PDA

View Full Version : TX-Security theater - Woman boards plane with .38 revolver.

Anti Federalist
01-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Shit...

Plane Left Gate With Gun on Board, DFW Airport Says
Updated: Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 3:27 PM CST
Published : Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 11:23 AM CST

By Alice Wolke | MYFOXDFW.COM

GRAPEVINE, Texas - A plane left the gate at DFW Airport with a gun on board before transportation officials alerted the pilot about the problem, FOX 4 has learned.

UPDATE: Airport Releases Surveillance Photo

Airport spokesman David Magana said a 65-year-old woman from Little Elm, Texas had a gun in her carry-on bag that got through the security checkpoint .

By the time the woman took her bag and walked away, a TSA agent scanning the D-30 checkpoint noticed the .38-caliber handgun.

Magana said the TSA shut down only the security checkpoint, not the entire terminal, and began searching the D concourse and other terminals for the woman.

At least 90 minutes elapsed before she was in custody, Magana said.

The plane, American Airlines flight 2385 to Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport, returned to the gate before it got on the runway.

It's not clear if the gun in the luggage was loaded.

The woman, identified as Judith P. Kenny, told police she had forgotten the gun was in her bag. She was arrested on weapons charges and released a few hours later.

TSA spokesman Luis Casanova told FOX 4 that no review of procedures was needed and that standard operating procedures were followed. No harm came to anyone, he said.

But airport passengers were clearly concerned and puzzled.

"It is amazing for the liquids they remove and the scrutiny they put you through. For something as blatant as a pistol to get through is unacceptable," one passenger said.

"You got toothpaste or anything they will stop you real quick, but a gun? They got to figure something out," another passenger said.

The security breach comes on the same day that the Homeland Security Department acknowledged that some TSA agents went too far by strip-searching two elderly women in New York.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Plane-Left-Gate-With-Gun-on-Board-DFW-Airport-Says-011812#ixzz1k6NC8rEh

phill4paul
01-21-2012, 08:45 AM
She was too young to raise the usual alarms. They generally look to octogenarians for strip searches.

ZanZibar
01-21-2012, 09:10 AM
At least 90 minutes elapsed before she was in custody, Magana said....
TSA spokesman Luis Casanova told FOX 4 that no review of procedures was needed and that standard operating procedures were followed. :eek::eek::eek:

If a gun gets on board an airplane when their primary job is to keep guns from getting on airplanes I would say that they just had a primary breakdown of procedures and should need to be reviewed!!! :mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:

pacelli
01-21-2012, 09:11 AM
I would have felt much safer if I was on the flight and everybody was packin' heat.

Anti Federalist
01-21-2012, 09:29 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

If a gun gets on board an airplane when their primary job is to keep guns from getting on airplanes I would say that they just had a primary breakdown of procedures and should need to be reviewed!!! :mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:

Thus the "theater".

None of this is about "security".

It's all about getting us dancing around like Step-N-Fechit, acclimating us to tyranny.

acptulsa
01-21-2012, 09:34 AM
I would have felt much safer if I was on the flight and everybody was packin' heat.

This. Or, at least, if there is one person on my flight who is packin', I surely do want it to be a sixty-five year old woman from Little Elm, Texas. One the one hand, I would trust her implicitly; on the other, I pity the foolish nineteen Saudi hijackers who mess with her.

Diurdi
01-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Or, at least, if there is one person on my flight who is packin', Well i'd say the captain. But either way, TSA failure again.

Why don't they just let the airports handle it themselves?

Ray
01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Well i'd say the captain. But either way, TSA failure again.

Why don't they just let the airports handle it themselves?

You must hate murrca and want more terrorist attacks!

MikeStanart
01-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Looks like they'll be much more intrusive with searches in Texas now!

More reason to avoid flying.

donnay
01-21-2012, 10:58 AM
It is also an exercise to make a mountain out of a mole hill...the pod people had to make sure they broadcasted this woman had (OMG!!!!!!) a GUN!! *FEAR* *FEAR* *FEAR* Isn't that the equivalent of yelling "Fire" in a crowded building? Besides I though air marshal's where employed on flights these days? I am so sure a pistol packing grandma had a plan to hijack a plane. :rolleyes:

AFPVet
01-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Fire the TSA... everyone should be armed! There is no better security program than vigilant, armed citizens.

Philhelm
01-21-2012, 01:30 PM
How the fuck could they not find a pistol when they can easily find a prostate? It's mind-boggling (or intentional! :eek:).

acptulsa
01-21-2012, 01:35 PM
How the fuck could they not find a pistol when they can easily find a prostate? It's mind-boggling (or intentional! :eek:).

What are you implying--that they like strip searching elderly women and want cover now that they've gotten some blowback for doing so?

Either your a conspiracy theorist, or there's no other logical explanation. I haven't decided which yet...

Philhelm
01-21-2012, 01:39 PM
What are you implying--that they like strip searching elderly women and want cover now that they've gotten some blowback for doing so?

Either your a conspiracy theorist, or there's no other logical explanation. I haven't decided which yet...

I think that TSA agents are either lizards or androids. I haven't decided which yet...

Danke
01-21-2012, 03:25 PM

I'd get off.

aGameOfThrones
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM
"It is amazing for the liquids they remove and the scrutiny they put you through. For something as blatant as a pistol to get through is unacceptable," one passenger said.

That's why we need more TSO employees. :rolleyes:

moderate libertarian
01-21-2012, 05:22 PM
She was too young to raise the usual alarms. They generally look to octogenarians for strip searches.

Could it be they have too much focus on checking private body parts of TX Americans' daughters, wives, girl friends, sons and forgot about external objects:

TX bill banning TSA from touching “anus, sexual organ, breast” is dead

Jun 30, 2011 ... Lawmakers in the Lone Star State adjourned their special session Wednesday
without passing SB 29, a bill that would have limited ...

http://www.examiner.com/libertarian-in-national/tx-bill-banning-tsa-from-touching-anus-sexual-organ-breast-is-dead

AFPVet
01-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Seriously though, what every happened to letting the states and private entities be in charge of security instead of a government monopoly?

bolil
01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
I expect they will have robes for us to wear around the airports soon... for easy access.