PDA

View Full Version : Front Page, Sunday New York Times, RP Photo!

llepard
11-11-2007, 09:27 AM
WOW!

Sure it's below the fold, but there it is on the front page of the NYT.

RP signing a poster in Philadelphia.

The Internet Finds Its Candidate.

With the help of the Internet, Republican Ron Paul's quest to become President has taken on a life of its own. A Republican, Mr. Paul (sic, should say Dr.), above, greeted supporters yesterday in Philadelphia.

Story on Page 22.

maxmerkel
11-11-2007, 09:32 AM
nice ! i need proof :eek:

rycodge
11-11-2007, 09:33 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/11/11/nytfrontpage/scan.jpg

MsDoodahs
11-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Wow, that is GREAT!

maxmerkel
11-11-2007, 09:36 AM
wow, great picture !

Brian Bailey
11-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Awesome.

tmg19103
11-11-2007, 10:10 AM
AWESOME! Another example of the success of this rally. Millions must read the Sunday NYT nationwide. The publicity from that front pag picture, as well as the other newspaper and news shows pays for this rally in free advertising who knows how many times over.

jake
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
exactly. that picture alone will introduce a ton of people to the freedom message !

max
11-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Without the V for Vendetta theme...Nov 5th would never have gotten off the ground..

Without Nov 5th...RP doesnt get on Wolf Blitzer and face the nation and FRONT page of NY Times....

Boy...did you Vendetta naysayers have it wrong!

max
11-11-2007, 10:21 AM
exactly. that picture alone will introduce a ton of people to the freedom message !

Cha ching!

llepard
11-11-2007, 11:28 AM
bump

constitutional
11-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm telling ya, he's catching on ya!

Green Mountain Boy
11-11-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.newseum.org/media/dfp/jpg11/lg/NY_NYT.jpg

constituent
11-11-2007, 11:35 AM
an intuitive individual posted this comment at ronpaulnation.com:

This is a fantastic opportunity. Everybody needs to read this article at nytimes.com and EMAIL it to as many people as possible. It’s a terrific, fair, and generally positive article, so it’s a good intro. We need to focus on getting it onto the Most Emailed list, and keep it there. When we get it there, that list stays in a prominent position on every page on nytimes.com … FREE ADVERTIZING!! Email it like you’ve never emailed before… but NOTE: You have to do the emailing from *within* the nytimes.com webpage.

Great advice!

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Is that autographed poster going up on ebay? :D

cmc
11-11-2007, 11:51 AM
By the way, what is the deal with so many media outlets calling him "Mr. Paul."

It's "Dr. Paul" to you geniuses. :D

runningdiz
11-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Yay!! keep the momentum going everyone and keep the money coming in!

Tom29
11-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Without the V for Vendetta theme...Nov 5th would never have gotten off the ground..

Without Nov 5th...RP doesnt get on Wolf Blitzer and face the nation and FRONT page of NY Times....

I must agree: I were wrong.
Happy now ??? :D

(I still dislike the movie though.)

RPatTheBeach
11-11-2007, 11:55 AM
pay your respects by giving the NYT appropriate increased traffic for good coverage:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/us/politics/11paul.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

constitutional
11-11-2007, 11:57 AM
I must agree: I were wrong.
Happy now ??? :D

(I still dislike the movie though.)

Don't worry I was bit skeptical too about it. And to think that the fundraiser took off because of this "v" thing is wrong. It would have raked in the same amount of money w/o the fear of media trying to ridicule it. I didn't want it to be the "howard dean's scream."

walt
11-11-2007, 11:58 AM
uhm, hello NYT, President is capital P - ugh

traviskicks
11-11-2007, 12:00 PM
posted on FreeRepublic.com here:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1923981/posts

RobotJaxxon
11-11-2007, 12:22 PM
By the way, what is the deal with so many media outlets calling him "Mr. Paul."

It's "Dr. Paul" to you geniuses. :D

It's "Mr.". Journalism convention is to not call a political figure "Dr.", because the doctoral degree rarely has anything to do with politics and it can be misleading. For example, Alan Greenspan has a Ph. D. but is always referred to as "Mr. Greenspan".

