PDA

View Full Version : Santorum's false argument re: Paul's donations from active military

Bruno
01-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Santorum was on Hannity bashing Paul's foreign policy stance, saying, "if you want a good measure of what the military feels, look at enlistment, which is way up.".

That only makes Ron's case. More people may be enlisting, but once active, more support Ron Paul than all other candidates combined, including Obama.

+ rep to jct74 for the audio

here's the audio, go to about 7:30
http://www.hannity.com/videos/?uri=channels/400391/1586619

Ronulus
01-20-2012, 05:27 PM
enlistment is way up because the economy sucks and jobs are scarce. The military is a guaranteed paycheck. Santorum is a moron.

RickyJ
01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Santorum was on Hannity bashing Paul's foreign policy stance, saying, "if you want a good measure of what the military feels, look at enlistment, which is way up.".

That only makes Ron's case. More people may be enlisting, but once active, more support Ron Paul than all other candidates combined, including Obama.

Enlistment is up because it is very hard to find a job these days! It is not up because people care about these wars.

Schiff_FTW
Umm Rick, enlistment is up because the unemployment rate is so high. Take away the paychecks and see how many people sign up :rolleyes:

bluesc
That would just be a result of a crappy economy... and too many kids obsessed over Battlefield 3.

If you want a measure of what the military and veterans feel, look at the suicide rate.

RickyJ
01-20-2012, 05:29 PM
enlistment is way up because the economy sucks and jobs are scarce. The military is a guaranteed paycheck. Santorum is a moron.

I guess I am too slow at posting, the second time today I got beat. :D

Bruno
01-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Agree with all above.

I guess I am too slow at posting, the second time today I got beat. :D

Sorry! +rep to you anyway. :)

olehounddog
01-20-2012, 05:39 PM
That would just be a result of a crappy economy... and too many kids obsessed over Battlefield 3.

If you want a measure of what the military and veterans feel, look at the suicide rate.
Been propaganda on all day on the suicide rate. Crawlers on news channels saying that according to generals the suicide rate has leveled off.

flightlesskiwi
01-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Been propaganda on all day on the suicide rate. Crawlers on news channels saying that according to generals the suicide rate has leveled off.

hahaha! "leveled off" after increasing for 10 years, eh??

generals will say anything, to cover their arses. generals are unelected politicians in uniform, of that i am fully convinced.

Todd
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I've been in the military for many years. It was very hard to recruit for several years when the economy was good. Lots of bonuses and perks for joining to do certain jobs. Now...the numbers in many units are going way up and it's very young kids who can't find work. Santorum should STFU and speak on only those things he knows about like teh geh and teh Mooslims

Schiff_FTW
01-20-2012, 05:43 PM

Wasn't that strange last night how Santorum started going off about how Vietnam veterans had a tough time adjusting to society when they got home, and then tried to use that as a reason for more war?

Must make perfect sense in a neocon's brain.

Todd
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM
hahaha! "leveled off" after increasing for 10 years, eh??

generals will say anything, to cover their arses. generals are unelected politicians in uniform, of that i am fully convinced.

yeah...ok....when we have to stop watching Suicide prevention training films I will believe this.

travelerru
01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Listening to Hannity on my way home today (around 5:15 ET). Santorum was on there getting the usual softball questions from Sean. The conversation turns to foreign policy. I don't have his direct quote (I was driving) but Santorum declared that he was bothered by Ron Paul's claim of military support. He argued that high rates of re-enlistment were proof that military men and women clearly support his brand of foreign policy. Of course, Hannity was in complete agreement. Now, I realize that this is complete BS, but it is an argument that they'll probably start bringing up on the trail.

I don't have tube of this. What's the best way to grab one?

nano1895
01-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Hey Santorum+Hannity Maybe it's because veteran's have the highest unemployment rate and they can't find a job as a civilian? herp derp

sailingaway
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Or they believe in the job, but that it should be used properly.

Kords21
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Of course Santorum was bothered by it, he's overly sensitive about the fact that the troops don't support him and his quest for WW3.

IterTemporis
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
How do they explain 2008 then? He also had the most military donations then.

MikeStanart
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I've also heard someone say: "Oh, well the Ron Paul campaign is purposefully targeting military members for donations". blah blah blah they'll try and come up with ANY excuse.

Ranger29860
01-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Hey Santorum+Hannity Maybe it's because veteran's have the highest unemployment rate and they can't find a job as a civilian? herp derp

Yep ... When I and others got out we were constantly ragged on about how we will see our Army buddies in 6 months when we are forced to reenlist in order to get a job. Most that stay in now have a wife and kids and need the job to even survive.

Havax
You mean to tell me the troops don't support this guy?
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/joshua_green/santorum_richard.jpg

Ilhaguru
They are both sick individuals beyond any hope.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-20-2012, 06:03 PM
I've also heard someone say: "Oh, well the Ron Paul campaign is purposefully targeting military members for donations". blah blah blah they'll try and come up with ANY excuse.

The thing on FreeRepublic is usually: "well, anyone can list any occupation. Ron Paul supporters could be lying or it could be civilians working for the army."

They'll twist themselves into pretzels spinning, before some of these Ron Paul-hating "conservatives" admit that Paul has any military support.

malkusm
01-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't high re-enlistment rates demonstrate approval for Obama's foreign policy, and not Santorum/neocon foreign policy?*

*Note, I know they are the same, but the neocons are always trying to portray it like there's some sharp contrast between the two...

