PDA

View Full Version : CNN Reliable Sources (Program): Discussion of RP's $4M

Give me liberty
11-11-2007, 09:47 AM
its going to be on soon, after those ads.

maxmerkel
11-11-2007, 09:48 AM
huh ?? what's that suposed to mean ?

Give me liberty
11-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Its live.

allyinoh
11-11-2007, 09:53 AM
It's not that hard to prove the funds come from valid sources and not places like George Soros.. lol..

All it takes is everyone to send a copy of their confirmation to one source for them to go through 40,000 donations! lol...

werdd
LMfao it started out all positive, then the misreported that he tied his fundraising to guy fawkes, it was his supporters us that did that

0zzy
what an asshat

maxmerkel
and what is this reliable sources thing about ??

0zzy
11-11-2007, 09:54 AM
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/reliable.sources/

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?25

Give me liberty
11-11-2007, 09:54 AM
WTF HES NO THREAT TO WIN THE GOP Nom? as in he doesnt have a chance :(
please people dont send any friendly letters to cnn, yet.

0zzy
11-11-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty disappointed that you truly misrepresented Ron Paul and spouted false information about his campaign. I only caught the last part, but just seeing that was enough for me to know this was a negative feature.

1) The campaign had nothing to do with Nov. 5th. It was from supporters who enjoyed V for Vendetta. So saying "Why would the campaign tie this fundraising day with Guy Fawks, who tried to KILL King James the 1ST!" As if the campaign is a violent movement.

2) Abolish the Social Security? I'm not sure what you said, sounded like you said this. This is very false information. He just wants to let young people opt out and save it by saving money from overseas to put into the program.

3) Abolishing the IRS, DOE, and income tax? More of a transitional period to phase them out. True nonetheless, but still needs the approval of congress if he ends up being elected.

4) He's 6% in national polls. If you are referring to CNN polls, he is 5%. Not exactly sure what polls you are looking at.

So please, stop trying to make his campaign sound insane, especially when you spew false information about it.

mailed

brandon13830
11-11-2007, 10:01 AM
mailed

nice

maxmerkel
11-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Dr. Paul does not want to "abolish" anything in a hard way, he wants to phase things out in a very intelligent way. get to learn his positions and read his speeches before doing a hit piece.

when you quote polls, why don't you quote CNN polls ?? he's at 5% nationally.

nov. 5th fundraiser had nothing to with the official campaign, it was an grassroots effort. you could at least mention this if you try to paint his campaign as a camp of crazy terrorists.

sent

foofighter20x
11-11-2007, 10:10 AM
1) The campaign had nothing to do with Nov. 5th. It was from supporters who enjoyed V for Vendetta. So saying "Why would the campaign tie this fundraising day with Guy Fawks, who tried to KILL King James the 1ST!" As if the campaign is a violent movement.

Looks like I apologized to the Nov 5th doofs a little too soon. :mad:

I TOLD YOU SO!

0zzy
11-11-2007, 10:11 AM

I TOLD YOU SO!

meh

Ron Paul Fan
11-11-2007, 10:13 AM
November 5th was a tremendous success and should be treated as such. The creators of the website and the people behind the whole idea should be commended, not criticized with "I told you so" or "You doofs" blah blah blah. This campaign has turned around and it's all thanks to November 5th. Also, personal attacks are frowned upon on this forum. I think of all people moderators should understand the rules and set a good example for all. Calling people doofs isn't setting a good example at all.

winston_blade
11-11-2007, 10:13 AM

I TOLD YOU SO!

The positive far outweighed the bad. I was a dissenter of Nov. 5th, but I recant my position now.

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I missed it. Did anyone happen to capture it?

richard1984
11-11-2007, 10:14 AM
The positive far outweighed the bad. I was a dissenter of Nov. 5th, but I recant my position now.

I like the money, but I think that the "theme" could have been a lot better.
At the same time, the "theme" may have been what attracted the huge number of donors...so it's hard to say.

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Who was saying all this horrible stuff? Was it Blitzer?

jake
11-11-2007, 10:16 AM
December 16th, 2007 will blow November 5th away!

richard1984
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
December 16th, 2007 will blow November 5th away!

Word. :D

And hopefully, by then, Ron Paul will be able to say with confidence, "Yes! There is a very strong chance that I will win the nomination."

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
C'mon folks. The 11/5 fundraiser is OVER. Yes, it probably could have been framed a little better, but the fundraising itself was a resounding success. Let's learn what we can from this, try not to replicate the negative aspects in future efforts and repeat the positive ones.

I look forward to the 2007 Boston Tea Party. :)

werdd
11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
mailed

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 09:22 PM
It doesn't seem nearly as bad to me as you guys claimed.

When we come back, Ron Paul's $4 million day. Have the media missed the appeal of this very unorthodox presidential candidate?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KURTZ: In the grand sweep of media attention for presidential contenders, Hillary and Rudy are up here, Obama and Romney may be here, and Ron Paul, way down at the bottom. The Republican congressman from Texas has largely been portrayed as a fringe candidate, a bit of a whack job, and good for comic relief at the debates.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE) RON PAUL (R), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Have you ever read about the reasons they attacked us? They attack us because we've been over there. We've been bombing Iraq for 10 years.

