PDA

View Full Version : There, I did it.

BillyDkid
11-11-2007, 10:12 AM
I did my Nov. 11 thing, so you folks who jumped all over me for asking if this bomb was the best day can relax.

ZenX
11-11-2007, 10:14 AM
off topic, but B, weren't you quoted in an article about the type of folks that support Ron Paul? I've been trying to find it...it was an excellent piece.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I literally have 52cents left in my account, and many others are in similar situations.. I find it insulting and inconsiderate to expect people to get behind a money bomb ever 6 days. I'm rationing rice and a lil' beef... and I'm certain i'm not the only one struggling...
For the love of all that is sanity... stop with the 9 million money bombs.. its seems like everyone wants to be the next trevor lyman and get some kind of 15 minutes of fame... i don't see this as beneficial to getting more positive press... and it cheapens the effect of main money bomb on the Dec. 16th.

There is such a thing as donor exhaustion.

allyinoh
11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
I literally have 52cents left in my account, and many other are in similar situations.. I find it insulting and inconsiderate to expect people to get behind a money bomb ever 6 days. I'm rationing rice and a lil' beef... and I'm certain i'm not the only one struggling...
For the love of all that is sanity... stop with the 9 million money bombs.. its seems like everyone wants to be the next trevor lyman and get some kind of 15 minutes of fame... i don't see this as beneficial to getting more positive press... and it cheapens the effect of main money bomb on the Dec. 16th.

Thank you!!

BillyDkid
11-11-2007, 10:24 AM
off topic, but B, weren't you quoted in an article about the type of folks that support Ron Paul? I've been trying to find it...it was an excellent piece.yeah, I'll find it for you and post the link here.

BillyDkid
11-11-2007, 10:27 AM
off topic, but B, weren't you quoted in an article about the type of folks that support Ron Paul? I've been trying to find it...it was an excellent piece.
Here's a link to that article.

http://www.americanchronicle.com:80/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=42497

ZenX
11-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks so much.

To contribute to the topic... It is very tough for me to donate today as well. I really liked the idea of $11.11 on 11/11 because, I can probably swing that (and will). I got wrapped up on the 5th, donated my 100 and then tossed out another 100 throughout the day. Wife got pretty miffed.

BillyDkid
11-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks so much.

To contribute to the topic... It is very tough for me to donate today as well. I really liked the idea of $11.11 on 11/11 because, I can probably swing that (and will). I got wrapped up on the 5th, donated my 100 and then tossed out another 100 throughout the day. Wife got pretty miffed.
I'm very proud of all of us who have given so much. I pray that the GOP and Faux News doesn't tear our hearts out. No other candidate has the heartfelt support that Ron Paul has. It deserves some respect.

Mithridates
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I literally have 52cents left in my account, and many others are in similar situations.. I find it insulting and inconsiderate to expect people to get behind a money bomb ever 6 days. I'm rationing rice and a lil' beef... and I'm certain i'm not the only one struggling...

I wouldn't worry about it, for two reasons:

1) Nobody expects a donation from someone who has already given to the extent that he has 52 cents left in his account. That's dedication, and you can't give more than that.
2) The donor community isn't a fixed number. While there may be fatigue on one side, on the other side there are a few hundreds/thousands that have probably just gotten to know Ron Paul and are all fired up to donate some money. A money bomb every week would be too much, of course, but this secondary one is probably a good way to gauge the strength or growth of the community, and a nice way to drive the point home that November 5th wasn't an event that completely depleted every possible source of donations, since there are always more paychecks and more new supporters with money ready to be donated.

So in short, don't worry too much about it. You've obviously given 100%.

jpinkerton
11-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Why are you guys fighting over crap like this, seriously. If someone is going to donate, they're going to donate, if they can't or won't then let 'em be!

There are other things that need to be done other than donating. While donating is great, you can easily work to organize your local meetup group, or get a few coworkers/friends to do some research on Ron Paul.

This has nothing to do with grandstanding or whatever bullshit you're saying.
Naraku if you're not going to take the time to read or comprehend a post, don't belittle it.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, for two reasons:

1) Nobody expects a donation from someone who has already given to the extent that he has 52 cents left in his account. That's dedication, and you can't give more than that.
2) The donor community isn't a fixed number. While there may be fatigue on one side, on the other side there are a few hundreds/thousands that have probably just gotten to know Ron Paul and are all fired up to donate some money. A money bomb every week would be too much, of course, but this secondary one is probably a good way to gauge the strength or growth of the community, and a nice way to drive the point home that November 5th wasn't an event that completely depleted every possible source of donations, since there are always more paychecks and more new supporters with money ready to be donated.

So in short, don't worry too much about it. You've obviously given 100%.

