PDA

View Full Version : I'm ashamed of my state

SonofThunder
01-20-2012, 01:00 PM
In Myrtle Beach they boo'd the Golden Rule. In Charleston they cheered open marriage. We're going to hell.

Icymudpuppy
01-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Take heart. Although TPTB would like us all in collectives, I'm pretty sure God will judge you as an individual.

Xenophage
01-20-2012, 01:05 PM
You can judge the character of a state's population by the size of its government. Move to New Hampshire :D

BamaFanNKy
01-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Move to Kentucky where we have a Paul winning statewide office and are now having the GOP push Hemp farming. Free State in NH? Come to the Bluegrass, The state of Liberty!

cajuncocoa
01-20-2012, 01:07 PM
It's not just your state...it could have been any one of us with that damned Faux News audience. Those people are everywhere.

MsDoodahs
01-20-2012, 01:08 PM
They'll come around, it will just take a little while longer. You'll see.

Tyler_Durden
01-20-2012, 01:43 PM
The booing came from the SCGOP Silver Elephants Group, which appeared to have dominated the Fox Debate Audience....

Liberty
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
It's so unfortunate that many make decisions based on style instead of substance. The most dangerous person is a great orator.

SonofThunder
01-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Move to Kentucky where we have a Paul winning statewide office and are now having the GOP push Hemp farming. Free State in NH? Come to the Bluegrass, The state of Liberty! Hell I could get on board with that. I have a cousin there.

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2012, 02:22 PM
You can judge the character of a state's population by the size of its government. Move to New Hampshire :D
Bah, humbug! Collectivism/democracy fail. :p You judge the character of a state's population by talking to the people that live in the state.

puppetmaster
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Yep they booed Jesus. And cheered satan. So brain dead

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Hell I could get on board with that. I have a cousin there.
+1 I have several family members back in KY. I love it there! :D Kentucky and Tennessee are Davy Crockett country. :cool:

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2012, 02:25 PM
It's so unfortunate that many make decisions based on style instead of substance. The most dangerous person is a great orator.qft :(

dmitchell
01-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. +rep

Justinfrom1776
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Move to Kentucky where we have a Paul winning statewide office and are now having the GOP push Hemp farming. Free State in NH? Come to the Bluegrass, The state of Liberty!

I was actually talking to my wife about relocating to the Louisville area just a few days ago.. One more vote for Senator Paul.

RickyJ
01-20-2012, 02:38 PM
In Myrtle Beach they boo'd the Golden Rule. In Charleston they cheered open marriage. We're going to hell.

It was just the audience at the debate, no all of SC. I certainly do not think badly about SC because of this hand-picked mostly deranged audience allowed to attend the debates by the networks and you shouldn't either.

I have little doubt Paul will do well in SC based on the huge crowds he gets at all of his campaign stops.

SonofThunder
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.

Mencken?

brushfire
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Blame fox... The CNN debate hosted a much more "civil" audience, yesterday. Its clear, the fox debates were not natural at all (the whole fiasco was staged)

dmitchell
01-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Mencken?
The one and only.

Sola_Fide
01-20-2012, 02:50 PM

I like your optimism. I'm going to a Take Back Kentucky meeting tomorrow in E-Town.

amberjack
01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Woot Kentucky! But Brett Guthrie makes me sad :/

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting me about provisions related to the detainment of suspected terrorists the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2012.

Many constituents have contacted me with their concerns that NDAA 2012 contains provisions that may allow U.S. citizens to be detained indefinitely in the same manner as al-Qaeda terrorists. Like you, I was greatly concerned by this potential violation of the United States Constitution.

You will be glad to know that the provisions of NDAA 2012 that are of concern have been removed from the bill. Through bipartisan, bicameral negotiation, Congress has reworked the portions of this bill related to detention and trial of Taliban and al-Qaeda terrorists so that there is a clear exclusion for all U.S. citizens. NDAA 2012 explicitly exempts U.S. citizens from the constitutional concerns that we both share while empowering our military and law enforcement officers to continue to pursue those non-citizens who wish to do us harm. The language of this exemption, found in Section 1022(b)(1), reads: "The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

I am glad that Congress has found a way to protect the American people from foreign terrorists while maintaining the constitutional rights we cherish. These are two of the foremost duties that Congress has.

If you would like to stay connected to our office with updates on the latest news, legislation, and other useful information, please sign up for my e-newsletter on my website, http://www.guthrie.house.gov. Thank you again for your communication and please do not hesitate to contact my office with any future questions or comments.

Sincerely,

Brett Guthrie
Member of Congress

Chainspell
01-20-2012, 03:04 PM

im glad someone from SC actually said this. I've been waiting for someone to actually say this.

+rep

ConCap
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy

Hell I could get on board with that. I have a cousin there.

The sad thing is, there will come a time when we will all have to move to the promise land and start over again, be it Kentucky or where ever.