We dug a hole for ourselves an we dug a hole for our party! We're losing elections an we're going down next year if we don't change it, and it has all to do with foreign policy.

KURTZ (voice over): But this week, for the first time since, well, the first time, ever, Paul has gotten some positive media coverage. The reason? Money. More precisely, the fact that his campaign raised a phenomenal $4 million online in a single day, shattering the Republican record set by Mitt Romney.

Suddenly, like Aretha Franklin...

ARETHA FRANKLIN, SINGER (singing): What you want...

KURTZ: ... he was getting some respect.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The grassroots groundswell was brewing on the Internet for weeks, perhaps turning the long shot GOP candidate into a real contender.

KATIE COURIC, CBS NEWS: A lot of people may be watching this and hearing this and wondering, who is this guy?

TUCKER CARLSON, MSNBC: All of a sudden, the Ron Paul campaigns seems like the Ron Paul movement.

CHARLES GOYETTE, RADIO TALK SHOW HOST: Instead of a top-down movement, there is a bottom-up movement about Ron Paul, and it astonishes all the -- you know, the usual suspects in Washington.

KURTZ: And Paul started getting invitations to appear on talk shows.

KIRAN CHETRY, CNN ANCHOR: The big question is, how do you translate that money and lot of the buzz you've been getting into votes?

KURTZ: But little of the coverage has focused on Paul's views. He's an obstetrician who's delivered thousands of babies and some far- reaching opinions.

Paul is against the war in Iraq, yes, but also wants to pull out of the United Nations and get rid of free trade agreements. He's against abortion and also wants to abolish the Education Department, the Federal Reserve, the federal income tax, and Social Security taxes.

Oh, and how many candidates would tie their big fund-raising to Guy Fawkes Day, named for the man who tried to kill King James I by blowing up the British parliament in 1605?

(END VIDEOTAPE) KURTZ: At less than three percent in the national polls, Ron Paul isn't exactly a threat to win the GOP nomination, but what does it say about journalists that they were stunned that the man could strike gold on the Internet? It means we're so mesmerized by the top- tier candidates that we fail to notice one eccentric doctor who is touching a nerve out there.

Stealth4
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
kinda wierd the program is called "reliable sources"

ksuguy
11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I didn't think the Guy Fawkes comment in the article was all that negative. Most Americans would think someone trying to kill the king was a good thing. We did throw them out for a reason, and every year we celebrate that fact by blowing stuff up.

rasheedwallace
11-11-2007, 09:56 PM

I TOLD YOU SO!

so you would prefer they give the 4.3M back...?

the method worked. sit down.

kylejack
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
The doof fundraiser raised 4 million dollars and twice that in media attention, so let me know when you top it. Until then, kindly shut the fuck up and worry about Australian things.

cmc
11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
It's not that hard to prove the funds come from valid sources and not places like George Soros.. lol..
All I want to know is where I can get in on some of this George Soros action. Someone tell him to funnel some money my way!

me3
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM

I TOLD YOU SO!
Toughen up sweetheart, it is going to get a lot uglier when they actually start attacking Dr. Paul as a person, and for his political views in a daily manner.

Bottom line, if we hadn't raised that money that day, this campaign would be dead in the water, sitting around $3 million right now, and just hoping we could meet half of the expected 4thQ goal.

Trevor is a hero of the revolution, whether you approve of his methods or not, he's created an opportunity for the campaign to carry on with a full head of steam.

Cindy
11-11-2007, 10:35 PM
I had to laugh at the reporting that The official campaign came up with , organized and marketed a 4.3 million in one day fundraising drive, revolved around a pop culture movie.

I mean, just take a look at their on-line store....... roflmao My stomache hurts from laughing so hard.

Then, I laugh even harder when I think of a Fox interview of Paul where he carry's on about how he wanted to be Forest Ranger because he enjoys long walks in nature, yet switched to medicine because he knew he would be drafted and wanted to be a part of the healing not the killing in the war, and how his worst vice is his wifes chocolate chip cookies, how he listens to folk music and how he is strongly against this war .

Then these news hacks come along and try to asscociate him with promoting the bombing of parliament in a V for Vendetta movie fundraising drive?????

This stuff is tooooo rich with the ridiculous..........................

I think the NYT's reporter who had the headline

The Internet is taking Ron Paul for a Ride
was more on target!

Corydoras
11-11-2007, 10:44 PM
what does it say about journalists that they were stunned that the man could strike gold on the Internet? It means we're so mesmerized by the top- tier candidates that we fail to notice one eccentric doctor who is touching a nerve out there.

This is the first time I can remember the mainstream media suggesting that their coverage of Ron Paul may have been less than perfect. They may never admit to doing worse than that (let's hope they do), but this (admittedly minor) self-criticism is a significant moment.