PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul should dumb it down for the public

saeteurn
01-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I've been kinda studying Romney's and Dr. Paul's speeches and I've noticed that Romney connects better with the majority of the people even though Dr. Paul is totally honest with his message. A lot of times when Romney is asked a question, he dodges the question and then points out the flaws of Obama. Or when he is asked a question relating to the military, he dodges the question and then war mongers like when he was asked about the NDAA. Dr. Paul speaks with a political tongue. He uses a lot of political terms and he doesn't really go into detail on what it means to be free. (I don't really think he has to but some people still don't understand his message.) If Dr. Paul can somehow present his message in a different way, I think his votes with the older people would dramatically increase.

lib3rtarian
01-21-2012, 09:31 AM
I agree, but that's who Paul is. :-/

acptulsa
01-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Sounds good in the short term. Thing is, allowing people to run the most powerful republic the earth has ever seen with their brains in neutral is what has gotten us where we are today--in the crapper. I think we're doing the right thing trying to drag American political discourse out of the nursery and make an adult conversation of it.

guysenjem
01-21-2012, 09:38 PM
I kind of agree. I think he does mental gymnastics sometimes to explain his view. I think a straight shooting approach would work better. He also has been on his heels
he is being attacked. He should attack back in an angry tone. Lately he has been "too lovable" up there.

Let's take for example the Israel question and our aid and support to them. RP does mental gymnastics when he doesn't have too. He phrases things as if he has Israel in
best interest and is worried about THEIR soveriegnty. It wins he no votes and doesn't sway a single Israeli-firster. He should instead say that he is running for President
of the United States and is worried about our own soveriegnty and holds
our interests above all others including Israel. Clearly our involvement in the ME has been a disaster for us. Besides what right does our government have to take money
from us and give it to people in other countries. That's the role of charities. etc.