PDA

View Full Version : Univision Reporters Tell Ron Paul Supporter He Has No Right To Record Them

kylejack
01-20-2012, 09:43 AM
From Carlos Miller's Photography Is Not A Crime blog:

http://www.pixiq.com/article/univision-reporters-tell-ron-paul-supporter-not-to-record-them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_etdEP9qxk

steph3n
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
The only thing she has a point on is RP being respectful, and if asked nicely not to record them it would go a lot further than making up bs 'laws' citing why they can't record. You better believe if Ron were told that it was illegal he'd have some fight back to that too, because it is clearly NOT illegal.

Edward
01-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I know this won't fly well around here but there is fair bit of rationalization going on in that video... like focusing on what the camera crew did wrong. Just because you have the right to do something, that doesn't mean you should do something.

kylejack
01-20-2012, 12:16 PM
I know this won't fly well around here but there is fair bit of rationalization going on in that video... like focusing on what the camera crew did wrong. Just because you have the right to do something, that doesn't mean you should do something.
The guy with the sign probably should have left them alone since they were covering a Ron Paul march.

The guy with the camera was just documenting the situation and did nothing wrong. Cameras keep everyone accountable for their actions. We have to use our rights or we lose them.

Edward
01-20-2012, 12:25 PM
The guy with the sign probably should have left them alone since they were covering a Ron Paul march.

The guy with the camera was just documenting the situation and did nothing wrong. Cameras keep everyone accountable for their actions. We have to use our rights or we lose them.

For what it's worth, I agree with all of that.

BamaFanNKy
01-20-2012, 12:36 PM
There is a point where we go from being energetic to assholes. Let's watch that line.

slamhead
01-20-2012, 12:40 PM
It does nothing to support Ron Paul to get in confrontations with people. If they disprove of you getting in their camera shot....let them be.

kuckfeynes
01-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh come on, if she has such a great point about being respectful, how about not trying to play on people's ignorance of the law to do her bidding?
She was the one that went disrespectful first. She knows damn well that it is not illegal and the cop (thank you good cop!) called her bluff.
I applaud these people, not for representing Ron Paul well, but for exercising their rights when those rights were being challenged.

pcosmar
01-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Wait a second..

???
It is a Ron Paul Parade/event.. correct
They are the "media" covering the event?
They don't want to see Ron Paul signs. (I saw that before from FOX)

They don't want to allow recording in a public place, (even though they are recording in a public place)

And excuse me,, Is Univision even an American Media organization?

This has WTF written all over it.

kylejack
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
More from PINAC:

Here's another who stood up for his rights during a sign wave back in October.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo77rvrHt1w

And for a little role reversal, here's a guy that was told to stop taping an anti-Semite being thrown out at a C4L event. They lay hands on his camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXOcYJJN9FQ

moderate libertarian
01-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Wait a second..

???

They don't want to allow recording in a public place, (even though they are recording in a public place)

Well put,

sanssq
01-20-2012, 01:44 PM
It does nothing to support Ron Paul to get in confrontations with people. If they disprove of you getting in their camera shot....let them be.

So you are supposed to accept the premise that filming the crew was unlawful? I probably would have backed off on the sign, but filming the media? No way.

thoughtomator
01-20-2012, 01:48 PM
They have a mission and fair coverage ain't it. Expose hypocrisy.

123tim
01-20-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't think that this is being represented properly.

Sure, the woman is wrong about the right to record, but what in the world transpired before this?
First, what happened in those seconds between 0:43 and 0:44 that we didn't see? Was something edited out that we weren't supposed to see?

Why should the Ron Paul supporter ask what he's doing wrong? Isn't it obvious that that these people didn't want the Ron Paul sign held 3 feet away from the head of the person being interviewed?

It's obvious that the Univision reporter and cameraman moved to a different angle to avoid the Ron Paul sign. Why did the Ron Paul supporter move to be in the shot again?

And why was the Ron Paul person recording suddenly in the middle of the crew from Univision? What happened to get him in this position?

Sure it's a public place, but what happened to common courtesy? Why do we ask what were doing wrong when we know what we're doing wrong?

Maybe this camera crew was just frustrated because they were tired of the "in you face" attitude of these supporters. I didn't hear any mention of turning off the camera until the Ron Paul guy (with the camera) was in the middle of the mix, pointing his camera into other peoples faces.

I respectfully ask why we can't have a little common sense, and common courtesy towards others?

papitosabe
01-20-2012, 02:18 PM
if you saw the lengths that reporters and cameramen go to get a story on the spanish channels, you'd be surprised...the reporters are more ruthless in questioning than American ones, and will do just about anything to get a story...I've watched some of the shows and have been disgusted at times... I think its perfectly fine to have others film as was done here...

pcosmar
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
From the "Way Back Machine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWzrb2vwTIw

Bosco Warden
01-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Wait a second..

???

I agree completely!!

I am having a hard time seeing this any other way, what is the protest against this video again?

Give it rest already. You're sadly mistaken.

papitosabe
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
was this an actual Ron Paul parade? i saw another video where there were like 5 or 6 people carrying a big sign at that miami event and then called it a ron paul parade..I think it may have been a segment of the parade, but not an entire parade in his name...

ronpablo
01-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Love how the RP supporters start speaking spanish with the univision crew! wish i could, libertad!

papitosabe
01-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Love how the RP supporters start speaking spanish with the univision crew! wish i could, libertad!

you should of seen the latter video and how they treated the Univision producer Revenga...those damn RP supporters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SUbGjw8AOc

helmuth_hubener
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Slimedia deserves no respect. Obnoxious authoritarian slimedia deserves active disrespect. They are unwelcome in polite society. Good people everywhere despise, shun, and harass them. I am 100% on the videographer and sign-holder's side.

LibForestPaul
01-20-2012, 06:11 PM
I have no problem with the ron paul press guy filming. The univision press were a bunch of assholes trying to get a guy with a badge to violate someone else's right. The guy with the sign was a turd.