PDA

View Full Version : Rep Dr Ron Paul "Power Prayer" WebSite LIVE!

Mark
11-11-2007, 06:21 AM

There's just not much there yet.. ;)

http://www.paulprayer.com/

Hopefully it will become a 'proper' site soon.. and.. asap..

any and all POSITIVE suggestions appreciated.. :)

I'm thinking.. like.. having a "form" or "checklist" of some kind..
in order for people to enter 'when' they will be praying ect..

( I need to 'dust off' my HTML ~ PHP ~ Javascript ~ ect ~ books )

Per the genius of:

This is not in any way meant to disparage the MANY wonderful RP supporters who are not believers, and I please ask for them to refrain from negatively commenting in this thread about invisible sky gods, etc etc.

To my fellow believing friends: during the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin said: (an odd quote for a supposed Deist, btw)

In this situation of this Assembly, groping as it were in the dark to find political truth, and scarce able to distinguish it when presented to us, how has it happened, Sir, that we have not hitherto once thought of humbly applying to the Father of lights to illuminate our understandings? In the beginning of the Contest with G. Britain, when we were sensible of danger we had daily prayer in this room for the divine protection.-Our prayers, Sir, were heard, & they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending providence in our favor. To that kind providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace on the means of establishing our future national felicity. And have we now forgotten that powerful friend? or do we imagine that we no longer need his assistance?

I feel that we are also at this point. I believe that this campaign is only where it is with the aid of our Heavenly Father. Yes we have all been working hard, but isn't it amazing that almost every obstacle that has been placed in the path of this campaign has turned to our favor?

Therefore, I call upon each of us to continue to call for guidance, and I would also like to designate 9 p.m. Eastern on Thanksgiving day for us to join together in prayer, with our families where possible, and thank the Giver of all Good Gifts for our Freedoms that we still enjoy and for this opportunity to win our lost freedoms back. let us ask for his continued divine guidance and blessing upon this cause, and ask that the hearts of the American people will be opened to the freedom message that Ron Paul represents.

Sorry, there is no website and I can't make a graph to register "heaven-hits" but I would ask those of you who like this idea to contribute to it, spread it and help us have a national outpouring requesting heavenly aid on Thanksgiving day at 9 p.m. Eastern.

edit: by contribute to it, i do not mean money, I mean contribute your ideas on how we can unite this nation in this effort!
Darn televangelists have made it hard to say the words "prayer" and "contribute" in the same sentence without feeling like you need to take a shower.

Man from La Mancha
11-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Not bad if you can keep it minimal, don't tell people how to pray and maybe set specific times so all minds kind work in unison like Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Maybe a picture of Ron Paul also.IMO

Mark
11-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Not bad if you can keep it minimal, don't tell people how to pray and maybe set specific times so all minds kind work in unison. Maybe a picture of Ron Paul also.IMO

That's the idea.. "Keep It Short and Simple"

And.. ALL-INCLUSIVE.. all people are on their own path..

doesn't have to be "prayer".. positive thoughts are most welcome too..

and.. GOOD IDEA..

a pic/graphic of some kind that.. maybe.. links to the Campaign site
and other relevent information..

yep.. and.. I think.. that was one of OI's main ideas..
to have a specific time(s) to join together in prayer/thoughts..

Mark
11-11-2007, 07:46 AM

Added a couple of pics

linking back to http://www.RonPaul2008.com

jb4ronpaul
11-11-2007, 08:14 AM
maybe a place where people could add their own prayers or intentions that others can read. It could be categorized too, Christian, Jewish, Islamic, etc. I bet there are some people out there who could write some beautiful prayers.

CelestialRender
11-11-2007, 08:22 AM
I think we should focus on just having a date and time up that we all agree on (the original 9pm EST, thanksgiving day seems quite fine to me), and just letting people do with that what they want.

Mark
11-11-2007, 08:23 AM
maybe a place where people could add their own prayers or intentions that others can read. It could be categorized too, Christian, Jewish, Islamic, etc. I bet there are some people out there who could write some beautiful prayers.

Another genius!!

My web host has LOTS of free 'add-ons' that I could use
to do something like that..

That's brilliant..

Thank you so much jb!!

p.s.

I changed the 'text' some too.. from earlier..

~~~~~~~~

Paul Prayer is a "Power Prayer" site

for those who pray

and send positive thoughts

in their own individual way

for Presidential Candidate Rep. Dr. Ron Paul

~~~~~~~~~~

Richie
11-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm in! Actually, I'm already in. I pray for Ron Paul almost every day.

Mark
11-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I think we should focus on just having a date and time up that we all agree on (the original 9pm EST, thanksgiving day seems quite fine to me), and just letting people do with that what they want.

Ok CR.. what I did was put new text up, with a date and time..

I used GMT in order to be more "friendly" to all time zones..

how's this for a quick start?

"The Initial, Main, "Power Prayer" Time, is Nov. 22th, 2007 at 4:00pm GMT"

When I'm able to do more (fancier site) I'll keep the same reference time.

Mark
11-11-2007, 09:54 AM

Alright jb.. I created a forum for right now..

I'm new at this.. and.. I haven't created any 'categories' yet..
for example.. individual religions/beliefs ect..

but.. I believe it's good to go.. as far as registering/posting

"Welcome to the Paul Prayer "Power Prayer" Forum"

"An open forum for all faiths and persuasions "

http://www.paulprayer.com/ppf

VRP08
11-11-2007, 09:57 AM
let's just make sure it all doesn't become a religious debate

Original_Intent
11-11-2007, 10:05 AM
I really like what you have done so far, Mark!

