PDA

View Full Version : My Letter to the Editor of the Chattanooga Times Free Press

glts
06-18-2007, 09:02 AM
My letter to the editor was published today in my local newspaper. :) The Chattanooga Times Free Press editor had written a terrible letter about Ron Paul a week ago.:mad: I wanted to say more in my letter by it could only be 200 words or less.

"America has strayed far from the America that our Founding Fathers envisioned. There is hope though! Dr. Ron Paul is running for president. Ron Paul's Congressional voting record speaks for itself at a near 100% pro-Constitution. His refusal to compromise is legendary. Ron Paul has stated that he believes in limited government and that the purpose of government is to protect liberty not to run our lives, run the economy or police the world. When asked recently if it were true that he only voted affirmative on things that could be directly sited from the Constitution, Ron Paul answered “That is true. That is my oath of office. Sometimes it bothers me because there are some things I would like to do and I can’t do because I am not authorized to do it. But I think you have to follow the rule of law and if you can make exceptions for it there is nothing left of the Constitution and I’m afraid that is where we are today.” It would be very hard to find a man or woman in Washington today that would take their oath of office that seriously. Ron Paul is a breath of fresh air."

DjLoTi
06-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Awesome! :) Great job!! :)

LibertyCzar
06-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Fantastic! That's a good letter. I saw a letter in my local paper a week or so ago. I've been trying to get one in the LA Times, but so far, I haven't seen it.

MsDoodahs
06-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Congratulations on getting your letter in!

And it's a very good letter, too!

angelatc
06-18-2007, 09:53 AM
MItt ROmney was in Chicago for a fundraiser. (Open bar - who da thunk a Mormon would host an open bar event?)

Anyway, the political writer in the "Daily Herald" which is a small suburb paper interviewed him.

I wrote to him, told him I liked the interview, hoped to see more of them, and was especially interested in Ron Paul. I also suggested that the paper archive the series for easy reference when the elections came closer.

He wrote back and said that he invites all candidates as they travel through the area, but Romney was the first candidate to accept the offer.

I thought that was a good sign, and I got the name Ron Paul in their political writer's head.