I have committed to this grassroots movement 100%, when i said I was all in... I meant it.
I ask what is the main purpose of a money bomb? I say the secondary reason is actually the fund raising.... We could have raised 4.2mil over a months time... but it wouldn't have gotten the press and street cred Ron Paul needs...so I say, a money bombs main purpose is to shock the system... shock the media... and if we can't blow 4.2mil out of the water come this dec. 16th it may be used against us... a one time fluke for a flaky candidate is what the headline would read.
I'm not discouraging donations, i'm asking the people that are setting up all these many events to look at the reason behind these things..like i listed above, use their brains.... and play this smart.
Dec. 16th needs to be 4+ million... and for every million above that will be free media exposure that will increase proportionately. For every million these mini-bombs take away from that Dec 16th total, it negatively effects the free media coverage gain by those who chose a course of prudence.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Naraku if you're not going to take the time to read or comprehend a post, don't belittle it.

That's probably expecting too much...
Post like his cause people to be afraid to post what they really think... its hate filled and abusive in nature and is not very productive at all..in fact, its a hindrance. I'm one of the few who still don't fear showing objection to the mob rule mentality that says if you don't like it- shut the fuck up. Isn't that how the neocons run things?

Naraku
11-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I read the post and my problem is that this was set up a long time back, right around when November 5th was set up, and has nothing to do with trying to be the "next Trevor Lyman".

So criticizing this is just disrespectful and ignorant I think.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I read the post and my problem is that this was set up a long time back, right around when November 5th was set up, and has nothing to do with trying to be the "next Trevor Lyman".

I just layed out a detail explanation of main beef with these "mini-bombs", and yes ego does play a part in it...but, my main beef is the negative impact it has on the Tea Party. You want to degrade something... degrade my logic.... degrade my ideas... don't tell me to shut the fuck up... take that shit to http://www.fredthompsonforum.com . thats where the neocons hang out. Remember, It's Fred or Dead. ;)

Naraku
11-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Look, I'm not gonna let you degrade someone else, especially when you're WRONG.

This wasn't set up as part of any ego trip and it pisses me off that you'd act like it is.

The Tea Party is 35 days away and there's already like 5,000 people signed up for it. This was set up long before November 5th. It's not going to hurt something 35 days away so just let it be.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Look, I'm not gonna let you degrade someone else, especially when you're WRONG.

This wasn't set up as part of any ego trip and it pisses me off that you'd act like it is.

The Tea Party is 35 days away and there's already like 5,000 people signed up for it. This was set up long before November 5th. It's not going to hurt something 35 days away so just let it be.

The ego part is directed to those fighting over domain dominance over December 16...

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 12:54 PM
See, we can discuss ideas without degradation. Good job!

Naraku
11-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes and today is not one of those things.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm still not convinced of your points in response to post#12. Your assumption is people have ample money to give, my assumption is most people are struggling and don't have ample money to give. If you want to have success on Dec. 16th, it would be best to prepare for the worst case scenario, that i'm right when i say people are struggling...and spreading donations will take away from Dec. 16th, because if we assume you are right.... and go ahead like we are... but people really are struggling like i have state.. then we have shot ourselves in the foot because we won't be able to shock the media into a response come Tea Party time.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't think everyone has ample money to give, I think some certainly do, though. I think most people with regular jobs can save up $100 in 35 days and still spend a little here and there.

I'm not saying there should be people trying a November 5th every week or even really try one before December 16th, but I do think people who can give should give enough to keep up momentum.

The way I see it December 16th is not going to be especially useful for winning the early primaries, but instead the later primaries so getting a lot of money right now is still important, though I'd agree there shouldn't be people trying to pull a November 5th during this time.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't think everyone has ample money to give, I think some certainly do, though. I think most people with regular jobs can save up $100 in 35 days and still spend a little here and there.

I'm not saying there should be people trying a November 5th every week or even really try one before December 16th, but I do think people who can give should give enough to keep up momentum.

The way I see it December 16th is not going to be especially useful for winning the early primaries, but instead the later primaries so getting a lot of money right now is still important, though I'd agree there shouldn't be people trying to pull a November 5th during this time.

OK, i see your point on the fact the campaign needs money now... but I was referring to the idea that reducing the total outcome of Dec. 16th even a little (percentage-wise) could in some ways reduce our ability to garner positive press for Ron.
For all us Ron supporters... we want to participate in all of these bombs... and some may give that $100 they can afford to give prematurely, which would certainly,in mass, affect the Tea Party.. The Tea party would be a media boost at the right time.... the money would go to later primary states... but the media exposure would help immediately. We should be trying to maximize the impact of Dec. 16th.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Some people may be able to give that much a lot and still give plenty on December 16th. However, I think if a lot of people want to make a big impact with money bombs before December 16th they should join one of the weekly Money bombs where they only give $25 each.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Just for clarification... i think you may have misunderstood me earlier...which may have been why you were so angry... I'm not talking about November 11th in particular... I'm talking about the whole concept of the money bomb and how it is best used to maximize effectiveness.

