PDA

View Full Version : Ron KICKED ASS at the debates once again! ALRIGHT!

SurfsUp
01-19-2012, 11:01 PM
And he said exactly what i'd hoped he'd say. He needs to keep doing it of course.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?349368-3-Things-Ron-MUST-SAY-to-WIN-Republicans-over.-1.TROOPS-ON-THE-BORDERS.-2-.S.S.-3.Defense

1. Put TROOPS ON THE BORDERS after we bring them home

2 .S.S. (said he wouldn't stop medical care for seniors)

3.Defense(covered that basically in a few ways.)

Overall, MAJOR WIN in getting his points across tonight.

tennman
01-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I just hope it translates to poll numbers and votes!

Indy Vidual
01-19-2012, 11:02 PM
+1776
Ron did well tonight :)

boneyard bill
01-19-2012, 11:04 PM
He didn't lay a glove on the other candidates. He's not comfortable attacking. Fortunately, they spent a lot of time attacking each other.

SurfsUp
01-19-2012, 11:09 PM
+1776
Ron did well tonight :)

Agree. ;]

Feeding the Abscess
01-19-2012, 11:24 PM
He didn't say put troops on the border, but yeah. It was a good debate.

DavidScott
01-19-2012, 11:27 PM

Actually he did.

GraspingForPeace
01-19-2012, 11:27 PM

I heard him say it... He said that we have troops on the borders of Afghanistan-Pakistan and that they would be better put to use over on our borders. He really should have said something about the drug war at that time as well..

SurfsUp
01-19-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm so glad Ron finally said he'd do something about the problem. None of those other muppets on stage will do a damn thing about the borders. This should awaken the anti-illegals bozos who wanted to stupidly vote for romney! This should also shut up people like michelle malkin or get her and others on our side, at least on this issue. I'm sure a lot of paleo conservatives like Pat buchanan will love this too.

=)

Student Of Paulism
01-19-2012, 11:31 PM
He didn't lay a glove on the other candidates. He's not comfortable attacking. Fortunately, they spent a lot of time attacking each other.

Lol what? Did you not see how he owned Santorum all night? Prescription Drug Mandate...then again on Right To Work...then the 'sensitive' comment. The first one was hands down the best, because Rick was firing at Mitt and Newt for mandates, then Ron calls Rick out for the shit he did with mandates and Rick couldn't respond to it lmao.

Ron upped his offense a lot here tonight, was very asssertive and was a welcome change. They call these 'debates' for reason, not 'Talking Point Fluff Shows' which they all too often become. This was probably one of the best debates all year.

Yes, last debate i was pissed and pointed out the flaws, but when he rocks like he did tonight, ill be the first to point that out too.

ElizabethR
01-19-2012, 11:33 PM
He said absolutely everything he needed to say, and even said what you guys have been begging him to address - how he stumbles over his words when he speaks. Everything he said was epic.

I <3 RON PAUL!!

Feeding the Abscess
01-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I heard him say it... He said that we have troops on the borders of Afghanistan-Pakistan and that they would be better put to use over on our borders. He really should have said something about the drug war at that time as well..

The context was resources, not troops. He said as much previously in his answer.

Student Of Paulism
01-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Eh, no. That drug war thing has been said time and again by him and i dont think that goes over very well in SC either. When he brings up, all too often people think he wants to legalize crack for everyone. Ron did great by not GOING INTO OTHER SUBJECTS when asked about something tonight, which got him his ass kicked in the last debate on the OBL question. He answered it, but then didnt stop and started talking about IRAQ and the US bombing endlessly on other countries and was ranting too much and got booed eventually. He kept it short and gave the answer needed this time, without going into a drug war rant. When they ask about drugs, or ask about race discrimination, it's best he brings it up for those things.

SurfsUp
01-19-2012, 11:42 PM
The context was resources, not troops. He said as much previously in his answer.

Eh WRONG and It's incredibly obvious when he says, take those resources and put them on our borders sure sounds like the military to me. =))))))) Or was it going to be bunny rabbits????

16:47 !!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWcp6vj61Y&feature=player_embedded#!

Feeding the Abscess
01-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Eh WRONG and It's incredibly obvious when he says, take those resources and put them on our borders sure sounds like the military to me. =))))))) Or was it going to be bunny rabbits????

He said resources, and he spoke in a previous debate against putting troops on the border.

SurfsUp
01-19-2012, 11:44 PM
AGAIN, It's incredibly obvious when he says, take those resources and put them on our borders, it sure sounds like the military to me. =))))))) Or was it going to be bunny rabbits????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWcp6vj61Y!

I know you're an open borders person "Feeding the Abscess", no need to get upset that ron would crack down on border crossing with military resources. Especially when NONE of the other candidates will.

Feeding the Abscess
01-19-2012, 11:51 PM
AGAIN, It's incredibly obvious when he says, take those resources and put them on our borders sure sounds like the military to me. =))))))) Or was it going to be bunny rabbits????

I know you're an open borders person "Feeding the Abscess", no need to get upset that ron would crack down on border crossing with military resources.

