PDA

View Full Version : The question CNN was GOING to ask Dr. Paul from social media before the crowd spoke up....

BrittanySligar
01-19-2012, 11:50 PM
King ended the pro-life discussion with, "congressman Paul, we'll get you in on this one"

At this point, the camera panned to the disappointed audience, BUT the question that they were GOING to ask Dr. Paul was visible on the screen when they were panning through the crowd.

The question on the screen was:
"How do you plan to deal with the growing Iran issue while balancing avoidance of another war"

Sure, they wanted to get Dr. Paul in on THAT one.

http://i.imgur.com/eJyDb.jpg

unknown
01-19-2012, 11:51 PM
You aint kiddin'.

Did they hammer him on foreign policy?

libertythor
01-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Wow! I give Ron Paul and the supporters in the crowd an A+ instead of an A- now for successfully preventing being railroaded by selective questions by CNN.

nano1895
01-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Ron Paul was so on the answers tonight that I'm going to assume that he had a homerun answer already prepared. And the way that question is worded actually works to his benefit. If he was going to get grilled on foreign policy, I would've taken that question.

freeforall
He would have owned it either way.

libertythor
You aint kiddin'.

Did they hammer him on foreign policy?

Not in this debate. The crowd forcing the moderator to allow Ron Paul to answer the abortion question prevented it.

archangel689
01-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Not in this debate. The crowd forcing the moderator to allow Ron Paul to answer the abortion question prevented it.

PWNED They wanted him to end on a bad note.

freeforall
01-19-2012, 11:56 PM
If you think about it, the fact that the audience shouted to hear him answer that question shows that they were educated on his positions and wanted them to be heard. That is pretty cool!

doronster195
Lol that's awesome!

Constitutional Paulicy
The crowd demanding Ron Paul speaking time on the topic was phenomenal. It may change the way the average person observes the media in the coming debates etc..

BrittanySligar
01-20-2012, 12:00 AM
screenshot added

J_White
01-20-2012, 12:02 AM
wow ! audience forced the mod to give him time !! amazing !

idiom
01-20-2012, 12:07 AM
The booing was epic. Moderator got called out for blatant shilling. It was the second time RP got to attack the mod for avoiding RP's strong points.

bluesc
01-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Thank god for that audience.

MrGoose
01-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Huge

brushfire
01-20-2012, 12:13 AM
LOL!!! I was wondering that myself!

+REP The crowd foils CNN's evil plan! AWESOME!.

Dreamer
01-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Wow... say what you wish on how well Paul would have answered, but you can't say Abortion answers gave him boos while Foreign Policy answers got only applause in the past.

The audience may have very well just saved Ron Paul the praise he have this time versus the negativity we found here last time.

J_White
01-20-2012, 12:23 AM
what possible reason could there be for not asking a question to a candidate, when there are only 4 of them on the stage ?
why, except for bias ?

toast
01-20-2012, 12:25 AM
I would absolutely not be surprised at all if at the next debate they institute a policy from here on out of no audience reactions allowed. Or, of course, Mitt might just "grow weary" of doing the whole debate thing, as his campaign has hinted this, saying they haven't responded yet to the Florida debate invitations. He is looking WEAK (well, he always has, but now even more so after the past 2 debates). I imagine if that did happen they would just end the debates altogether.

Tyler_Durden
01-20-2012, 12:25 AM
This audience was open to the public, unlike the Fox debate...

Tyler_Durden
01-20-2012, 12:27 AM
I would absolutely not be surprised at all if at the next debate they institute a policy from here on out of no audience reactions allowed. Or, of course, Mitt might just "grow weary" of doing the whole debate thing, as his campaign has hinted this, saying they haven't responded yet to the Florida debate invitations. He is looking WEAK (well, he always has, but now even more so after the past 2 debates). I imagine if that did happen they would just end the debates altogether.

I've learned to read Mitt's body language and increased stuttering when he's dodging a question or being deceptive with his answer. He would be a poor poker player. I'd take his money...

Dreamer
01-20-2012, 12:28 AM

If Ron Paul doesn't win, this is why Newt is the next best person to win SC. It will force Romney to keep attending or look like a coward.

mmadness
01-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Looks like the strategy of giving all the other candidates debate time backfired on them. We'll take the breaks when we can.

groverblue
01-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Ron Paul was so on the answers tonight that I'm going to assume that he had a homerun answer already prepared. And the way that question is worded actually works to his benefit. If he was going to get grilled on foreign policy, I would've taken that question.

