PDA

View Full Version : no daily updates from TeaParty07?

K1RBY
11-11-2007, 08:31 AM
the daily updates in subscribers sent out by ThisNovember5th.com were great...it excited & reminded people daily how big this was getting.

is TeaParty07.com gonna do this?

austin356
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I sure hope not, count me out if there are daily updates.

I want to be able to send this link to family members and people who really are not die hard supporters. I refuse to send them to a sign up that will send them emails they dont want. That is spam, at least by my definition.

I said bi-weekly in another thread, but I am cool with weekly.

K1RBY
11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
anyone who signs up to give ron paul $100, is not going to be annoyed to hear how many others are signing up, once a day.

kylejack
11-12-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm unsubscribing if there's daily e-mails.

Visual
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
most people (myself included) hate daily emails. Weekly is fine, bi-weekly preferable.

I remember biden's (yeah....) site would send out email every other day if not every day, and it was useless uninformative drivel and I hated it. I love weekly things because they have more material and are generally more informative.

austin356
11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
anyone who signs up to give ron paul $100, is not going to be annoyed to hear how many others are signing up, once a day.

actually the opposite. I will hopefully be signing up a dozen or so people and can assure you everyone of them would very much dislike daily emails.

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Weekly is nice

xRedfoxx
11-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I like the updates...helps keep me motivated!!

Vvick727
11-12-2007, 12:23 PM
how about options?

SwordOfShannarah
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I'll keep the emails to once every few days for a while. I'll say so in the emails (after todays which is already in que) so that people won't miss them and wonder if something is wrong. Eventually- as we hit the home stretch I'll bump it up to everyday.

There is always a thing called a filter, you can send all the emails directly into a folder if you don't want them hitting your inbox. Please look for solutions like this before protesting. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Man from La Mancha
11-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Make it optional. So the ones that want to partake and maybe suggest improvements and spreading the word thru PR stunts can be involved and typically let the other 80% sit on their butts and not be "bothered" with viewing or deleting one more email that is trying to get freedom elected.

austin356
11-12-2007, 12:56 PM
There is always a thing called a filter, you can send all the emails directly into a folder if you don't want them hitting your inbox. Please look for solutions like this before protesting. Technology is a wonderful thing.

A majority of internet users have trouble setting up a gmail account, let alone know how to use the features. And then lets say they do know how to send emails to a folder, what happens on December 15/16th when there is no reminder in their top inbox?

Greatest problem with the meetup group system: The groups send out too many emails, then group members start ignoring emails, then a majority of group members dont know what the heck is going on. Same fundamental principal applies here.