PDA

View Full Version : Secret Service investigating Jewish newspaper column that discussed Obama assassination

YumYum
01-20-2012, 08:26 PM
By Judson Berger

Published January 20, 2012

| FoxNews.com

The Secret Service said it is looking into a recent op-ed from an Atlanta publisher that floated the idea of green-lighting Israeli Mossad agents to assassinate President Obama in order to improve Israel's security against enemies like Iran.

The publisher and author, Andrew Adler, reportedly has apologized.

But Jewish advocacy groups condemned his comments as "outrageous," and Secret Service spokesman George Ogilvie said the agency is "aware" of the incident.

"We're conducting the appropriate investigative steps," he told FoxNews.com.

Ogilvie would not comment on whether Adler has been contacted or whether his column was deemed a potential threat to the president.

In the Jan. 13 column in the Atlanta Jewish Times, Adler floated three scenarios for how Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would deal with a nuclear Iran and other threats in the region.

Adler wrote that Israel could order a strike on Hezbollah and Hamas, or a strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

A third option, he wrote, would be to "give the go-ahead for U.S.-based Mossad agents to take out a president deemed unfriendly to Israel in order for the current vice president to take his place, and forcefully dictate that the United States' policy includes its helping the Jewish state obliterate its enemies."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/20/secret-service-investigating-jewish-newspaper-column-that-discussed-obama/

Article at Haaretz.com: http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/uproar-after-jewish-american-newspaper-publisher-suggests-israel-assassinate-barack-obama-1.408429

Article at ynetnews.com: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4178513,00.html

ronpablo
01-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Jesus Christ, I don't care who our president is, if a foreign nation or their agents assasinates a US president, I'm signing up for military duty to get as many of those fuckers as possible. Throw this jerk in jail for a year-five to let him think over his mistake.

Pat Buchanan Conservative
01-20-2012, 08:36 PM
This only means Obama will get even closer to Israel out of fear. This should also be sobering news for Ron Paul on the danger of taking on the pro-Israel lobby.

YumYum
01-20-2012, 08:52 PM
It would be interesting to see if Adler, the editor who made the threat, gets off with a slap on the wrist. Mind you, this newspaper is not on the net; so nobody but Jews read it. Another interesting note is that Adler states “Yes, you read “three correctly”. Order a hit on a president in order to preserve Israel’s existence. Think about it. If I have thought of this Tom-Clancy-type scenario, don’t you think that this almost unfathomable idea has been discussed in Israel’s most inner circles?” (assassinating Obama). Just recently, a man in Mississippi called up drunk a hospital and threatened to blow it up and kill Obama because the hospital wouldn't do surgery on his ailing wife. He was facing 15 years, but got 10 months. What sentence will Adler get? Or, will saying "I'm sorry" suffice?

Mississippi man gets 10 months in prison for Obama threat

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20111216/NEWS/111216005/Mississippi-man-gets-10-months-prison-Obama-threat

moderate libertarian
01-20-2012, 08:56 PM
By Judson Berger

Published January 20, 2012

| FoxNews.com

The Secret Service said it is looking into a recent op-ed from an Atlanta publisher that floated the idea of green-lighting Israeli Mossad agents to assassinate President Obama in order to improve Israel's security against enemies like Iran.

Few points:

* In light of such sentiments by a US news paper publisher, if Obama suddenly attacked Iran, perhaps Congress should investigate to make sure that Obama or his immediate family were not being threatened/blackmailed by any foreign lobbies or their US agents.

* Senator Lieberman and Israeli lobby AIPAC have been some of loudest voices to put pressure on US politicians/military to attack Iran. Perhaps it would be prudent if both called on Israeli regime to make a public declaration that its agencies were prohibited from assassinating foreign heads of state..certainly of their main sugar daddy that funds their existence pretty much.

* Could any Israeli supporter in US news media have had the nerve to make similar blatant assassination threat against President Bush?
If not, why the difference in attitudes?

* Is there need for a Congressional investigation if Obama was intimidated/blackmailed by any foreign country or their agents in America to suddenly and quietly drop espionage prosecution of top AIPAC leadership after he was elected? President Bush had started prosecution of this powerful Israeli lobby's top leaders for espionage against America around 2005 probably having seen results of Iraq blunder. Their likely agenda was to push America to attack Iran soon after Iraq invasion.

