PDA

View Full Version : Bankrupt Solyndra Caught Destroying Brand New Parts

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Millions of dollars of brand new, original packaging, high tech specialty glass tubes, being unpacked and thrown into dumpsters. This is how the Obama Administration handles business. "Gee, we couldn't find anyone to sell them to." Sound familiar? That's what they are saying about all of the houses that Freddie and Fannie now own.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/01/19/bankrupt-solyndra-caught-destroying-brand-new-parts/

FREMONT (CBS 5) — After filing for bankruptcy last year, Fremont solar company Solyndra still owes American taxpayers half a billion dollars. But CBS 5 caught them destroying millions of dollars worth of parts.

At Solyndra’s sprawling complex in Fremont, workers in white jumpsuits were unwrapping brand new glass tubes used in solar panels last week. They are the latest, most cutting-edge solar technology, and they are being thrown into dumpsters.

Forklifts brought one pallet after another piled high with the carefully packaged glass. Slowly but surely it all ended up shattered.

Video:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6657502

youngbuck
01-20-2012, 05:26 PM
I was just going to make a thread about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o9t9ERNBYU

123tim
01-20-2012, 06:38 PM
That's sickening.
I could have used some of those tubes :(

Ebay bidders would have snatched them up.

ghengis86
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Do you know what you can do with aluminum tubes

123tim
01-20-2012, 07:39 PM

Lots of things.
Do you have some?

Zippyjuan
01-20-2012, 07:46 PM

Make rocket launchers?

What a waste!

NewRightLibertarian
01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Just heard a TV ad for Obama touting how his green jobs are saving the economy right before I clicked this thread. Too bad there's actually people out there who believe this shit

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2012, 07:56 PM
That's sickening.
I could have used some of those tubes :(

Ebay bidders would have snatched them up.

What? Open and competitive markets? No such thing in Obama's America (sponsored by JP Sachs).

milo10
01-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Absolutely disgusting. Thank you for sharing this!

123tim
01-20-2012, 08:42 PM
What? Open and competitive markets? No such thing in Obama's America (sponsored by JP Sachs).

I would have even snatched that broken piece out of the reporters hand. :) Sometimes I feel that people who try to make and do things are being phased out in this country.

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2012, 09:13 PM
I would have even snatched that broken piece out of the reporters hand. :) Sometimes I feel that people who try to make and do things are being phased out in this country.

I suppose it says something about waste and our disposable society. Our country is run by billionaires, who would not waste the time to bend over and pick up a one ounce gold Eagle on the ground if they walked past it.

SurfsUp
01-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Maybe it's being sent to china to be remade and sold here all over again?

You should see what leaves from the port of long beach

Carole
01-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Solyndra was never meant to be anything more than a money laundering operation; a scheme to get money for Obama's big donors into their hands.

There is only one reason to purposefully select a failing company for a half-billion dollar subsidy. That purpose is to use it fraudulently for political or other criminal purposes.

Where is the "media"? As we all know, they will not report this honestly for what it truly is.

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2012, 01:24 PM
They are doing such a good job over at Solyndra, they want bonuses!

Solyndra has reportedly asked a bankruptcy court to greenlight a plan to give the company’s remaining employees bonuses. The company, which filed for bankruptcy in September and laid off 1,100 workers, said the bonuses are necessary to retain current employees while the embattled solar panel maker works to attract buyers.

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/205329-house-republicans-press-obama-to-decry-solyndra-bonuses

123tim
01-21-2012, 02:32 PM
They are doing such a good job over at Solyndra, they want bonuses!

Boy that sounds familiar......
Didn't something like this happen during the bailouts?
I remember something almost exactly along those lines.

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Boy that sounds familiar......
Didn't something like this happen during the bailouts?
I remember something almost exactly along those lines.

Yep, bonuses at Goldman Sachs!

Unfortunately, despite many people's absolute belief in economic Darwinism, failure is often rewarded.

Brian4Liberty
01-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Time to double down on crony corporatism and incompetence! :rolleyes:

Despite Solyndra, Obama to Boost Green Energy
January 23, 2012

With a Solyndra-scandal-be-damned attitude, President Obama is expected to revive his push for new green fuel sources in Tuesday's State of the Union address, claiming that they will boost jobs and help clean the environment.

Industry sources who met with policy officials at the White House last week say the president will hint at an emerging administration plan to propose increased spending on green fuel sources and radical changes in how the government and Americans power machines in the future.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/01/23/despite-solyndra-obama-to-boost-green-energy

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Whats to complain about? It's "Green" jobs :D

HOLLYWOOD
01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
It's done so that the other Green Solar wasted billions companies... can charge a higher price for their goods, making it "Profitable sucess of government intravention" Propaganda.

Plough those crops under FDR!