PDA

View Full Version : New "exneocon" ppl are waking up!

Howfar
01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah there is a ton waking up, and i'm one of them. Unreal how much I liked Fox News for so long, then finally I did my research on this guy who they always blasted and ignored and what do ya know, Fox News is nothing but another bias lie spitting machine aimed at tipping the conservatives into the grandios scheme of non stop war propaganda from both sides. Its amazing how active you become once you see the truth, and how as you learn more about Ron Paul the more you love him. A whole lot in my family and friends have seen the truth now as well, due to the fact of the continuous youtube links I send them all... "ohhh look at this, no look at this one!" amazing whats happening, the only thing ppl need to do, is DO their OWN research. A lot of ppl out there never will but say they do...

Another problem i've found, with for example my grandparents, is a whole lot of the older crowd that votes does not know how to do research on the internet, in fact I know a lot of older ppl who don't even own a computer and only rely on MSM for the truth... If we could just reach this crowd we would be gold. People my parents age can do the research but most won't because they have been brainwashed by fox and rush... So the way I reached them is to show them blatant bias against Ron Paul, they believe Fox News really is 'fair and balanced' still, and I can't blame them because I was one of them too. But I also see now that since I know the truth I have an obligation to spread it.

I've emailed almost everyone at Fox multiple times in a detailed msg saying how betrayed I now felt after having supported them for so long. Probably won't hear back, but one day they will pay for the lies and blatant bias they've spread.

mavtek
01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the Revolution!

schiffheadbaby
01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Welcome,

The other candidates don't give a darn about your civil liberties and fiscal conservatism but now adopt Ron Paul's rhetoric because it is now "sexy".

Nobody but Paul

thetruthhurtsthefed
01-20-2012, 09:54 AM
It takes time and work to lift the filters from your eyes. Welcome.

thesnake742
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome, my friend!

millercards
01-20-2012, 09:57 AM
But I also see now that since I know the truth I have an obligation to spread it.

This is something we all have realized. I've only been 'Awake' for a couple of weeks now. I did like Paul in 2008, but had no interest in politics, and never knew much more than he was the guy that wants to legailize pot. Now I know the full truth, and it's Nobody But Paul!

You are also exactly right about the crowd that doesn't get their info from the internet. There are plenty of rural and older folks who flat out don't use computers. Then there are the older folks that use computers (but don't really know how to get around), then there's the lot that just don't care enough about politics to check out Ron Paul away from the MSM.

We need to get to all those people!

Ron Paul 2012!

wgadget
Are you a former Rush, Hannity, Medved, Beck believer?

I'm guilty of still listening to them at times, but only to see how bad the bias has become. Once you've been awakened, it is infuriating. What kills me is how they have all the control over what goes over the airwaves. They can make stuff up, they can screen calls, they can cut off callers, they can talk over callers. And then, of course, they can promote and spin with their candidate with abandon. The truth is that they want Obama (or someone with the same policies as Obama) to win. We have a one-party system, after all.

And a major part of their propaganda is that they are somehow NOT THE MEDIA.

Makes me sick. Literally.

rblgenius
Welcome, I was in the same crowd as you. I was more of a liberal than most neo-cons but I was all for going to war to "get em turrists".

You become so much less apathetic when you hear the truth. Its intoxicating because its the message our nation fought and was founded on.

CaptUSA
01-20-2012, 09:58 AM
It's pretty amazing once their blindfold has been lifted, eh?

Your job now is to help others lift their blindfolds as well. It's not easy. As you know, if someone would have tried to lift yours, you would have gotten angry and told them how stupid they are and how THEY were the ones being brainwashed like THEY were in some kind of cult.

Just be kind. Understand why they feel the way they do. And give them more information. Youtube has done more for Ron Paul and the liberty movement than anything you will ever see on TV. You should also encourage them to watch C-Span whenever Paul is speaking because the commentary on his thoughts is low and it allows the viewer to really make their own decisions. Eventually, when their own thoughts conflict with what they're seeing on cable news, you will know the opportunity to remove the blindfold is opening.

Pete Kay
01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Most people that you would label neocons don't consider themselves as such. They most likely don't even know what neo-conservatism is. Look at Herman Cain. He was running for President and he didn't even know. Most people just think that neo-conservatism is conservatism. They don't even know there's a difference.