That was a well written question. It required an answer by someone who actually understood the problem. Paul would have hit a home run on that.

Dsylexic
01-20-2012, 02:40 AM
^^ have to agree.it was not a necon question.could have might well been a question from ronpaulforums.com

no wars needed -understood ,but how do we deal with our strategic interests (NOT ISRAEL's).
ANSWER: use calm minds -get the diplomats to work first. we can try to de-esclate tensions by pulling away our ships a couple of miles away.THIS De-esclation of tension will also,btw,bring a drop in gasoline prices which have a war premium built into it.this will also economically help us.we should be alert and respond to threats,but not impose sanctions on countries and provoke them into aggression

thoughtomator
01-20-2012, 02:50 AM
This is a very interesting thread on "Dr Ken Wilcox" from Twitter

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?p=170996

Some quotes from the doc for those of you that can't be bothered to read it:
"Offense description: Did knowingly and willfully move and travel within interstate and foreign commerce with the intent to avoid prosecution for the crimes of grand theft and aggravated fleeing and eluding which is a felony under the laws of Florida"
"Upon his release from Breward County Jail on December 07, 2004 fled the state of Florida bound for Cambodia. Information gained from the state department shows Kenneth D Wilcox is currently living in Cambodia. Kenneth D Wilcox is described as a white male, 5'09 tall, approximately 145 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes".

Depending on who he is speaking to, Wilcox claims to work for the Khmer Rouge Tribunal, the US embassy, freelance mental heath consultant, or NGO founder. The only job I've ever been able to confirm him actually having was a brief gig as an English teacher at a language school.

So folks, next time you see him, let someone at the US embassy know about it.

this description is consistent with his own Twitter account description and the psych office he has in Miami whose address is easily found in Google

This seems like one hell of an interesting character that he just so happened to get his question picked specially for Ron Paul. Given the way this played out, it just doesn't feel accidental.

Edward
01-20-2012, 03:07 AM
This seems like one hell of an interesting character that he just so happened to get his question picked specially for Ron Paul.

No doubt that guy has a lot of baggage of us own, but the question was a legitimate one and did not seem to be specifically addressed to Ron. Not that the audience would have liked his answer, but that would have been a softball question for Ron.

Peace&Freedom
01-20-2012, 03:40 AM
That was a well written question. It required an answer by someone who actually understood the problem. Paul would have hit a home run on that.

Never forget that the MSM moderator can always read an ok audience question but say "and let me add to that" (add attack rhetoric) to put Paul on the defensive. It's already happened in previous debates, that the questioner won't just leave the suggested question alone, but may add attack spin to it.

CaptainAmerica
01-20-2012, 03:53 AM
CNN had it in for Ron didnt they

nobody's_hero
01-20-2012, 03:53 AM
+rep to the crowd, lol

nobody's_hero
01-20-2012, 03:57 AM
I think it was also about not getting the OB-GYN to weigh in on the abortion issue. Dr. Paul was far more qualified to answer that question than anyone else on that stage, so the motive might have been there for them to try to skip Ron Paul.

They know what Dr. Paul's weaknesses with mainstream GOP voters are (foreign policy), but they know which of his strengths (medical system) to ignore as well.

Elegy
01-20-2012, 04:05 AM
The crowd demanding Ron Paul speaking time on the topic was phenomenal. It may change the way the average person observes the media in the coming debates etc..

I agree, I was very proud of them. The only thing that I wish Paul would have mentioned is that he is the only one on that stage that has introduced any type of legislation that would negate Roe v Wade. I know he mentioned the concept, but he never said that he has already attempted it and could not get any other help from the supposed pro lifers in Congress.

LadyBastiat
01-20-2012, 05:26 AM
I wanted to jump through the tv screen and bear hug the entire audience for doing that...alas Wonkavision has yet to be invented.

TheNewYorker
01-20-2012, 07:35 AM
CNN had it in for Ron didnt they

Well yes, it's called the liberal media. They want the liberal to be re-elected. So they are going to be against any Republican candidates that have a chance of winning the GOP nomination and then going on to defeat Obama in the general election. They are going to push the Republican candidates that won't win against Obama. They are pushing Romney because there will not be a Mormon president any time soon. They are pushing Newt because we will not have a fat president with that many scandals in his history waiting to be dug up. And Santorum is going no where. He's just in this to siphon votes from Paul.