Maybe in parenthesis have the time in Eastern time. Most of us in the US can convert from Eastern time, but I think GMT most people will not understand (?) at least not in the US.

If you could change the "power prayer" time to 9:00 Eastern, I think that will be a good time for the continental US, and that time ahs already been sent out to numberous Meetup groups.

Thank you thank you for doing this. If you could incorporate the Franklin quote, I would love that, but I understand we don't want to clutter things up too much.

I am sorry for any misgivings I had about you doing this, you have done a very nice "open to everyone" concept.

Mark
11-11-2007, 10:09 AM
let's just make sure it all doesn't become a religious debate

Absolutely VR.. :)

This is STRICKLY .. to 'gather together' in "prayer/positive thoughts" at certain times..

no "heavy" debates.. ect.. ;)

after all.. we're trying to represent the good Dr Paul..

in a way that he would be proud of.. and proud of us.. :)

Mark
11-11-2007, 11:51 AM

ok.. I think that's all I can do for now..

I'm too tired.. ;)

and I need to sleep a bit before this.. 'early' evening..

The site.. forum... and main initial "Power Prayer" time is live..

If y'all have any more ideas for now.. let me know and I'll do what I can..

I think we have a decent start for now..

peace...

Mark
11-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I really like what you have done so far, Mark!

Maybe in parenthesis have the time in Eastern time. Most of us in the US can convert from Eastern time, but I think GMT most people will not understand (?) at least not in the US.

If you could change the "power prayer" time to 9:00 Eastern, I think that will be a good time for the continental US, and that time ahs already been sent out to numberous Meetup groups.

Thank you thank you for doing this. If you could incorporate the Franklin quote, I would love that, but I understand we don't want to clutter things up too much.

I am sorry for any misgivings I had about you doing this, you have done a very nice "open to everyone" concept.

Thanks OI.. :)

I was so exhausted when you wrote this that I missed it.. ;)

After a few hours sleep I'm better..

I'm a bit dyslexic.. just a bit.. and I was so tired.. even the GMT time was wrong..
I subtracted 5 hours from 9:00pm EST instead of ADDING 5 hours.. :D

I just changed it to: ~ Nov 22, 9:00EST

I'll work on the Franklin quote for ya.. fix it somehow..
the page isn't perfect now.. it's just a starter..

but.. the message will still be basically the same ect..
I'll just try and 'present it' in a nicer way.. :p

Fred McRomliani
11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Mark - thank you for this. The page is dynamite and it's only getting better!

qsecofr
11-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Great job Mark, I'm not the religious type but I am inspired by what you're doing. :)

Mark
11-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Mark - thank you for this. The page is dynamite and it's only getting better!

It's a "labor of Love" friend Fred and qsecofr ... :)

"President Ron Paul" is all

the thanks I need... ;)

p.s.

qsecofr... I'm not the 'religious type' either.. spiritual.. yes.. very very much..

I DO believe in the 'basic' Christian teachings ect.. but.. it's not "Religion" to me..
it's a personal 'relationship' with God.. (if that makes sense..)

Mark
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
If you could incorporate the Franklin quote, I would love that, but I understand we don't want to clutter things up too much.

Alrighty then.. :)

I added the quote and ..

I've got it so that both pics are visible.. when the page loads..

maybe.. see what you think so far.. (please remember.. this is still a 'starter page')

I am sorry for any misgivings I had about you doing this, you have done a very nice "open to everyone" concept.Loving Dr Paul means never having to say your sorry.. :p

Reminds me of a song by 'The Animals' ~ "Don't let me be misunderstood"

" But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..

Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.. ;)

Mark
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM

This "Grassroots" front page is becoming depressing

with all of the "doom and gloom" posts all of a sudden..

I've got an idea.. maybe..

Pray... or think positive thoughts...

And.. perhaps.. watch this vid from this morning..

It's beautiful and should lift your spirits too.. :)

Ron Paul on Face The Nation 11-11-07 ( full interview ~ 8:44 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doavZBg3PJM

Mark
11-14-2007, 01:50 AM

http://paulprayer.com/ppf/index.php

I've added different categories now, and moved the current posts to their respective ones.

If you have any suggestions for more categories, please let me know.

However, at this point, please keep in mind that the "Belief Categories"
are "general" in nature, and not "specific".

For example, the 'Christian' category, will contain posts from all forms of Christianity,
such as Baptist, Catholic, Gnostic, ect.

The aim of the PaulPrayer Forum is for prayer and 'positive thought' support for Dr. Paul,
not to separate faiths, and sects, and beliefs, but,
to join them together, in prayer and thoughts, for Dr. Paul.

Thank you,
Mark

Mark
11-21-2007, 07:34 PM

http://paulprayer.com/

The Main, Initial, "Power Prayer" Time, is Nov. 22nd, 2007 at 9:00pm EST

{ Nov 23rd, 2:00am GMT }

The Event Begins
in
about 24 hours!!

Please join us to pray and send positive thoughts in your own individual way

for our dear Dr Paul
on
this day of thanks!

"In this situation of this Assembly, groping as it were in the dark to find political truth,
and scarce able to distinguish it when presented to us,
how has it happened, Sir, that we have not hitherto once thought of humbly applying to the Father of lights
to illuminate our understandings?

In the beginning of the Contest with Great Britain,
when we were sensible of danger we had daily prayer in this room for the divine protection.

Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered.

All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances
of a superintending providence in our favor.

To that kind providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace
on the means of establishing our future national felicity.

And have we now forgotten that powerful friend?

Or do we imagine that we no longer need his assistance?"