PDA

View Full Version : Landon Sanford, son of Mark Sanford, passes along a message from his father to Ron

bluesc
01-20-2012, 01:15 PM
One notable member of that younger generation came up to express his support for Paul after the event. Landon Sanford, the son of former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, stopped Paul as he was shaking hands on his way out to pass along a message from his father.

"Just wanted to let you know my dad fully supports you," the younger Sanford said of his father, who served alongside Paul as a congressman from the Charleston area in the late 1990's. "He can't really say it because of Fox, and he wanted me to tell you he enjoyed working with you very much."

A side note: It says Ron addressed a crowd of 50 people. Apparently his own supporters. Are the rallies getting that bad or is CNN getting that bad?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/20/paul-whistle-stop-tour-of-s-c/

MRoCkEd
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Very interesting. Too bad the Governor went and did you know what.

mosquitobite
Grrr... I really wish that man had kept his pants zipped.

Yes, I'm still angry with him because I feel like he let the entire US down. He could have been an awesome VP choice and we'd be on top, no doubt. It sucks.

carry on...

sailingaway
I'm pretty sure Ron extended the stops when he went back to DC for the vote and to file the bill to repeal indefinite detention from NDAA. He missed a day campaigning. This may be one of the new stops.

But today, unfortunately, is mostly likely to be supporters, since it is at airports a lot. It is rallying the troops before the vote, tomorrow. He did have over a thousand people at his rally at College of Charleston yesterday.

Bruno
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
"He can't really say it because of FOX."

Shows the unspoken (or perhaps actually spoken) rule of not showing support for Ron Paul or it could affect your credibility and your career.

Varin
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
"He can't really say it on FOX."

Shows the unspoken (or perhaps actually spoken) rule of not showing support for Ron Paul or it could affect your credibility and your career.

Think he means the contract thing, they cant endorse even if the judge seams to ignore that:D

BamaFanNKy

Yes, I'm still angry with him because I feel like he let the entire US down. He could have been an awesome VP choice and we'd be on top, no doubt. It sucks.

carry on...

Um.... how does that harm him? He married her and people are all for Newt and he did it 2 times.

wgadget
And JENNY SANFORD says: I won't vote for Newt Gingrich.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71681.html

Schiff_FTW

Gingrich gets a standing ovation for cheating on his wife but Sanford is persona non grata. Makes perfect sense.

Bruno
01-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Think he means the contract thing, they cant endorse even if the judge seams to ignore that:D

Oh, thanks, I didn't realize he had a contract with them.

bluesc
01-20-2012, 01:22 PM

Yeah, he's a paid contributor, even though that doesn't stop Palin from essentially endorsing Newt and Hannity pushing her to do it.

The Goat
01-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Thats what I noticed too. Guess DeMint is more indebted to FOX than to America, just like Sanford.

VictorB
01-20-2012, 01:25 PM
A side note: It says Ron addressed a crowd of 50 people. Apparently his own supporters. Are the rallies getting that bad or is CNN getting that bad?

It was a paid event. People had to pay $100 to get in. That's why there was only 50-60 people there.

hardrightedge
01-20-2012, 01:25 PM
They can endorse whoever they want...Sarah Palin works for Fox and they try to get her to endorse someone every time she is on air...

The Goat
01-20-2012, 01:27 PM
They can endorse anyone except Ron Paul. XD

They can endorse whoever they want...Sarah Palin works for Fox and they try to get her to endorse someone every time she is on air...

Varin
01-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Might have different contracts Palins endorsment is worth alot.

mosquitobite
01-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Gingrich gets a standing ovation for cheating on his wife but Sanford is persona non grata. Makes perfect sense.

I'm not voting for Newt now, am I? ;)

Lucille
01-20-2012, 01:33 PM

carry on...

Um.... how does that harm him? He married her and people are all for Newt and he did it 2 times.

Exactly. The GOP faithful were less forgiving of Mark because of his non-interventionist stance, and his respect and admiration for Paul.

