PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rep. Ron Paul was the fourth candidate in the debate.

affa
01-20-2012, 06:30 AM
The only mention of Ron Paul in the cnn.com article linked to from Drudge (under 'electrifying') is:

"Texas Rep. Ron Paul was the fourth candidate in the debate." halfway down the page.

hxx p://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/politics/gop-debate/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Seriously?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-20-2012, 06:37 AM
They are back to ignoring him like never before.

Whatever happened to "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win." ?

After attack, they just go right back to ignore.

Kords21
01-20-2012, 06:39 AM
They're in a feedback loop

pacelli
01-20-2012, 06:55 AM
I knew we were in trouble last night when Ron gave perhaps the best debate performance of his campaign. Then CNN started clipping him out of their group shots, only showing 3 candidates. I wonder why the campaign is allowing Paul to be put on the end of every stage like that.

Anyways, I agree they are cycling between attacking and ignoring. Ron needs a 1st place win, the question is can the campaign pull it off without the media?

They gave Paul a media surge for about 24 hours between Iowa and New Hampshire, right before they surged Huntsman. Then they started surging Newt and that continues today.

moostraks
01-20-2012, 07:02 AM
The FOX news radio brief mentions polling Newt and Romney then Santorum polling fourth no Paul mention. It is frustrating, but they want to make us feel deflated and defeated. I hope it is eye opening to new folks and if so that they keep swatting the hornets nest by biased reporting.

centure7
01-20-2012, 07:10 AM
The FOX news radio brief mentions polling Newt and Romney then Santorum polling fourth no Paul mention. It is frustrating, but they want to make us feel deflated and defeated. I hope it is eye opening to new folks and if so that they keep swatting the hornets nest by biased reporting.Its pretty tough to feel defeated when polling is at RECORD HIGHS. 14% nationally now, and unlike Gingrich we have the momentum.

rp2012win
01-20-2012, 07:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4N8iyFGKzw&feature=youtu.be

At least they said candidate. Fox News this morning just said he was the "4th person"

tbill1
01-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Watched the Today show this morning.. You wouldn't even know that Ron Paul was there, as he was never even in the picture let alone mentioned. The frame always had the other 3 candidates.

ShaneEnochs
01-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Keep your eye on the ball guys.

MrGoose
01-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Article is edited now to include a bit about the Doctor.

ShaneEnochs
01-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Article is edited now to include a bit about the Doctor.

A bit is right. They didn't even list his answers on the issue, simply that he got to answer the question.

Butchie
01-20-2012, 08:51 AM
In all fairness I'll take being ignored over the attacks, I think some of us are forgetting what it was like when he was in the headlines: "So Dr. Paul, how about those racist newsletters", "One of your fomer staffers says you're homophobic and think George Bush planned 9/11" - press like that we don't need, ignored is better in my opinion.

cajuncocoa
01-20-2012, 08:54 AM
They are back to ignoring him like never before.

Whatever happened to "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win." ?

After attack, they just go right back to ignore.

They've been ignoring him and attacking him for a long time. I'm ready to see him WIN.