PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Ron Paul Looking Ahead?

Tyler_Durden
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/20/ron-paul-looking-ahead/

"Running ads in the key early voting states of Nevada and Minnesota is part of our delegate strategy to secure the Republican nomination. Both states present opportunities for a strong top-three showing in their upcoming caucuses," said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton, in a statement. "Ours is the only campaign with the resources, organization, and stamina to defeat establishment candidate Mitt Romney in a 50-state race."

Jack Bauer
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Ron Paul?

Who is that CNN?

I've never heard of him.

Xenophage
01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
You know Ron doesn't actually need to win a single state to win the nomination.... hmm...

TwoJ
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
You know Ron doesn't actually need to win a single state to win the nomination.... hmm...

How?

Peace&Freedom
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
You know the campaign has to state its intent cautiously, so that if they underperform (don't outright win NV, etc.) the media doesn't use the over projection to declare the campaign DOA. Still, Paul needs to win something eventually to counter the "why don't you guys just quit and line up behind Mitt/Newt?"

Evilfox
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
How?

Make sure Romney doesn't acquire the delegate count required for the nomination and then move to a second vote in the convention.

RileyE104
01-20-2012, 03:02 PM
How?

Electoral College.. Have you not seen the ads on TV arguing against candidates becoming President even though they didn't win the popular vote?

I gotta say, it seems unfair but if it works in our favor... LOL

G-Wohl
01-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Make sure Romney doesn't acquire the delegate count required for the nomination and then move to a second vote in the convention.

We don't have any confirmation on this, though, outside of Erickson's claims - right? I'm still skeptical of these claims, because it almost sounds too good to be true.

Unless the campaign anticipated the media response and did this in the most covert and sneaky political move in modern American history...