PDA

View Full Version : Slogan-Liberty is brewing?

tarsus
11-11-2007, 05:50 AM
I think one reason the 5th was so popular was the slogan we borrowed: "Remember remember the 5th of November." The slogan has a good rhythm when you say it. I know I used it all the time to spread the news. Liberty is brewing doesn't seem as catchy as the 5th's. If not for the site, we could at least have better slogans for the 15th's meetup events to promote the 16th.

Some ideas:

No taxation (or militarization) without justification
Corporate oil steals the spoils
No subsidy for Texas tea

Drknows
11-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Brewing a revolution?

A revolution is brewing?

wealeat
11-11-2007, 05:59 AM
I think of "Liberty is brewing" more as a tagline than actual slogan. I have read the no taxation one on here a few times on here.

I like the one from one of the popular videos "This Christmas, ask not what your country can give to you, but what you can give to your country."

Conza88
11-11-2007, 07:13 AM
"No taxation without representation."

The 5th slogan was historical, and so should this one be. Congress represents the American people? LOL don't think so.. the war would be over if it did.

James R
11-11-2007, 07:18 AM
This has been talked about extensively by about 100 people, and most of us think
"A R[evol]ution is Brewing" is the best alternative. In fact a lot of people use that as the slogan.

But we also generally think that "Liberty is brewing" is a pretty good slogan too.

The chances of a more popular slogan than either "Liberty is brewing" or "A Revolution is brewing" is very slim.

LBT
11-11-2007, 07:58 AM
I also prefer "A Revolution is Brewing".

We shouldn't be afraid that calling this a revolution will scare people. I think it will excite many more people than it will scare.

And the fact is it is true. This is a revolution and will be remembered for the next century at least as one, even if Ron Paul doesn't get in the white house.

Gary North writes about this revolution in detail here:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north584.html

This will be remembered as shaking the establishment as did the writings of Martin Luther.

The establishment has been in control of the masses for as long as they can remember. Now the people can communicate with one another almost free and instantaneously. We are no longer dependent on MSM for our ideas. We are becoming independent and the future of politics will reflect this. This is truly a revolution.

hillertexas
11-11-2007, 08:10 AM
I like "Revolution is brewing"

FreeTraveler
11-11-2007, 09:01 AM
You'll see "Liberty is Brewing", "[A] Revolution is Brewing" and "Brewing A Revolution" on various pieces of promo material already. "Liberty is Brewing" makes a great tagline, as wealeat said, and works great on the Website, since that's the most "mainstream" site of the event.

At the same time, the rEVOLution is very well-known, and we don't want to lose that edginess, so those slogans will show up on lots of promo stuff, too.

We need both Sons of Liberty ("rEVOLution is Brewing") and supporters who consider that radical, who will go for the "Liberty is Brewing" slogan, if we want to get Dr. Paul into that big chair behind the big desk in the Oval Office.