DeadheadForPaul
11-11-2007, 12:25 PM

Um...the reason we are getting attention is because we raised 4.3 million and broke records. Not because of some cult classic movie. The V theme only made us look like kooks. Many of us didnt care for the V theme but donated anyway

madcat033
11-11-2007, 01:22 PM

Yeah, all those people donated because of the stupid V theme...

It would have been just as successful without the bloody V's, thanks.

RonPaulForLife
11-11-2007, 01:47 PM

I wasn't a naysayer but I don't think it was the V for Vendetta theme that did it. What makes you think it so?

llepard
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
In a parallel universe, the crème de la crème of "celebrity" endorsements would be to have (at least) one of the Founding Fathers supporting Our Ron. Maybe there's a way we can play off that angle, since RP is becoming known as a "Constitutionalist".

(1) A graphic of the Founders, en masse, standing, staring back at the reader. "Who would they vote for?"

or

(2) Some ad (eg animated(?) Thomas Jefferson?), then:
"I'm Thomas Jefferson, and if I were alive today, I'd probably approve of this message!"

Some things may only be worth 2c. You judge.

You are onto something.

Here is the Advertisement that we are starting with.

Take a look and add comments.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31223&page=2

Primbs
11-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Good thing we didn't go to Valley Forge. Best political decision of the campaign: to go to Phili. To be on the front page New York Times is major. All the other media, newspapers, radio, TV all read the New York Times to see what is hot.

Even the USA Today reads the New York times to see what they are writing about.

Ron Paul's time is arriving.

Quote from Free Republic.

Still and all, Ron Paul’s candidacy is something to behold, all volunteer (more or less) with people being self directed is amazing and rewrites the Political “how to” book.

llepard
11-11-2007, 04:08 PM
McCain is against this type of stuff you know....

Yeah I know. It is kind of pushing the edge, but that is why I really like it. USA Today says it is protected under free speech.

There is nothing I would like more than to have it become a big First Amendment issue. Why? More FREE Publicity!

Who is to say I cannot speak out in favor of a candidate?

You can't put the milk back in the glass. This internet thing is changing the world and the old power structure is going down. The trend has changed.

I wrote an article on this over at Lew Rockwell.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/lepard1.html

Win_Witka
11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
If the pic goes up in ebay it would be nice to have Razmear run it being that he made $395 on the Ron Paul signed $20 bill hehehe

llepard
11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
bump

lastnymleft
11-11-2007, 08:06 PM
One very minor point: The founders - to the best of my knowledge - weren't partisan, nor envisaged such. I think that the ad speaks to ALL Americans, and Americans from across the political spectrum should be considered its target. The ad is about saying how far we've strayed from the original intent of the Constitution, and suggesting that the way to get back is by voting for Ron Paul. That's terrific.

So I'm wondering a little if it's really appropriate to include the line "The only Republican who can stop Hillary". It's the only line that seems a little incongruous with the rest of the message.

Other than that, my only comment about the ad is... where's the link to your chip-in!

Sematary
11-11-2007, 08:09 PM
even bigger is that the story that leads to is on page 22 and almost the entire page is Ron Paul. :)
They talk about the rally, the fifth of november, his stances on the issues, etc... very nice piece. Goddam newspaper cost me $5 $5? for a newspaper?

cswake
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Ditto, drop the Hillary part. It's what the politicians are doing and not the statesman. The message sells itself.

llepard
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
even bigger is that the story that leads to is on page 22 and almost the entire page is Ron Paul. :)
They talk about the rally, the fifth of november, his stances on the issues, etc... very nice piece. Goddam newspaper cost me $5 $5? for a newspaper?

INFLATION!

llepard
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Ditto, drop the Hillary part. It's what the politicians are doing and not the statesman. The message sells itself.

Done. The Hillary part is coming out.

xRedfoxx
11-11-2007, 08:28 PM
This is awesome!! All our hard work for the past several months is paying off big time now!!!

llepard
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Other than that, my only comment about the ad is... where's the link to your chip-in!

No time for a PAC. Go to Lord Xar's PAC and contribute there. He is running the same message.