I wouldn't be so sure. He spoke against putting troops on the border in a previous debate, and has also said this at the 58:00 mark in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-mVNYqNkZU&feature=player_embedded

"... in an ideal society - and there are many libertarians who would argue that case - I don't think we're in the condition where that would work very well right now, even though I recognize that as something we might well strive for.

... that is something we should strive for," and "I don't see any reason to not work in that direction".

While it's obvious that Ron Paul is not complete open borders day one, it's also fair to say that he's not close-down militarize-the-border, either.

SurfsUp
01-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Welp sorry but it looks like he feels this way now. His latest words.

Too bad none of the other candidates won't do a damn thing about the borders.

AND FROM RON'S OWN OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN WEBSITE!

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/

"If elected President, Ron Paul will work to implement the following common sense reforms:

* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem."

Just like he said in the debate, the Fed govt DOES have a right to enforce and strengthen the borders.

heavenlyboy34
01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
FWIW, I think he did a good job. :)

heavenlyboy34
01-19-2012, 11:59 PM
AGAIN, It's incredibly obvious when he says, take those resources and put them on our borders, it sure sounds like the military to me. =))))))) Or was it going to be bunny rabbits????

I know you're an open borders person "Feeding the Abscess", no need to get upset that ron would crack down on border crossing with military resources. Especially when NONE of the other candidates will.
Well, to be fair, some of the troops coming back will be National Guard-and protecting the borders are a legitimate, constitutional role for the NG. Same with the Coast Guard, IIRC.

SurfsUp
01-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Well, to be fair, some of the troops coming back will be National Guard-and protecting the borders are a legitimate, constitutional role for the NG. Same with the Coast Guard, IIRC.

Hey sounds good to me. ;]

Feeding the Abscess
01-20-2012, 12:06 AM
FWIW, I think he did a good job. :)

Truth

Simple
01-20-2012, 12:15 AM
I think the difference was that tonight Ron Paul was telling us what the policy would be instead of the reason why. This got him out of all the gotcha questions about the role of government should be. We asked for a transition and we got one. :D

SurfsUp
01-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Also at 16:27
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWcp6vj61Y

"I find that the resources are all overseas."- Ron Paul

Gee I wonder who he's talking about. =)

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/

"A nation without borders is no nation at all.

It just doesn’t make sense to fight terrorists abroad while leaving our front door unlocked.

Unfortunately, for far too long, neither major political party has had the courage to do what is necessary to tackle the problem.

Instead, we’re presented with so-called “solutions” that involve amnesty proposals or further restricting Americans’ civil liberties through programs like REAL ID.

Ron Paul opposes both of these schemes and believes they will only make illegal immigration and the problems associated with it worse. He has been proud to see states exercising their Tenth Amendment rights and protecting their citizens by refusing to comply with the unconstitutional REAL ID law.

While the federal government neglects its constitutional responsibility to protect our borders, it continues to push mandates on the states to provide free education and medical care to illegal immigrants at a time when the states are drowning in debt. This must not be tolerated any longer."

If elected President, Ron Paul will work to implement the following common sense reforms:

* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

* Protect Lawful Immigrants – As President, Ron Paul will encourage legal immigration by streamlining the entry process without rewarding lawbreakers.

As long as our borders remain wide open, the security and safety of the American people are at stake."

16:47 !!!

SurfsUp
01-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I think the difference was that tonight Ron Paul was telling us what the policy would be instead of the reason why. This got him out of all the gotcha questions about the role of government should be. We asked for a transition and we got one. :D

Completely agree. =))))

dagnybell
01-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I think he did an amazing job tonight!

VanBummel
01-20-2012, 01:16 AM
I was really glad he mentioned being the only veteran in the race and getting the most military donations. Overall, an A+ performance :)

gb13
01-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Ron rocked!

GrahamUK
01-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Ron Paul Like a Boss!!

I thought RP performed like a champ tonight , was so freaking funny to watch him swat Santorum time and again with his superior intellect and knowledge that santorum can only dream of.. Was it just me or did anyone else get the feeling that Newt and Rmoney deliberately stood off paul tonight cus they know he'd dominate them too ??

Hahaha, thinking back to Paul's jousts with Santo tonight has me comparing it to a wise old Dog putting the cheeky young pup in its place

thoughtomator
01-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Ron Paul Like a Boss!!Was it just me or did anyone else get the feeling that Newt and Rmoney deliberately stood off paul tonight cus they know he'd dominate them too ??

I'd say Romney is outright petrified and Gingrich is still licking his wounds from the last time.

LawnWake
01-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Ron Paul mentioned American border patrols being sent overseas to protect borders in the Middle East...

One of his best debate performances so far. Too bad he didn't mention how he's the only one other than Romney polling well against Obama and pulls more independents than him. This was supposed to be his plea to SC voters and he could've just said 'I'm the only one other than Romney who can beat Obama AND I will cut the budget by 1 trillion in my first year'.

Hyperion
01-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Ron dominated tonight. I wish he would be that good all the time. It was an extremely impressive performance.

thoughtomator
01-20-2012, 04:05 AM
the media is trying to pretend it didn't happen. Article after article is either not even mentioning him at all, or cherry picking the least impressive statements and overall downplaying his performance

AFPVet
01-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Dr. Paul rocked! He spoke just like a normal human being would in the face of millions of viewers... conveying the message of liberty.