I miss Mark. I had no idea he was a contributor on FOX!

low preference guy
01-20-2012, 01:36 PM

he could've been more than that. he could've won the Republican nomination by now.

Schiff_FTW
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm not voting for Newt now, am I? ;)

Not meant to be directed at you, just a general comment about the ridiculousness of it all.

There's a widely perceived notion that people from the south are somehow morally superior than the rest of the country, but last night's debate certainly helped to demonstrate anything but that.

specsaregood
01-20-2012, 01:39 PM

Hell, it was probably somebody inside fox that orchestrated the takedown of his previous job... Ruin their life, then get them on your dole.... Threat eliminated.

Johncjackson
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Also, I think it hurt(s) Sanford because he considers his affair partner his "soulmate." In DC/politics, affairs are a lot more accepted if they are discrete affirmations of male power or blatant political maneuvers ( leaving your wife for a woman better for political image and/or affairing with staffers/insiders).

libertybrewcity
01-20-2012, 01:55 PM
That would great if Jenny came out and supported Ron. People apparently like her.

tbone717
01-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Honestly, I think if Sanford had stayed clean, he would be the presumptive nominee right now.

MsDoodahs
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM

I didn't hear that Sanford married his other woman. When did that happen?

SonofThunder
01-20-2012, 02:02 PM

I was at the rally in Charleston this morning. There were about 100 supporters there.

The other day at CofC in downtown Charleston, there were over 1000

I think this tour today was poorly planned by the campaign. I didn't even hear about it until yesterday. They're hitting so many places that they can't venture very far from the airport, so this rally in particular was in a hangar on the back side of CHS, which is out in the middle of nowhere. I'm surprised I found it and I live here.

For attendance purposes, I think one big rally in a central location tonight would have been better than all of these mini rallies.

HOWEVER, it may not matter in terms of crowds because the local media was there in force, and they interviewed a lot of the supporters. I think this is the intention of the tour. If Ron Paul can get his supporters on the local TV and radio stations for the 6 o'clock news tonight all around the state (his stops are targeted at major media markets) then I think it will make for a nice last push. The national media is going to be on their knees servicing Newt all day so maybe this tour is really aimed at the local media here in SC. I don't know.

Xenophage
01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
he could've been more than that. he could've won the Republican nomination by now.

"Mark Sanford Revolution" just doesn't have the same ring to it, though.

MsDoodahs
01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
@ Son of Thunder - I was sent a newsclip from a friend, it is off a local Spartanburg station, nice coverage of RP.

So while the national pravda is not covering, the local media is.

trey4sports
01-20-2012, 02:06 PM
"Mark Sanford Revolution" just doesn't have the same ring to it, though.

Mark is great. He is more in the mold of Rand but he is awesome, and really one of maybe 2 or 3 "Ron Paul Republicans" pre '08.

On another note, what will it be called when Rand takes over? Rand Paul Evolution? I mean, Ron has led the Revolution so Rand is going to help the GOP evolve?

GunnyFreedom
01-20-2012, 02:07 PM

Neither, the TD Arena event at the College of Charleston was/is horribly underattended. ALL the candidates were there (except Gingrich who cancelled due to lack of attendees) and all of them had the same crowd.

specsaregood
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Mark is great. He is more in the mold of Rand but he is awesome, and really one of maybe 2 or 3 "Ron Paul Republicans" pre '08.

I could never sit an listen to these long educational speeches like Ron gives if Sanford was speaking. His lisp is really irritating.

mosquitobite
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Honestly, I think if Sanford had stayed clean, he would be the presumptive nominee right now.

Me too. Which is why I say, he didn't just let his wife down - he let the WHOLE COUNTRY down.

I still like the man, but damn if I'm not bitter about the whole thing. I feel like he cheated on ME too. :(

mosquitobite
01-20-2012, 02:11 PM
I could never sit an listen to these long educational speeches like Ron gives if Sanford was speaking. His lisp is really irritating.