Howfar
01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
I never really listened to Rush much, but I was a Beck guy aside from when he tried to be a preacher (which happened a lot) I also like Oreilly and Cavuto, but both just tick me off now. Its amazing how much they even avoid saying the name of Ron Paul, never have been more disgusted in the deceit they've fed me for so long...

blazeKing
01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome..yeah, once you wake up you can see the propaganda immediately and you aren't stuck in the false left right paradigm anymore. Not down with those false games anymore. They are just there for the sheep to be led by the psychopath controllers.

When Ron Paul speaks at debates, you see the other candidates staring at him with the look that says "He's not playing our game, he knows the corrupt system and he calls it like it is...which I could never do. It's amazing he can have so much support while taking controversial positions."

wgadget
01-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Okay, guys. This kind of thread makes it obvious that a commercial talking about the SCALES FALLING OFF is mandatory for the campaign.

Ron Paulism is a world-view that requires open eyes, hearts, and minds, free of MEDIA BIAS. It's our duty to wake them.

P.S. It seems that some of the work is actually being done by Newt Gingrich. But he still plays the two-party false paradigm game. We know he is mistaken.

slamhead
01-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the Revolution. Morpheus would be proud you chose the red pill.

Rincewind
01-20-2012, 10:06 AM
I never really listened to Rush much, but I was a Beck guy aside from when he tried to be a preacher (which happened a lot) I also like Oreilly and Cavuto, but both just tick me off now. Its amazing how much they even avoid saying the name of Ron Paul, never have been more disgusted in the deceit they've fed me for so long...

I always liked watching Beck try to diagram things on his blackboard and whatnot.

It could only be described as Insane Troll Logic (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsaneTrollLogic).

Matthew Zak
01-20-2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eUXNfk4MMlI

Howfar
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
I can vouch for that, none of us would have considered themselves neocon, but it really is that because of the adamant brain washing that really does take place..

Danke
01-20-2012, 10:09 AM
OUTFOXED (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428 )

Bern
01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I once was blind,
but now can see...

Welcome aboard. :)

Chester Copperpot
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome aboard friend.

otherone
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM
"neoconservatism" motivates voters with fear....MUSLIMS! TERRORISTS! NUKES! COMMIES! LIBERALS! HILLARY! MEXICANS! *****S! 911! DIRTY BOMBS!
traditional conservatives (such as Dr.Paul) motivates voters with reason, common sense, civics, and history.
It's an uphill battle.

wongster41
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the freedom movement ming!

Alamais
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah there is a ton waking up, and i'm one of them. Unreal how much I liked Fox News for so long, then finally I did my research on this guy who they always blasted and ignored and what do ya know, Fox News is nothing but another bias lie spitting machine aimed at tipping the conservatives into the grandios scheme of non stop war propaganda from both sides. Its amazing how active you become once you see the truth, and how as you learn more about Ron Paul the more you love him. A whole lot in my family and friends have seen the truth now as well, due to the fact of the continuous youtube links I send them all... "ohhh look at this, no look at this one!" amazing whats happening, the only thing ppl need to do, is DO their OWN research. A lot of ppl out there never will but say they do...

Another problem i've found, with for example my grandparents, is a whole lot of the older crowd that votes does not know how to do research on the internet, in fact I know a lot of older ppl who don't even own a computer and only rely on MSM for the truth... If we could just reach this crowd we would be gold. People my parents age can do the research but most won't because they have been brainwashed by fox and rush... So the way I reached them is to show them blatant bias against Ron Paul, they believe Fox News really is 'fair and balanced' still, and I can't blame them because I was one of them too. But I also see now that since I know the truth I have an obligation to spread it.

I've emailed almost everyone at Fox multiple times in a detailed msg saying how betrayed I now felt after having supported them for so long. Probably won't hear back, but one day they will pay for the lies and blatant bias they've spread.

I so agree with your observation, i would fall into this same category as well. i run into the same problem when discussing things with my co workers. all they talk back when i explain his positions on the issues is the media talking points. i try to correct them and encourage them to do their own research instead of parroting the talking points. but i try not to overdo it. they already categorize me as the "crazy conspiracy guy" LOL so i wouldnt want them to dismiss me as the "wacko paultard" all in all i think im wearing them down, especially as they see their candidates leaving the race.

wgadget
01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
I so agree with your observation, i would fall into this same category as well. i run into the same problem when discussing things with my co workers. all they talk back when i explain his positions on the issues is the media talking points. i try to correct them and encourage them to do their own research instead of parroting the talking points. but i try not to overdo it. they already categorize me as the "crazy conspiracy guy" LOL so i wouldnt want them to dismiss me as the "wacko paultard" all in all i think im wearing them down, especially as they see their candidates leaving the race.