Justice Dept. Drops AIPAC Spy Case
May 1, 2009
The New York Times:
The Obama Justice Department moved Friday to drop all charges against two former pro-Israel lobbyists who had been charged under the Espionage Act with improperly disseminating sensitive information.

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20090501_justice_dept_drops_aipac_spy_case/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaW8zC4LZA

onlyrp
01-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Jews in Fox News couldn't block this hit piece?

milo10
01-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I can't even express how insane this is.

moderate libertarian
01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
onlyrp, why would you say that? Fox is pro war gung ho but I believe its ownership is Christian. In the past, Fox has done extensive news stories on Israeli espionage activities in America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aUzuzs2oC0&feature=related

milo10
01-20-2012, 10:04 PM
onlyrp, why would you say that? Fox is pro war gung ho but I believe its ownership is Christian. In the past, Fox has done extensive news stories on Israeli espionage activities in America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfBc7N11vRU&feature=related

Props to Fox for that story, but my understanding is that those videos were quickly pulled from the Fox News site.

moderate libertarian
01-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Props to Fox for that story, but my understanding is that those videos were quickly pulled from the Fox News site.

The shocking statement by Fox news reporter at 2:15 mark in this other clip may explain the reasons for that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aUzuzs2oC0&feature=player_detailpage#t=112s

If some poster tries to make inflamtory post to get this thread removed from this section, hopefully mods would remove that single post from here and not the whole thread.

thoughtomator
01-20-2012, 10:29 PM
This is so telegraphed... the economy will crash, we'll go under martial law, the Jews will be blamed (because the Israel fixation of mostly Christian neo-cons in foreign policy is no small part of what is driving our bankruptcy), and we're going to have a nice neat little Holocaust right here at home.

schiffheadbaby
01-20-2012, 10:30 PM
This is so telegraphed... the economy will crash, we'll go under martial law, the Jews will be blamed (because the Israel fixation of mostly Christian neo-cons in foreign policy is no small part of what is driving our bankruptcy), and we're going to have a nice neat little Holocaust right here at home.

spare me

milo10
01-21-2012, 01:28 AM

Please, make it stop....

Knightskye
01-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Jesus Christ, I don't care who our president is, if a foreign nation or their agents assasinates a US president, I'm signing up for military duty to get as many of those fuckers as possible. Throw this jerk in jail for a year-five to let him think over his mistake.

This, minus throwing him in jail. Abiding by free speech means even what he said is protected speech.

John F Kennedy III
01-21-2012, 06:47 AM
That's the last time I give an interview to a jewish newspaper...

A Son of Liberty
01-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Why was my post deleted??

SurfsUp
01-21-2012, 07:54 AM

I guess rupert murdoch's mom's maiden name is green. Regardless he had to play ball to get past the fcc. That means no criticism of israel most likely. I mean I never if rarely see it on their. Do you?

moderate libertarian
01-21-2012, 07:08 PM
I guess rupert murdoch's mom's maiden name is green. Regardless he had to play ball to get past the fcc. That means no criticism of israel most likely. I mean I never if rarely see it on their. Do you?

Not lately but that does not mean there are sincerely pro Israel.

Fox is probably like "pro Israel" evangelicals who hold big rallies for Israel but are not trusted by many Jewish Americans who remain a democratic voting block.

moderate libertarian
01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
So far Obama's people have not prosecuted or drone bombed him but he has resigned:

Editor who suggested Mossad murder Obama quits

WASHINGTON— Globe and Mail Update
Published Monday, Jan. 23, 2012 6:59PM EST

Andrew Adler, the newspaper editor who publicly opined that Israel might want its Mossad agents to murder President Barack Obama for his failure to wage war on Iran, quit Monday after a global furor erupted over his comments.

According to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, Mr. Adler said he was handling over ‘day-to-day’ operations of the Atlanta Jewish Times to a subordinate. He also said he was looking for a buyer. Mr. Adler, owns, publishes and edits the monthly paper where his Jan. 13 column appeared discussing options that might be considered by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/editor-who-suggested-mossad-murder-obama-quits/article2312325/

Brian Coulter
01-24-2012, 09:02 PM
* In light of such sentiments by a US news paper publisher, if Obama suddenly attacked Iran, perhaps Congress should investigate to make sure that Obama or his immediate family were not being threatened/blackmailed by any foreign lobbies or their US agents.

I'd say that ship has already sailed, wouldn't you?

ConCap
01-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Jews in Fox News couldn't block this hit piece?

This is a political forum
Zionist is political,
Jew is racist.

moderate libertarian
01-24-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd say that ship has already sailed, wouldn't you?

