PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's future TV events

american.swan
11-11-2007, 05:46 AM
I would like to link you to a good post showing what is about to happen. I take absolutely no credit. It just so happens to be burried in another thread and perhaps needs it's own post. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=389842&postcount=18)

tsetsefly
11-11-2007, 06:00 AM
utubers be ready!

american.swan
11-12-2007, 12:16 AM
People are talking about this so I am going to bump it up.

Akus
11-12-2007, 12:19 AM
GOP and Fox are too stupid to notice the pattern. And the pattern is:

Ron Paul -------------------> quality television

jj111
11-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Writers' Strike Effect on Television:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Writers_Guild_of_America_strike#Effect_on_tel evision

The Oprah Winfrey Show uses non-union writers, and thus will be unaffected by the strike.[31]

Late night comedy shows such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Last Call with Carson Daly, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Late Show with David Letterman, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report and Saturday Night Live began airing reruns immediately.[2] However, The Tonight Show may resume new episodes beginning November 19, but using guest hosts to fill in for Jay Leno, who refused to cross the picket lines.[32]

Mid-season shows, such as 24, Dirt and The Riches, began production after most other TV shows, so they have completed fewer episodes to date.

The strike does not affect reality shows such as American Idol, whose episodes are unscripted, or news programs, whose writers belong to a different guild.[40]. However, CBS News and CBS's locally owned and operated station news operations are currently subject to a different strike action by WGA which may be authorized November 15, as CBS News writers under WGA have been without a contract with the network since April 2005.[41]

Specific Shows:

The View ABC Is currently continuing, with a statement by the network that "contingency plans have been made in the event of a strike." [49]

Late Show With David Letterman CBS Immediate reruns began on November 5, 2007.[58]

Summary: Looks like Letterman and 60 Minutes may be affected by the strike.