A great big Welcome to the Revolution to you as well, Alamais!

wgadget
01-20-2012, 10:17 AM
This is something we all have realized. I've only been 'Awake' for a couple of weeks now. I did like Paul in 2008, but had no interest in politics, and never knew much more than he was the guy that wants to legailize pot. Now I know the full truth, and it's Nobody But Paul!

You are also exactly right about the crowd that doesn't get their info from the internet. There are plenty of rural and older folks who flat out don't use computers. Then there are the older folks that use computers (but don't really know how to get around), then there's the lot that just don't care enough about politics to check out Ron Paul away from the MSM.

We need to get to all those people!

Ron Paul 2012!

Love ya, millercards! Welcome...:)

Alamais
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
A great big Welcome to the Revolution to you as well, Alamais!

thank you, i was a lurker here for a while, then decided to bite the bullet. great crowd here. <3 all

blazeKing
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
"neoconservatism" motivates voters with fear....MUSLIMS! TERRORISTS! NUKES! COMMIES! LIBERALS! HILLARY! MEXICANS! *****S! 911! DIRTY BOMBS!
traditional conservatives (such as Dr.Paul) motivates voters with reason, common sense, civics, and history.
It's an uphill battle.

Oh man is it an uphill battle.

The fear card hits the most primal of our emotions. The fear of outsiders, foreigners, civilization collapse, culture collapse, chaos, disorder, death....it hits these people on a tribal level, like it's our tribe vs theirs. Back in the day you had to fall in line to fend off the outsiders who want to come in, take the women, and destroy you. That passed down through the generations like a chicken born to fear a hawk overhead where you don't even logically think about the threat but it's an instant panic.

goldpants
01-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Now this is a fun thread to read. I would love to see it filled with hundreds of new converts.

ryanmkeisling
01-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome! To all the new members, it is so nice to see this thing grow.

Snowball
01-20-2012, 10:23 AM
The internet has helped, but the Truth was out there long before the internet
started gaining viewership and building it's virtual library.

Older people who are not internet savvy can still get the truth. They can subscribe
to independent papers such as American Free Press. That is a great gift for anyone
who is not interested in reading on the internet. They have home delivery.

Long before the internet, all of my 20's, I read books and alternative newspapers.
What I'm saying is that regardless of the media type, you'll need to venture beyond
the low-hanging fruit of media whoredom and seek to become a knowledgeable person,
grounded in historical facts, that ability did exist prior to the internet. As a matter of fact,
too much emphasis is on the internet, because some of the best information needed to form
a proper world view is rotting on bookshelves still.

slamhead
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
It's an uphill battle.

Like I always say. Neo-cons need enemies to stay in power, Liberals need victims.

otherone
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
it's our tribe vs theirs.

QFT. "us versus THEM" is, and has ALWAYS been, the single greatest motivation in the history of mankind. It is THE MOST sickeningly effective way to gain compliance from any population.

Howfar
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Glad you said that, in fact I was recently at a birthday party and I had just gotten my Ron Paul sweater. So i wore it and I was talking to one of the ppl there probably in his 60's, and he soon asked me "are you a Ron Paul supporter?" and I said yes of course, and then I explained to him why, and what was really happening in the government. He liked Ron Paul accept for his FP, and I described to him why our FP is so nuts and that we literally cannot afford to police the world, then I described to him the NDAA and SOPA/PIPA and about the PATRIOT ACT, and he then told me how "ignorance is bliss" and I understood his point because I was in the same boat.. but it really made my blood boil, not against him but against the media.. I didn't blow up on him or anything just urged him to check out RP really.. but it is so true everyone loves ignorance accept for when it will be too late and then they finally have the 'gotcha' effect. But for those 50 and over i've told them 'enough is enough, its time for your crowd to support the younger informed generation of who they want as their president and what kind of country they want their kids to have, you had your chance and you blew it, and now our generation has to suffer the amount of debt your generation heaved on us and its not right'.

EBounding
01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Welcome!

