PDA

View Full Version : Polls, The Media And The Gingrich Surge...

Bossobass
01-21-2012, 11:44 AM
The Wall street Journal posted an article mentions Gingrich's great success in the last debate and his "surge" in the "polls" including evidence of both in the title of the article:

Gingrich Cancels Event After Few Show Up

Newt Gingrich is surging in the polls and garnered standing ovations at last night’s GOP presidential debate, but his campaign canceled his first event Friday at a college stadium here due to poor attendance.

Mr. Gingrich was scheduled to speak at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, a four-day event held in the basketball stadium at the College of Charleston. But the stands were all-but empty about five minutes before the former House speaker was set to speak, and his appearance was called off.

The article in its entirety:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/01/20/gingrich-cancels-event-after-few-show-up/?mod=google_news_blog

Some latest polls (1/21) show Gingrich in 1st place with Ron Paul a distant 3rd place, while the media blitzkrieg cries "Gingrich SURGES in SC!".

Here's is Ron Paul's appearance at the same event, broadcast live on C-Span:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fajmX37jOE&feature=player_embedded#!

Note that as soon as the crowd spies RP backstage there is a standing ovation. Also note the reception despite an extraordinarily and annoyingly long and anti-climactic introduction.

No one but existing Ron Paul supporters and fans will ever see this comparison and obvious disparity between the Polls and Media bias and the reality of who is actually enjoying a commanding lead in the field of candidates.

Heartbreaking. Infuriating. Astounding.

Bosso

iamse7en
01-21-2012, 12:16 PM
As much as I want to blame the CFR media and their control/manipulation over this so-called democratic process, much blame must be placed on the sheeple for allowing themselves to be so controlled. Unshackle yourselves!

MsDoodahs
01-21-2012, 12:20 PM
As much as I want to blame the CFR media and their control/manipulation over this so-called democratic process, much blame must be placed on the sheeple for allowing themselves to be so controlled. Unshackle yourselves!

They don't see that they're shackled. It's like ... fish don't know they're in water.....

Add to that the fact that most americans really don't even CARE.

sailingaway
01-21-2012, 12:22 PM
At that same event Ron showed up and a write up of Gingrich's campaign imploding said that any organized campaign should be able to get 100 people there, that when Ron Paul spoke the crowd increased at least threefold and the people left afterwards.....(pity, cos the next guy was a veteran, not a politician, but at least they were there for Ron...)

01-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Let this sink in.

5 million watched the last debate

At the same time-

6 million watched Jersey Shore
18 million watched American Idol

Our country is screwed, nobody cares.

Giuliani was there on 911
01-21-2012, 12:39 PM

I don't think you can blame the sheeple. It's almost just like the Matrix. They're not aware of their enslavement. It's totally the media's fault. They were taught their whole lives to trust the media.

Danjlion7
01-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Watch the power of msm evaporate tonight as Ron Paul shocks the world.

This forum is going to be a party tonight.

OrbitzXT
01-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Watch the power of msm evaporate tonight as Ron Paul shocks the world.

This forum is going to be a party tonight.

I don't expect Ron Paul to take 2nd place tonight, but I am expecting him to finish stronger than the 13-15% he's been polling at. If he gets to upper teens or even in the twenties somehow then I'll be pleased. I just want Santorum to finish a decisive last so he drops out sooner than later. No giving him false hope.

phill4paul
01-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Let this sink in.

5 million watched the last debate

At the same time-

6 million watched Jersey Shore
18 million watched American Idol

Our country is screwed, nobody cares.

Reality is a bitch.

bolil
01-21-2012, 01:01 PM
//