PDA

View Full Version : Why the federal drug war should end...from a moral standpoint.

Pat Buchanan Conservative
01-20-2012, 07:13 PM
I think the states should deal with the drug issue. I've never done drugs in my life (including alcohol and cigarettes) but I think all the waste of taxpayer money is foolish, along with the manpower and time from our law enforcement being a drain. The family should deal with any drug addiction from family members, NOT the federal government. This has just been yet again another federal government power grab. Plus I think our 'corporate' prison system enjoys having new 'customers' to take their rights from, including their rights to vote and have a gun. This works well for our elitists who think only they have those rights. Finally, those who are put in jail for drug charges often emerge very hateful towards the society that put them there in the first place, making it more likely for them to take part in future violent crimes. Let me say this though. Just as with drunk driving if you kill someone under the influence of drugs I think it should be a capital punishment and none of this, "I was not in my right mind..." jazz.

Note: I support Ron Paul on this but don't agree with him saying that the prison system is racist towards African-Americans.

mrsat_98
01-20-2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.doj.state.wi.us/cvs/trafficking.asp

i. Controlling any individual's access to an addictive controlled substance; or hmmm seems the drug war is actually an element of the crime called human trafficking.