Up until July last year, I also was still plugged into the status quo until I started to do more of my own research. The debt situation was hopeless and I knew Paul was the only one serious about tackling the problem. But I couldn't get behind his foreign policy. That is, until I did my own research and actually listened to him.

And I'm with you about feeling betrayed by things like Fox News. I used to be an avid Rush listener, but then he gave this downright hateful monolog about Paul during the Ames Straw poll. I couldn't believe it. It did feel like betrayal because I trusted him for years. But it's clear now that him and others like him are just carrying the water for the Republican establishment. It's sad, but it's also liberating since Paul's the first candidate I know I can trust and can back fully.

Brett85
01-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Since I'm so interested in politics, I watch Fox, CNN, and MSNBC. I probably watch Fox more than the others. But that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything that is said on those channels. I have a mind of my own, and I don't allow anyone elses opinions to affect what I believe in.

klamath
01-20-2012, 10:41 AM
This is what RP'S campaign is all about. At first people furiously disagree with RP but as people keep getting heating a cooling cycles of disagreeing with his statements they so start to think about his issues. No one will out and out convince them to RP because that is against human nature but they have to keep hearing the message over and over and think about it a little more each time. Once they have tenatively accepted RP and they state and get attacked is when the real conversion takes place because then they have to research to defend themselves, again human nature. People forget what they argued as well.
For example I have a friend that adamently hated with a passion Dennis kucinich. I told him that I disagreed with most of what kucinich stood for but I respected that he stood for his principals. Six months later I was talking to him and he told like he was telling me new information. "You know I don't like kucinich but you know wht he stands by his principals"
I wonder where he got that:)

CaptUSA
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Since I'm so interested in politics, I watch Fox, CNN, and MSNBC. I probably watch Fox more than the other. But that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything that is said on those channels. I have a mind of my own, and I don't allow anyone elses opinions to affect what I believe in.Yeah, there's a difference between being a "watcher" and a "viewer".

Viewers enjoy the "programming".

Watchers are engaged and question what they are seeing.

gb13
01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the Ron Paul Revolution!

Lucille
01-20-2012, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eUXNfk4MMlI

Beat me to it! It's so true.

wgadget
01-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Welcome!

Up until July last year, I also was still plugged into the status quo until I started to do more of my own research. The debt situation was hopeless and I knew Paul was the only one serious about tackling the problem. But I couldn't get behind his foreign policy. That is, until I did my own research and actually listened to him.

And I'm with you about feeling betrayed by things like Fox News. I used to be an avid Rush listener, but then he gave this downright hateful monolog about Paul during the Ames Straw poll. I couldn't believe it. It did feel like betrayal because I trusted him for years. But it's clear now that him and others like him are just carrying the water for the Republican establishment. It's sad, but it's also liberating since Paul's the first candidate I know I can trust and can back fully.

Your first paragraph brought tears to my eyes.

Your second paragraph needs a slight correction. IMHO, Rush and others like him are just carrying water for the Establishment, period. Doesn't have to be Republican, per se. Republican and Democrat are just two sides of the same coin. Those guys work for the STATUS QUO, the State. They are statist propagandists.

Alamais
01-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Since I'm so interested in politics, I watch Fox, CNN, and MSNBC. I probably watch Fox more than the others. But that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything that is said on those channels. I have a mind of my own, and I don't allow anyone elses opinions to affect what I believe in.

true, i do the same as well. but if people are not aware, the opinions that these channels put out are stated as "facts" when they do not give a proper opposing view or proper presentation they stop being "News Channels" and become just "skewed commentary channels"

many people fall for it hook line and sinker, hell i did for many years. now, not so much.

georgiaboy
01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Many prayers are being heard and answered, and you folks are the proof!

Welcome all newcomers!

We all have our story for how we got here. For me, I've been a lifelong small gov't, individual responsibility conservative, and assumed that voting straight R ticket would eventually get America moving in the direction I thought was best. The 2008 election cycle shattered that perception for me, because I realized that even with R's in both houses of Congress and the White House, fedgov increased astronomically.

It took Ron Paul saying it on a debate stage, though, for me to realize it. I remember looking back on the years from 2000-2006 and wondering why FNC and the talk-talks weren't already fueling what should've been my outrage at the exponential increases in gov't size and spending. Then I saw how horribly they started treating a guy who actually had been voting for decades exactly the way I thought all R's should've been voting all along. Boy oh boy, was that a bucket of icewater to the face.