Ranger29860
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
You mean to tell me the troops don't support this guy?
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/joshua_green/santorum_richard.jpg

Holy crap he looks like a young Dahmer

Paulatized
01-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah, it seems Santorum is "overly sensitive" to the "Ron Paul Factor." His frustration with trying to deal with it is quite obvious and at sometimes humorous, if you can stand to watch it.

markese20
01-20-2012, 06:11 PM
3 of my friends joined the military because they looked for a job for over a year and couldn't find one

Kords21
01-20-2012, 06:12 PM
As a veteren myself, I'm highly offended that Hannity and Santorum would question our troops like this. To belittle them cause they don't support their views is highly insulting. These two clowns have nothing for their country except wrap themselves in the flag and profit from their "patriotism". All the time on Hannity's shows he's referred to as a "great American", what the hell is so great about this guy? What sacrifices has he ever made for our country? "Conservatives" like Hannity and Santorum are why I'm done with the Republican party after Ron Paul has his run through it. Insulting our troops like that is quite low, even for these scumballs.

Warmon
01-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Santorum saying, "if you want a good measure of what the military feels, look at enlistment, which is way up.".

More people are enlisting cause there are too few jobs and very little opportunities....duh!

Keith and stuff
01-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Enlistment is up because it is very hard to find a job these days! It is not up because people care about these wars.

Wow, where do you live?

JJ2
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Enlistment is up? I thought Santorum considers Obama to be a "defense-slashing, weak on foreign policy, anti-war liberal"??? How would higher enlistment help his foreign policy argument???

Feelgood
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Holy crap he looks like a young Dahmer

Looks more like McLovin :D

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/rick-santorum-looks-like-mclovin.jpg

Kords21
01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Maybe that's where he got the sweater vest from

ronpaulhemp
01-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Santorum doesn't seem to understand that the REASON enlistment is up is because those are the only jobs available and the economy sucks. If he wants a real measure of how the military really feels, he should look at Ron Paul's top donors...

Jingles
01-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm going to burst a blood vessel if I have to listen to/read anything this man has said ever again. I HATE WITH AN ABSOLUTE PASSION when he talks about PA as a Pennsylvanian. YOU DON'T REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF PENNSYLVANIANS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU IDIOT!? There are very few people that I have truly hated in my life and Rick Santorum is one of them. I can't even construct an argument to his idiocy simply because of how enraging it is for me to do so.

nowwearefree
01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm going to burst a blood vessel if I have to listen to/read anything this man has said ever again. I HATE WITH AN ABSOLUTE PASSION when he talks about PA as a Pennsylvanian. YOU DON'T REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF PENNSYLVANIANS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU IDIOT!? There are very few people that I have truly hated in my life and Rick Santorum is one of them. I can't even construct an argument to his idiocy simply because of how enraging it is for me to do so.

Yes, I stayed in Philly with my friend a couple of years ago, and absolutely love the city, absolutely fall in love with it.
I always think of living there if i could find a job there, yet when Santorum talk about how PA loves him etc, it starts to make me wonder, if PA the place I would like to live, are most people Santorum fans? If so , I can never live there.

That is honestly how i felt, and how i am currently feeling right now

Jingles
01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes, I stayed in Philly with my friend a couple of years ago, and absolutely love the city, absolutely fall in love with it.
I always think of living there if i could find a job there, yet when Santorum talk about how PA loves him etc, it starts to make me wonder, if PA the place I would like to live, are most people Santorum fans? If so , I can never live there.

That is honestly how i felt, and how i am currently feeling right now

No. We hate him with a passion. I know many of extremely socially conservative Republicans that voted for Bob Casey, Jr. in 2006 because how much they hated him. If that's the social conservative block you can only imagine what the rest of the state thinks about him. He lost is last election by 18%.

I'm a NE PA native, but I love Philly. It's really the only city I have enjoyed discounting the normal issues with cities (gun control).

freshjiva
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Not only does the economy suck, but tuition for those money machines we call colleges are skyrocketing as well. Enlisting takes care of both perils.

You wont hear Santorum try to use that one during the debates, though, because he knows its flawed logic and Ron would publicly expose it right there on national tv.

r3volution
01-20-2012, 07:37 PM
"enlistment in the military is up because people want a war in Iran" -Rick Santorum

Machiavelli
01-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Santorum is idiot douch who loves to kill brown people

PaulConventionWV
01-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Listening to Hannity on my way home today (around 5:15 ET). Santorum was on there getting the usual softball questions from Sean. The conversation turns to foreign policy. I don't have his direct quote (I was driving) but Santorum declared that he was bothered by Ron Paul's claim of military support. He argued that high rates of re-enlistment were proof that military men and women clearly support his brand of foreign policy. Of course, Hannity was in complete agreement. Now, I realize that this is complete BS, but it is an argument that they'll probably start bringing up on the trail.

I don't have tube of this. What's the best way to grab one?

This is the problem with all these TV and radio personalities. It doesn't matter what they say, they won't get called out on it because there is nobody there to fact check them until after they have done the damage.

KramerDSP
01-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Philly is awesome, but the wage tax is murder.

jct74
01-20-2012, 08:12 PM

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2012, 08:13 PM
This^^

Bruno
01-20-2012, 08:14 PM

+ rep, thank you!

Added to OP

COpatriot
01-20-2012, 08:28 PM
On Hannity's Fox show now.

Haha! He's complaining about his Google problem now! Claims they "have a political agenda".

The Goat
01-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Yea, the agenda's called make sure his crazy ass doesn't get elected.

Haha! He's complaining about his Google problem now! Claims they "have a political agenda".

Nate
01-20-2012, 08:51 PM

Newsflash: Moron doesn't understand how Google works.