron Paul's reasoning for his position, Paul makes total sense again and Santorum is wrong. Santorum wants to make anti-abortion a federal law. As mentioned before by someone in the forum, this would be pretty tough to pass. So when Santorum points out that Dr. Paul doesn't support making abortion illegal on the federal level, it may seem as if Paul isn't very pro-life because the Declaration and the Constitution call for the protection of life. However, looking deeper, Paul's view is actually the more logical and more feasible to be passed than a federal law or amendment banning abortion.
Ron Paul would make it federal law that life begins at conception. Therefore, it would be murder to abort the unborn baby. Murder is handled at the state levels; not federally. So if it is federal law that life begins at conception, then Roe v. Wade (which states federal government doesn't define when life begins, thus allowing for abortions to ensue) will be ended. If a state hypothetically made murder legal, then the federal government could go after them and put a stop to it legally. This will be the same case if a state tries to legalize abortions under a federal law that states life begins at conception; they can be sued for legalizing murder. So there it is, Ron Paul is handling things the way they ought to be handled, whilst standing up for life and the constitution.

chickensguys
01-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Article 1 Section 8 Clause 17 I think allows the Federal Government to over turn Roe vs Wade if I remember right. That would allow the States to decide again if it should be legal or not. You would find that over 25 states would appeal it almost immediately.

Voluntarist
02-04-2012, 12:34 PM
xxxxx