PDA

View Full Version : High School Freshman stands up for Liberty (Video)

Adam West
01-20-2012, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM3aAiCai8o

This is the future...

AlexAmore
01-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Amazing. He's planting seeds.

jsem
01-20-2012, 03:52 PM
The revolution is alive and well.

BamaFanNKy
01-20-2012, 03:55 PM
He's gonna get his ass kicked. For Liberty, but still gonna get his ass kicked. High School is cruel.

Ilhaguru
01-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Everyday more kids are turning 18 years old and more of them are Paul supporters than mini-neocons. . .

The future is bright :)

helmuth_hubener
01-20-2012, 04:25 PM
We need to start having rallies at every high school and even middle school/junior high across the country.

When I was in high school, I made this huge banner that said "Curfews? America?" and hung it up in the lunch room, along with a pocket for pamphlets. It took the janitors a while to figure out it wasn't an approved thing and take it down. So, stuff like that. You can also post dozens of signs all over the school.

Also, running for a student office is a great way to get the message out. Sure, maybe the class president doesn't have any *actual* power, but the school has to pretend it's significant for propaganda reasons (the whole point is to prepare students to be good little citizens and to love the sacred electoral process), so you can use that against them! Run a full-fledged campaign with a pro-freedom platform and everything! Come up with a few libertarian-type issues related to the school (merit-based pay system for teachers, more flexible class schedules, allow students to go off-campus during lunches and study halls, eliminate ridiculous police-state machinations from the school, reduce the school budget by cutting administration, etc.). If you ask, they may give you time on the loudspeaker during the morning announcements to make campaign spiels. You should of course blanket the school with posters and buttons and bumper stickers and whatnot.

I actually did this, and it was great fun, and I actually won the first round overwhelmingly, then supposedly lost in the run-off by a few votes (I think the principal probably committed vote fraud; the man did hate me and I'd been suspended several times, after all). If you actually win, endless opportunities for fun open up, because now you can pretend you're essentially part of the school board, or have some sort of authority to have say over how the school is run anyway, and the newspapers and local TV stations like likely run your press releases and events and interview you. Attend school board meetings. Budget time, prepare a detailed budget 50% of the current one. Stage protests. And on and on. I still wish I would have won; I would have had a blast fighting the system.

pcgame
01-20-2012, 04:40 PM
The kids voice too high pitched, but otherwise +1 for running a Ron Paul rally. Hopefully, he doesn't misrepresent his views.

affa
01-20-2012, 04:49 PM
awesome and well spoken.

Adam West
01-20-2012, 04:54 PM
The kids voice too high pitched, but otherwise +1 for running a Ron Paul rally. Hopefully, he doesn't misrepresent his views.

Haha. When you are 13-14 y.o. "high ptched" is natural.

V4Vendetta
01-20-2012, 04:57 PM
If that kid continues that in school, he will be a reject

FortisKID
01-20-2012, 05:01 PM
I wish there were more pro-liberty kids in my High School...

I have convinced a few of my progressive classmates to vote for him over Obama though :)

GeorgiaAvenger
01-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Nice kid but bad strategy. Those kids don't give a crap.

Don't shove speeches at people.

olehounddog
01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
It was a rally, only the kids that wanted to be there were there.
I Surprised Many Of My Teachers When I Organized A Surprise Ron Paul Rally. Teachers Asked If I Was A Senior And Half Of Them Looked At Me As If They'd Seen A Ghost When I Told Them I Was A Freshman. I Started This Rally Off With Only 5 People, But We Eventually Grew Into A Full Table Of Supporters. The Whole Rally Was 50 Minutes. This Is a Snippet From The Beginning. I Will Continue To Hold These Rallies As Well As Setting Up Meetings With Teachers Throughout The School To Help Spread The Message Of Freedom.

helmuth_hubener
01-20-2012, 05:29 PM
If that kid continues that in school, he will be a reject Why? No he won't. I wasn't a reject. I got a lot of respect for standing up to the establishment over and over. Youth are anti-establishment. They might not understand everything, but they will respect fearlessness.

Kids have Free Mumia and pro-Che Guevara T-Shirts; kids have all kinds of crazy political views. They're not going to judge them for his political views.

Plus, he seems quite personable and friendly, so no way will he be a reject.

Nastynate
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
To all of you that think that this is a bad idea or the kid is gonna be rejected I'm gonna have to disagree. In his little speech there he talked about SOPA and PIPA which are HUGE to every kid in America, to atleast the ones that pay attention. This kid bringing just the fact that the government wants to take away our rights and the blinders are put over all of the kid's eyes they'll be pretty receptive of the message in my opinion.

Drex
01-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Someone get that kid a fake ID to vote! J/K!

Tinnuhana
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM
This kid is next election cycle's Gage. The "kids" of 2007 are now in the 18-29 yr old bracket. I'll have to ask my students what they think of SOPA etc.

agorist ninja
01-20-2012, 06:07 PM
If that kid continues that in school, he will be a reject
Yes, let's talk the kid down. Make him feel like he shouldn't stand up for liberty. That's the spirit!

This place never ceases to amaze me in how low it will stoop sometimes.

nicname
01-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Man, I didn't give a rip about politics when I was 15.

jamezelle
01-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Awesome!!

ShaneEnochs
01-20-2012, 06:14 PM

His voice bothered me to the point that I couldn't get through the entire thing =\

Kudos to him for continuing the r3volution though.

helmuth_hubener
01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Yes, let's talk the kid down. Make him feel like he shouldn't stand up for liberty. That's the spirit!

This place never ceases to amaze me in how low it will stoop sometimes. Exactly. He will probably eventually read this thread, you guys know that, right? The internet's a small place. RPF is going to account for 90% of his video's views. Please, have some respect. His voice is not "too high", that's ridiculous, all the criticisms are ridiculous.

Let Liberty Win! Stop criticizing every good thing you see! Thank you.

ronpaulhemp
01-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Very inspiring video! Just wait for the new generation of Libertarians/Ron Paul supporters to lead. :)