LOL! There is that... but Moses had one too. ;)

GunnyFreedom
01-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Mark Sanford's son just came into Grassroots HQ an hour ago to get lists and materials to canvass.... :D

SaulPaulinsky
01-20-2012, 03:35 PM

Precisely. Completely backwards.

steph3n
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Mark Sanford's son just came into Grassroots HQ an hour ago to get lists and materials to canvass.... :D

too cool :D

What about Mom? Can they both agree on Paul even with their differences :)

James Madison
01-20-2012, 03:38 PM

You mean the same thing Grinch did? Twice.

SaulPaulinsky
01-20-2012, 03:42 PM
That would great if Jenny came out and supported Ron. People apparently like her.

She, and her family are VERY respected (and wealthy) in S.C. Her side of the family had all the money in that marriage, and people were very impressed by how she handled herself during the ordeal. She was obviously hurt and upset, but maintained her own sense of composure and class in a way few would.

Note: I was a SC resident during this time. Sanford was the only half decent official among a bunch of clowns in the SC GOP. Google yourself some Jake Knotts or Andre Bauer.

bluesc
01-20-2012, 03:47 PM

So awesome :D!

jkob
01-20-2012, 03:51 PM
I wonder if we could get Mark to officially endorse, he still can make a comeback imo. All he has to do when they bring it up is say Newt Gingrich. I understand not wanting to violate your FOX contract but now is the time to show courage and make a principled stand.

swissaustrian
01-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Nobody sues a judge over breach of contract :D

coffeewithgames
01-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Haha, which I find very admirable of the Judge. He clearly does not care, and I think it's great, because the others make it clear they hate RP. So, it's a shame when only one guy has to basically scream it from his lungs daily, hoping to wake a few up, while the zombies listen to the talking points on the other side.

Carole
01-20-2012, 04:15 PM

Too bad Mark Sanford is a man of weak character. Unfortunately, this would have been taken advantage of were he ever to achieve higher office. His usefulness to the the revolution is over.

Badger Paul
01-20-2012, 04:23 PM
"HOWEVER, it may not matter in terms of crowds because the local media was there in force, and they interviewed a lot of the supporters. I think this is the intention of the tour. If Ron Paul can get his supporters on the local TV and radio stations for the 6 o'clock news tonight all around the state (his stops are targeted at major media markets) then I think it will make for a nice last push. The national media is going to be on their knees servicing Newt all day so maybe this tour is really aimed at the local media here in SC. I don't know."

That's exactly how it works.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah I would like him to make a comeback.

My gosh, look at Newt.

LibertyEagle
01-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Also, I think it hurt(s) Sanford because he considers his affair partner his "soulmate." In DC/politics, affairs are a lot more accepted if they are discrete affirmations of male power or blatant political maneuvers ( leaving your wife for a woman better for political image and/or affairing with staffers/insiders).

And if they murder a staffer, they apparently give you your own show.

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2012, 04:49 PM

That propaganda was debunked in another thread today. Hardly anyone went to the event. Newt cancelled at the last minute because there were 20 people waiting to hear him speak. ;)

Tinnuhana
01-20-2012, 05:06 PM
That would be an interesting subject for a news piece: A Tale of Two Adulterers (there's probably a better, less excoriating term)
What is the difference? Why did the GOP throw Sanford under the bus but not Newt? Oh, but didn't they throw Newt under the bus back in the day? Are there recordings of the proceedings against him (Newt)? Compare his hearings with the ones he oversaw against Clinton.
However, in the end, only arguments on policy are worth anything.
I've been trying to think whom Newt reminds me of. Finally figured it out, just now (really): Saruman.

devil21
01-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Just FYI but from what Ive seen in SC, people still very much like Gov Sanford. At the two SC debates I attended Sanford got more applause and attention than current Governor Haley. He's still a big draw here.

He needs to man up and put a formal endorsement of Paul out there if this story is true.

Varin
01-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah think it was GOP establishment who turned on him with impeachment. Probably same people who now backs Gingrich.

SpreadOfLiberty
12-20-2012, 09:15 PM
bump for relevance