Is this fake?

Machiavelli
01-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Is this fake?

has to be

Lucille
01-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Sounds about right.

Speaking of stuff Obama supporters like to say, some drone commenting here (http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/why_im_suing_barack_obama_20120116/) thinks O Duce signed the NDAA so the courts would overturn it:

By markhalfmoon, January 16 at 10:06 pm Link to this comment

This lawsuit by Chris Hedges is doing exactly what I believe Obama wanted it to do. Challenge the law’s legality in the courts. I believe he set it up to lose in court.

People who are just determined to dislike, mistrust and criticize every single thing President Obama does, of course will assume the worse. That he has some nefarious plot to sell them out to the evil forces of the world, etc.

I believe his back was up against the wall with this. Congress was going to pass it, with or without him. He agreed to sign it in return for planting legal bombs in it that I feel certain will cause it to be struck down in court.

The House of Representatives voted to pass the NDAA 2012 with 283 (65%) voting yes and 136 (31%) voting no. 14 (3%) didn’t vote.

The Senate voted to pass it with 86 (86%) voting yes and 13 (13%) voting no. 1 (1%) Senator did not vote.

I am just guessing that the 8 Republicans - including Michele Bachmann - that didn’t vote the last time would have joined their colleagues in the House to make up the two thirds majority needed to hand President Obama an embarrassing defeat with an override of his veto in this election year. There’s no question that there was more than the required number to override a veto in the Senate. It would have been a futile act of symbolism to veto it.

The veto of this bill, which primarily funds the entire Armed Forces, would cause a delay, during which troops in Afghanistan would not be paid, jets would be grounded for lack of fuel, the Pentagon couldn’t pay its heating bill and thousands of shipbuilders and other workers employed by contractors with the military would be laid off. He doesn’t have line item veto power so he couldn’t just veto the part he didn’t like.

President Obama would have begun his reelection year with Republicans blaming him for “not paying our brave combat soldiers,” killing jobs, and being weak on defense. He knew he was going to catch hell for this decision, but he made a difficult choice. That’s why he made the signing statement. What other reason would he do that? The wording of it was part of the legal sabotage he placed in it to help assure that the courts would overturn it.

All the lefties who think he is just weak, immoral or corrupt are blinded by their one dimensional thinking. Why is it so hard to believe that this man is smarter than you?

By markhalfmoon, January 17 at 6:04 pm Link to this comment

Damn glider! Is it the anonymity of being unidentified on the internet that makes people so rude and disrespectful? Could you not have disagreed with me and made your point without calling me juvenile names?

You appear to not have a viable argument to assert, so you try to counter mine with a “conclusion” that you consider to be “obvious” without even telling what it is. President Obama is not my idol - I don’t have any of those - but he is my president. I proudly voted for him and will again.

We can debate renditions from foreign countries and what you call “assassinations” at another time, but I believe this discussion is about fears that provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 will allow a president to arrest US citizens on US soil and detain them indefinitely. I merely wrote a comment expressing my opinion that it will not be allowed because it is legally weak, and that President Obama helped to weaken it.

And since you asked: I understand that you and a lot of other people think of Bradley Manning as a hero or whistleblower but, Manning himself pleaded at his preliminary hearing that he was not responsible for his actions due to his suffering from gender-identity disorder. He said the disorder was making it hard for him to think clearly. His defense attorneys also argued that the pressure of the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy might have caused Manning to make bad decisions. He didn’t make any statements about ‘the public’s right to know.’

I understand that complex legislative maneuvering may appear to you and perhaps the Tea Party, to be “11-dimensional chess” and “twisting and contorting,” but a critically thinking intelligent person can recognize sublime political gamesmanship when it is happening right before their eyes.

Why is it so hard to believe that this man is smarter than you?

LOL... He helped to weaken it by signing it into law, don't you see?

Also, he had to fund the endless wars, because...why do you hate the troops, and what about all those MIC workers?!

John F Kennedy III
01-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Their Sheepleness is showing.

gerryb
01-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Why is congress over-riding a veto an "embarrassing defeat"??

acptulsa
01-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Repeat after me: Congress did not make him start yet another war in Libya. In fact, our 'Constitutional scholar' ignored both the Constitution and Congress in his rush to get us there.

Lather, rinse, and repeat as often as necessary to jolt these numbnuts out of their comfort zone.

Wesker1982
01-21-2012, 04:26 PM
lol, hilarious video.

Is this fake?

Yes. Sadly, it represents a lot of people though.

This would be a good video to send to such people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tns6bstqIKE

youngbuck
01-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Is this fake?

Of course...

QueenB4Liberty
01-21-2012, 08:36 PM
lol, hilarious video.

Yes. Sadly, it represents a lot of people though.

This would be a good video to send to such people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tns6bstqIKE

*squeals* OMG! I was there. :D I love Tom Woods! What a truth warrior!