Yes, I would.

moderate libertarian
01-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Although Drudge decided to not cover Andrew Adler's threat to Obama, this headline he posted today would still be filed under uncomfortable timing:

Published 19:18 31.01.12 Latest update 19:18 31.01.12

Mossad chief holds secret U.S. meetings on Iran nuclear threat, Senate panel reveals

During a broadcasted meeting of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, CIA Director, panel Chairperson indicate they met Tamir Pardo in Washington this week; U.S. official: Iran willing to attack U.S. targets if threatened.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/mossad-chief-holds-secret-u-s-meetings-on-iran-nuclear-threat-senate-panel-reveals-1.410233

Uncomfortable silence
Mainstream American media's muted response to the veiled threat made against Obama by a Jewish extremist is baffling and shocking

By George S. Hishmeh, Special to Gulf News
Published: 00:00 January 26, 2012

It is unbelievable, actually bewildering, that an American newspaperman should suggest that one of three options facing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the conflict with Iran is to assassinate the US president. Although he did not mention Barack Obama by name, all those who read the column felt he was the target.

But what is equally appalling is the failure of the American media, by and large, to cover this shocking development that surfaced two weeks ago on a website. It hardly attracted national attention except within the influential American Jewish community and the American Jewish media, since the author of the column was the Jewish publisher and editor of the Atlanta Jewish Times.

An Arab-American who runs a think-tank in Washington, but refused to be identified, wondered, in an email sent to me, what the consequences would have been had the author been an Arab-American. Certainly, the uproar would have been sky-high.

http://gulfnews.com/opinions/columnists/uncomfortable-silence-1.971264

moderate libertarian
04-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Surprising tone for a right leaning paper:

Israel’s dogs of war are straining at the leash to attack Iran – can Barack Obama stop them?

By Con Coughlin
05 Apr 2012

In an ideal world, President Obama would far rather postpone the festering issue of Iran’s nuclear programme until well after the conclusion of this year’s presidential contest. Unfortunately, Mr Obama is not going to be afforded this luxury, unless there is a radical change in the way Iran approaches the deepening global crisis over its nuclear ambitions.

The only reason we have not, in recent days, woken up to discover that Israeli warplanes have launched a devastating series of bombing raids against Iran’s nuclear facilities is because of the personal appeal Mr Obama made to the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, when he visited the White House last month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9188515/Israels-dogs-of-war-are-straining-at-theleash-to-attack-Iran-can-Barack-Obama-stop-them.html

HOLLYWOOD
04-05-2012, 06:31 PM
WOW... but as we've seen the Israeli spies tied to the Congress woman Jane Harmon case, all of the charges and investigations mysteriously cease.

An excerpt: "...Administrators of the DEA, INS, & FBI, have all told FOX NEWS, To pursue or even suggest Israeli spying through COMMVERSE, is career suicide. AND sources say various FBI inquiries into COMMVERSE have been conducted over the years, THEY'VE BEEN HALTED, BEFORE THE ACTUAL EQUIPMENT HAS EVER BEEN THOROUGHLY TESTED FOR LEAKS."

"1999 document from the FCC stated that too many unauthorized, non law enforcement, can access the Wire-Tap' system. While sources say there's a turf-war at the FBI... ...handful of law enforcement officials awarding COMMVERSE-Infosys contracts OVER THE YEARS, now work for the company."

moderate libertarian
04-06-2012, 10:59 PM
WOW... but as we've seen the Israeli spies tied to the Congress woman Jane Harmon case, all of the charges and investigations mysteriously cease.

An excerpt: "...Administrators of the DEA, INS, & FBI, have all told FOX NEWS, To pursue or even suggest Israeli spying through COMMVERSE, is career suicide. AND sources say various FBI inquiries into COMMVERSE have been conducted over the years, THEY'VE BEEN HALTED, BEFORE THE ACTUAL EQUIPMENT HAS EVER BEEN THOROUGHLY TESTED FOR LEAKS."

"1999 document from the FCC stated that too many unauthorized, non law enforcement, can access the Wire-Tap' system. While sources say there's a turf-war at the FBI... ...handful of law enforcement officials awarding COMMVERSE-Infosys contracts OVER THE YEARS, now work for the company."

Good point.

Only thing I would add is that Obama quietly dropping espionage prosecution of Israeli agents in US is not too mysterious if we look at money trail of Obama election campaign funding.