PDA

View Full Version : Ummm.. Isn't today November 11th?

Eli
11-11-2007, 04:27 AM
I feel like theres something we should be doing? :D

curtisag
11-11-2007, 04:37 AM
Nobody believes in Nov 11th, and it will be a failure. They should have just stuck with Tea Party 07, which is the only true money bomb coming up.

Richandler
11-11-2007, 04:41 AM
Too bad it leaves a 5 week gap in fund raising. Well see in the morning. I still want to see 9 Million by the end of November.

Eli
11-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Nobody believes in Nov 11th, and it will be a failure. They should have just stuck with Tea Party 07, which is the only true money bomb coming up.

Even though i keep it to myself i did agree with you there especially since i sensed a lot of resentment due to the 11th people trying to sabotage the nov 5th early on, but looking at the graphs we are well on our way to a million dollar day. Which is actually pretty big because then that puts us within home stretch of the 10 million mark which will inspire lots of donations and even more publicity, which we desperately will need in order to keep the current media momentum going. Getting to 10 million before half way through the quarter is HUGE, and without the nov. 11th money bomb it might not be possible. So lets whoop some ass today :)

SwanMaiden
11-11-2007, 04:45 AM

Whooaa! Easy with the negativity there pardner. I know of at least 2,000 people who "believe" in November 11th enough to sign up on the site. Will today be anywhere close to as big as the 5th? No! Does that mean it is a failure? NO!!:eek: Nor will it have any negative impact on the Tea Party. So relax and enjoy the donation boost I know we will be seeing today.:cool:

Lois
11-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Yes, that irked me when I saw that because of the success of the Nov. 5th moneybomb, suddenly moneybombs were springing up all over. Most supporters can't afford to give $2,300, (my husband won't let me spend anymore money, so maybe at the end of the quarter, I'll talk him into it) and everyone already gave on Nov. 5th, so if you ask me, they're asking for dissapointment (and bad press) coming out with the Nov. 11th moneybomb. Overkill. :(:confused:

Drknows
11-11-2007, 04:55 AM
Yes, that irked me when I saw that because of the success of the Nov. 5th moneybomb, suddenly moneybombs were springing up all over. Most supporters can't afford to give $2,300, (my husband won't let me spend anymore money, so maybe at the end of the quarter, I'll talk him into it) and everyone already gave on Nov. 5th, so if you ask me, they're asking for dissapointment (and bad press) coming out with the Nov. 11th moneybomb. Overkill. :(:confused:

It wasnt promoted like the 5th was. So i don't think many RP supporters know about it.

curtisag
11-11-2007, 04:58 AM

This is what happens with decentralization. It has many positive aspects, but it also can be somewhat like anarchy in which there's a new money bomb everytime you turn around. A weak money bomb is bad press for us, that's why I'm negative about Nov. 11th. It came less than a week after Nov. 5th. People only get paid twice a month, so logically it was foolish. Plus, there's no hype surrounding the day itself.

Corydoras
11-11-2007, 05:10 AM
People only get paid twice a month, so logically it was foolish.

Not so. Many, many people are paid weekly. Some people are paid monthly. Other people are paid as money comes in. And lots of people do not make contributions from their most recent paycheck anyway.

qsecofr
11-11-2007, 05:25 AM
This is what happens with decentralization. It has many positive aspects, but it also can be somewhat like anarchy in which there's a new money bomb everytime you turn around. A weak money bomb is bad press for us, that's why I'm negative about Nov. 11th. It came less than a week after Nov. 5th. People only get paid twice a month, so logically it was foolish. Plus, there's no hype surrounding the day itself.

There is no shame in a small victory, I can't think of another candidate that wouldn't appreciate an independent outpouring of 200k+ in one day in honer of our troops.

hard@work
11-11-2007, 05:27 AM
man, it's 3:24 am in California. So 6am back east?

C'MON

go donate and go back to bed.

speciallyblend
11-11-2007, 05:28 AM
It will be fine,i would donate but im broke this week but in 2 more weeks;)

Can someone DONATE an extra 25-50 for me,i would feel less guilty;)

Thurston Howell III
11-11-2007, 06:33 AM

Gee, thanks for your support.

jenius
11-11-2007, 06:53 AM

Donate $5 anyway. Your support counts not only in that it's an additional $5, but because it's from an independent supporter.