It's great to see, though, that despite the media and the establishment's best attempts to squelch Ron Paul and this awakening, we continue to grow in numbers, and that growth is accelerating.

kill the banks
01-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Welcome

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Most people that you would label neocons don't consider themselves as such. They most likely don't even know what neo-conservatism is. Look at Herman Cain. He was running for President and he didn't even know. Most people just think that neo-conservatism is conservatism. They don't even know there's a difference.

QFT!

On a side note, I recognized the war mongering of Bill Kristol and John McCain many, many years before I had heard the term neo-conservatism. It was just obvious that those two were coordinated in their propaganda, without knowing a single thing about the groups behind the scenes.

libertygrl
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER! :) Glad to have you here. Welcome to the Revolution and spread the word!

ConCap
01-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Your first paragraph brought tears to my eyes.

Your second paragraph needs a slight correction. IMHO, Rush and others like him are just carrying water for the Establishment, period. Doesn't have to be Republican, per se. Republican and Democrat are just two sides of the same coin. Those guys work for the STATUS QUO, the State. They are statist propagandists.

"Republican and Democrat are just two sides of the same coin".

KNOW IT OR NOT, YOU HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, AND THAT LIGHT WILL LEAD YOU TO TRUE FREEDOM.
If everyone in the U.S. came to this conclusion, there would be no stopping America.

THE CONSTITUTION IS “A” POLITICAL.
YOU ARE FOR THE CONSTITUTION OR YOU ARE AGAINST IT.

We need to keep this thread alive. It is the true way.

affa
01-20-2012, 12:19 PM
i had my blinders taken off over 20 years ago.

your skin will grow thick. in a way, it's easier now - you have a support group. back then, i felt alone. there's a reason many of the 'outsiders' that are shunned or made fun of are 'outsiders'. and back then, there wasn't a symbol of liberty like Ron Paul that was so at odds with the intended narrative... while the media manipulation was still prevalent, they were all on the same page, so to speak. Now, Ron Paul's like a neon sign, drawing full attention to their methods. The internet helps too, certainly, because it allows us to connect and share -- verses going 'what the heck was that' and then just watching the next show.

now our numbers are huge. they will tell us we are losing and use all of the language at their fingertips to do so: unelectable. fringe. young. third party. kooky. conspiracy theorists. rude. Everything they can do to keep those with blinders on from actually LOOKING at us, and seeing themselves.

Because that's the trick -- they control the message not by selecting a specific narrative, but by silencing narratives opposed to their own. You can't let people hear a message of truth and liberty, because it risks waking them up.

Welcome to the revolution.

AuH20
01-20-2012, 12:21 PM

Beck's show is what you take from it. Some people are going to be unnerved by his faith and his partiality towards Israel. However, he's miles ahead of the other schmucks in terms of presenting the truth. It's not even close. The other pundits basically stick to the whole Republican loyalty script, which is very unbecoming.

Moebedda
01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Are you a former Rush, Hannity, Medved, Beck believer?

I'm guilty of still listening to them at times, but only to see how bad the bias has become. Once you've been awakened, it is infuriating. What kills me is how they have all the control over what goes over the airwaves. They can make stuff up, they can screen calls, they can cut off callers, they can talk over callers. And then, of course, they can promote and spin with their candidate with abandon. The truth is that they want Obama (or someone with the same policies as Obama) to win. We have a one-party system, after all.

And a major part of their propaganda is that they are somehow NOT THE MEDIA.

Makes me sick. Literally.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
Been there done that. Was a Rush fan for 20 years and Hannity for 4 or 5 years. FOX News. The whole works. I voted for Paul in 2008 in the primaries but never really got involved in the movement. Then I saw a video one day about a year ago about how FOX ignored Ron Paul in 2008 and even left him out of a debate. I remembered that, but it never really hit me at the time because I got my news from FOX. I then decided to do my own research and was I astounded at the information I found. I woke up in more ways than one. Rush and Hannity simply make me nauseous anymore to listen to and I canceled my cable TV because that is nothing but consumer driven brainwashing too. Nothing to see on the network news channels either. I can watch the streams of the debates still while not supporting them financially.

