PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Rabbinical Alliance Urges Social Conservatives to Reject Mitt Romney

FrankRep
01-19-2012, 11:27 PM
http://thenewamerican.com/images/stories2012/12aJanuary/mittromney-t.001.jpg

The Rabbinical Alliance of America urges South Carolina's GOP voters to reject Mitt Romney because of his belief that homosexuality is acceptable behavior.

Rabbinical Alliance Urges Social Conservatives to Reject Mitt Romney (http://thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/10589-rabbinical-alliance-urges-social-conservatives-to-reject-romney)

Bruce Walker | The New American (http://thenewamerican.com/)
19 January 2012

James Madison
01-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Why should Rabbis tell Christians how to vote?

FrankRep
01-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Because the religions of Judaism and Christianity view homosexuality as wrong and immoral.

James Madison
01-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Because the religions of Judaism and Christianity view homosexuality as wrong and immoral.

Show me a man who is without sin. So many people are stuck in the Old Testament way of Christianity, it's depressing.

rachmiel
01-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Since when in a democracy does someone need to belong to the majority to voice their opinion?

Kords21
01-19-2012, 11:43 PM
If these Christian conservatives back newt, then they give up their right to criticize anyone on moral grounds. The republican's party continued blackout of Ron Paul is just destroying their party at a very quick pace.

James Madison
01-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Since when in a democracy does someone need to belong to the majority to voice their opinion?

First of all, this isn't a democracy. From a theological perspective, a Rabbi adheres to only parts of the Old Testament. The New Testament, the ultimate expression of God's fulfillment through Christ, does not factor into the decision.

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2012, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdSiBehQpI

rachmiel
01-19-2012, 11:48 PM
First of all, this isn't a democracy. From a theological perspective, a Rabbi adheres to only parts of the Old Testament. The New Testament, the ultimate expression of God's fulfillment through Christ, does not factor into the decision.

You did not answer the question. Why was it relevant to you that they represent a Jewish group? Their plea was not directed to Christians, it was directed to all voters. You seem to imply that because the majority of those voters are Christian, they aren't entitled to have a voice.

FrankRep
01-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Show me a man who is without sin. So many people are stuck in the Old Testament way of Christianity, it's depressing.
Jesus didn't make homosexuality acceptable in the eyes of the Lord God. God still hates it.

James Madison
01-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Jesus didn't make homosexuality acceptable in the eyes of the Lord God. God still hates it.

I never said God doesn't hate it. He hates all sin; but He love us even more. That's the beauty of Christianity.

James Madison
01-19-2012, 11:58 PM
You did not answer the question. Why was it relevant to you that they represent a Jewish group? Their plea was not directed to Christians, it was directed to all voters. You seem to imply that because the majority of those voters are Christian, they aren't entitled to have a voice.

To be honest, the only people I've ever met with a hatred of homosexuality are Christians.

It's not relevant to me. I just thought it was odd. Sue me.

FrankRep
01-20-2012, 12:10 AM
I never said God doesn't hate it. He hates all sin; but He love us even more. That's the beauty of Christianity.
Mitt Romney's pro-homosexual beliefs makes him an unacceptable conservative leader and they don't want him running the country. Judaism and Christianity judge the leaders more harshly than regular people because they can lead people astray.

rachmiel
01-20-2012, 12:42 AM
To be honest, the only people I've ever met with a hatred of homosexuality are Christians.

It's not relevant to me. I just thought it was odd. Sue me.

Okay, it's all good.

Icymudpuppy
01-20-2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?189309-HOMOSEXUALITY-A-thesis.

I've already posted extensively on this topic.

Icymudpuppy
01-20-2012, 01:13 AM

Yet Jesus spent most of his private time visiting the homes of sinners.

Matthew 9:10-13

ericthethe
01-20-2012, 02:35 AM

In Christianity, the New testament is just as important as the Old.

. . .but He love us even more. That's the beauty of Christianity.

LOL

FrankRep
01-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Yet Jesus spent most of his private time visiting the homes of sinners.

Matthew 9:10-13
Jesus doesn't support Homosexuality, sorry.

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Hating the sin and loving the sinner are two different things. You may in fact hate the sin even worse if you know it's destroying the sinner and they don't even know it.

Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. He wants us washed from them. John 1:29 "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world".

FrankRep
01-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Hating the sin and loving the sinner are two different things. You may in fact hate the sin even worse if you know it's destroying the sinner and they don't even know it.

Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. He wants us washed from them. John 1:29 "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world".

First you must acknowledge that homosexuality IS a sin. Romney supports homosexuality and that makes him unfit for Leadership. God may love him, but he's unfit for leadership.

eduardo89
01-20-2012, 07:19 AM

Why should Israel dictate American foreign policy?

FlatIron
01-20-2012, 09:05 AM
First you must acknowledge that homosexuality IS a sin. Romney supports homosexuality and that makes him unfit for Leadership. God may love him, but he's unfit for leadership.

eveybody is a sinner doesnt matter.

specsaregood
01-20-2012, 09:19 AM

i almost defended Romney here; but if thats what it takes to keep him from winning then by all means go with it.
BUt the other guys are also disqualified on similar grounds. Neither Newt nor Santorum or are supporting discrimination for out of wedlock sex which IS a sin. That makes all of them unfit for leadership.

Icymudpuppy
01-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Jesus doesn't support Homosexuality, sorry.

But he didn't threaten to lock up and kill violators of the law. Instead, he sat down with them and offered them a chance to turn to god. Are you being tolerant? Are you offering spiritual guidance, or are you hating the sinner?

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2012, 11:34 AM
In Christianity, the New testament is just as more important than the Old.

Fixed that for you. ;)

gmc1988
01-20-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdSiBehQpI

The more I think about it, this is one of the main reasons why the establishment won't totally get behind Romney.

PierzStyx
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Fixed that for you. ;)

Not quite. The problem with Christianity is that it has for to long ignored one half of all of God's message to them. In fact a deep study of teh OT will reveal more of God's long term plan for the world than teh NT will. Ignore it at your own peril.

PierzStyx
01-21-2012, 08:41 PM
This article is bull. First of all it is not the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that gays should be discriminated against. We are defenders of traditional marriage against teh encroachment of same-sex marriage. But that doesn't mean teh church teaches that you should deny gays the right to serve their country, or to serve in governmental positions, or to have a political voice. In fact we PROTECT those rights. Every human being, no matter their sexual orientation, has those indivual rights given to them by God and a denial of thsoe rights would be against the will of God.

Does that mean promotion of a homosexual agenda? Of course not. We do know homosexuality is a sin. But you do not deny someone their rights based solely on a sin. You call them to repentance and the better way, the gosepl way. Only those sins that threaten life and property get legislated into law. Everything else though is about preserving indviual free will. Does that mean we allow for the possibility for someone to sin? Yes. But it also means we open the way for someone to return to God and life. This is our message to homosexuals. There is a better way and a better life, one that results in an eternal relationship and that it can be had through the gospel of Jesus Christ by keeping God's commandments and repentance.