It just so happened that Nov 5th was a success... and even though Nov11th was planned from way back when... it seems ludicrous to expect people to donate again in large quantity 6 days later. There hasn't been enough time for another pay period to go around.
Of course, had the 5th failed, the 11th would have provided us another opportunity to get our ducks in a row and try it again.... but to push it as another bomb so soon after the 5th is quite frustrating to those of us who'd want more than ever to participate, but can't... its makes one feel like they aren't giving enough..which in turn leads one to feel insulted and makes others seem inconsiderate when they barre you with solicitations to donate every 6 days or so... that is what i was referring to in my first post. if that makes any sense?

also- in case you missed it.. the fighting egos is a reference to the domain dominance wars in connection with the Tea Party theme.

priest_of_syrinx
11-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Just for clarification... i think you may have misunderstood me earlier...which may have been why you were so angry... I'm not talking about November 11th in particular... I'm talking about the whole concept of the money bomb and how it is best used to maximize effectiveness.

It just so happened that Nov 5th was a success... and even though Nov11th was planned from way back when... it seems ludicrous to expect people to donate again in large quantity 6 days later. There hasn't been enough time for another pay period to go around.
Of course, had the 5th failed, the 11th would have provided us another opportunity to get our ducks in a row and try it again.... but to push it as another bomb so soon after the 5th is quite frustrating to those of us who'd want more than ever to participate, but can't... its makes one feel like that aren't giving enough..which in turn leads one to feel insulted and makes others seem inconsiderate when they barre you with solicitations to donate every 6 days or so... that is what i was referring to in my first post. if that makes any sense?

also- in case you missed it.. the fighting egos is a reference to the domain dominance wars in connection with the Tea Party theme.

Makes sense to me; I earn $10 a week! I don't think I'll be donating today, but I'll probably donate $10 or possibly more on the 16th.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I'll probably donate $10 or possibly more on the 16th.

Awesome! And welcome! I'm glad you decided to register with our forum! If you have any questions are concerns, feel free to PM me anytime.

pacelli
11-11-2007, 03:16 PM
I think one of the dangers of having several money-bombs with a predicted amount of money is that if we do not meet each money-bomb goal, the mainstream media could easily use that against us to say that Ron Paul's support is waning. I think any money-bomb event should not shoot for a particular amount, but rather let the chips fall as they may. Hype the hell out of them, but predictions could give the MSM fuel to detract Dr. Paul's campaign. No flames please, I donated $100 on Nov 5th as well as today the 11th. I'm saving up $1000 for the Tea Party money bomb.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I think one of the dangers of having several money-bombs with a predicted amount of money is that if we do not meet each money-bomb goal, the mainstream media could easily use that against us to say that Ron Paul's support is waning. I think any money-bomb event should not shoot for a particular amount, but rather let the chips fall as they may. Hype the hell out of them, but predictions could give the MSM fuel to detract Dr. Paul's campaign. No flames please, I donated $100 on Nov 5th as well as today the 11th. I'm saving up $1000 for the Tea Party money bomb.

Isn't it sad that you have to apologize to people for giving your opinion? There really is no need to apologize... I'm glad you shared your thoughts. Please don't let the abrasive members deter you from ever giving your opinion.

The Tea Party will be the big artillery bombardment that we need to break through the top tier lines... after that, our patriotic hordes can not be stopped.

BillyDkid
11-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Dude, shut the fuck up. This one was being planned right alongside November 5th. This has nothing to do with grandstanding or whatever bullshit you're saying.First there is no need for that kind of talk or disrespect. Secondly, I am sick of people in here telling other people to shut up. That's not what this forum is about. If you disagree with something either just say you disagree or ignore it. There is too much of this kind of unneccessary hostility in here and it hurts us.

Tidewise
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I think one of the dangers of having several money-bombs with a predicted amount of money is that if we do not meet each money-bomb goal, the mainstream media could easily use that against us to say that Ron Paul's support is waning.

I do see your point, but the original goal of the 11/5 moneybomb was $10M. We didn't reach half of that but we blew the MSM away.

I donated $100 on Nov 5th as well as today the 11th. I'm saving up $1000 for the Tea Party money bomb.

Me too :D

CelestialRender
11-11-2007, 07:19 PM
We hit above the pledged amount of money already, so I'm happy.

I was hoping for a greater turnout of people donating $11.11, or $10, or thereabouts, just to show support, but I think most of us totally understand that everyone can't donate twice this quickly.

TBH, I didn't even donate on the 5th lol. My bank account was messed up that day, which is why I decided to join in on the 11th.

ronpaulhawaii
11-11-2007, 09:29 PM

Here is a good example of a krusty kettle calling a shiny pot black. I agree that there is a lot of ego-mania evident in all these proposed "bombs".

First there is no need for that kind of talk or disrespect. Secondly, I am sick of people in here telling other people to shut up. That's not what this forum is about. If you disagree with something either just say you disagree or ignore it. There is too much of this kind of unneccessary hostility in here and it hurts us.

Agreed, as a matter of fact, now look what you made me do... lol

Thank you very much for your donation of $20.08 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paulís candidacy.
Thanks for being a part of the campaign!
Your confirmation number:
127328-07W518279E846342A

FTR- second today because the numbers are low. I am taking a risk with this money which I do not appreciate. These bombs are quickly growing volitile and will soon lose my support if I continue to see such disrespect. RP will still get my money, but not in concert with idiocy