I do enjoy NPR now. They actually have civil discussions with opposing view points and no yelling.

steph3n
01-20-2012, 12:41 PM
before 07, I'd been listening to rush since his old Echostar sat broadcasts that I'd have to fine tune my sat to receive properly. I remember the ross perot days about the black helicopter are coming to get me parodies, and several others that really sunk Perot back in the day.

Looking back now I realize that Rush was always a big govt fraud, and making money off of me and millions of others was his only goal.

I am only 28, but been interested in politics since at least age 6.

Mordan
01-20-2012, 12:57 PM

Yea cynically when my and your grandparents and parent have died. The Internet Generation will never be so easily brainwashed. When People like Ben Swann are in charge in the media. Then again we will be seen as brainwashed by our grand children unless we are wary to always question ourselves.

enjerth
01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Proof of concept. Reason is more powerful than fear.

Working Poor
01-20-2012, 01:19 PM
The internet has helped, but the Truth was out there long before the internet

Yep.

olehounddog
01-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Welcome friend

papitosabe
01-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Welcome, I was in the same crowd as you. I was more of a liberal than most neo-cons but I was all for going to war to "get em turrists".

You become so much less apathetic when you hear the truth. Its intoxicating because its the message our nation fought and was founded on.

you read my mind...

It's pretty amazing once their blindfold has been lifted, eh?

Your job now is to help others lift their blindfolds as well. It's not easy. As you know, if someone would have tried to lift yours, you would have gotten angry and told them how stupid they are and how THEY were the ones being brainwashed like THEY were in some kind of cult.

Just be kind. Understand why they feel the way they do. And give them more information. Youtube has done more for Ron Paul and the liberty movement than anything you will ever see on TV. You should also encourage them to watch C-Span whenever Paul is speaking because the commentary on his thoughts is low and it allows the viewer to really make their own decisions. Eventually, when their own thoughts conflict with what they're seeing on cable news, you will know the opportunity to remove the blindfold is opening.

^^THIS^^

mosquitobite
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
I love this thread!! <3

Mini-Me
01-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm SOOO happy to see such an influx of passionate newcomers! It's amazing how quickly people go from open-mindedness to epiphany to flat-out conviction. The message really is continuing to spread, one person at a time. I'm not sure if there will ever be a ceiling for how high our "hard support" will go, but I'm glad we haven't reached it yet!

Beck's show is what you take from it. Some people are going to be unnerved by his faith and his partiality towards Israel. However, he's miles ahead of the other schmucks in terms of presenting the truth. It's not even close. The other pundits basically stick to the whole Republican loyalty script, which is very unbecoming.

I agree that Beck is substantially different, but I also view him as "honey, honey, poison." He'll talk a good game to round up the disenchanted conservatives and build up his credibility, but when push comes to shove, he'll throw anyone promoting real change right under the bus. Consider Deborah Medina, and what he's been doing recently with Ron Paul hit pieces. What really matters is what he says when elections are happening. In the past I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt a little more, but I'm becoming more and more convinced he's just playing a "propagandist of last resort" role to subtly guide us back to the farm, so to speak. Maybe I'm wrong, but regardless...honey, honey, poison. We can do better. :p

shelskov
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
It is crazy that once your eyes are open it is nearly impossible to carry on conversations with people who still think the way you used to. You just cannot reverse your mind back to the state of ignorance they are in (and you used to be in) once your eyes are open. It is frustrating trying to help open their eyes because it is so obvious to you but not to them, you just want to say "open your eyes!" and have them see, but it is a slow process.

I am working on refining my defense of liberty enough to help bring other conservatives out of the days of ignorance and in to the light.

mosquitobite
01-20-2012, 02:26 PM
It is crazy that once your eyes are open it is nearly impossible to carry on conversations with people who still think the way you used to. You just cannot reverse your mind back to the state of ignorance they are in (and you used to be in) once your eyes are open. It is frustrating trying to help open their eyes because it is so obvious to you but not to them, you just want to say "open your eyes!" and have them see, but it is a slow process.

I am working on refining my defense of liberty enough to help bring other conservatives out of the days of ignorance and in to the light.

Let me know if you come up with something that works! I'm still trying on a bunch of people! ;)

It really is an apocalypse (unveiling). The veil from your eyes is lifted and you can't ever put it back on.

(for me the veil was lifted in 2000/2001 when Republicans had total control and did NOTHING to change our federal government - that's when they lost me!)