CelestialRender
11-11-2007, 07:01 AM
If you can't afford the $100, that's fine. But if you can, please donate $11.11...if everyone who donated on 11/5 did that, we'd have an extra $350,000 to add to the $100 pledges. Not to mention that it's a great way to celebrate Veteran's Day and Armistice Day.

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 07:06 AM
I placed another $100 order of campaign materials to distribute at the Christmas Parade Dec 1 - but now I hear that doesn't count towards the money bomb? I thought it did. I do not have $100 to just *pift* away like that - but 1200 Slim Jims and 100 Bumper Stickers will go a long way towards spreading the Ron Paul Message in Citrus County!

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 07:08 AM

That's the kind of "optimism" I would expect to see on a Fred Thompson Forum!

jenius
11-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Here's another idea. If you buy anything from the campaign store, it counts as donations. So if you're looking for signs or shirts or bumper stickers, you can always go that route.

Energy
11-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Don't worry IF we don't meet any preset goal by a long shot. The grassroots has generously given time, energy and money to commemorate Veteran's Day with a donation drive. The media would be a fool to spin that. Enjoy and reflect on the day's significance.

LibertyRevolution
11-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Between my donation on the 5th ($100) and the cost of my trip to the Philly Rally ($48 Gas + $21 Tolls + $30ish on food ~$100). I just cannot afford to donate anything today. Even though yesterday I gave myself to Philly for the day, standing on street corners with my 4ft sign, handing out DVDs and About 400 slim jims, I still feel slightly guilty I that I am not donating today. I imagine there are many people in my situation, so those of you that can afford to donate, please donate today. I have some more signs and a few books I plan to buy on Nov 30th, and on Dec 16th you can count me in!

Bigboyen
11-11-2007, 07:47 AM

Yes, it will only be the second best fundraising day this quarter. They should have done nothing so we could got the normal 30.000 dollars donation Sunday. Foolish people!

Convert
11-11-2007, 07:49 AM
I donated on the 5th as well as today. If today raises at least a million, I'll consider joining the tea party on the 16th.

Thunderbolt
11-11-2007, 07:50 AM
There is no shame in a small victory, I can't think of another candidate that wouldn't appreciate an independent outpouring of 200k+ in one day in honer of our troops.

Ditto. Since when did we get so stuck up that we sneer at 200k? They can't all be home runs!

And remember, purchases count as donations, so if you need some stuff, buy it today!

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Here's another idea. If you buy anything from the campaign store, it counts as donations. So if you're looking for signs or shirts or bumper stickers, you can always go that route.

That is what I did, but someone said they are not counting those as money bomb donations?

bobmurph
11-11-2007, 07:58 AM
***Donate for the Vets people. They risked their lives in the name of Freedom and America. If for no other reason you should donate in their honor.

I donated on the 5th too, and will as well on the 16th. Even if it's on $5...make a contribution.

Thank you for your generous donation of $100.00!

Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paulís candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

James R
11-11-2007, 07:58 AM

I believe Nov 11th will make the whole week a big one in terms of money raised, which means it will be a success. Few of us are expecting to raise millions today. We are focused on Dec 16, and if the media wants to pretend that a $300,000+ Nov 11 is a failure then they can go ahead and be that dumb. Most people are like me. They simply cannot afford Nov 11 but can afford Dec 16th.

Wyurm
11-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Everyone should consider relaxing. Isn't there supposed to be a 10 dollar server stress test later today? That should have a huge impact.

thomj76
11-11-2007, 08:22 AM
As a former Quartermaster in the Navy, I am obligated to share this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2129/1966690018_f2e8b8debf_m.jpg

Thank you very much for your donation of $104.76 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Let's do this! There is enough time to plan for the Tea Party. This makes a statement in regard to Veteran's Day...

Brinck Slattery
11-11-2007, 08:22 AM
well looking at the graphs, we're doing a lot better today than the past two days!

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/yesterday_vs_today_line.png

peruvianRP
11-11-2007, 08:55 AM
even if it is a small money bomb would help the cause.

Derek Johnson
11-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Navy Fireman, USS Wisconsin. And this is all I want to post:

Mr. Derek Johnson,

Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Your confirmation number:
T124371-101126345

Project Code:

ronpaulfan
11-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Go to www.RonPaulGraphs.com

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/yesterday_vs_today_line.png

CelestialRender
11-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Currently, we're WELL on our way to hit $8 million...that's with the conservative estimate of assuming we're at max rate of donations right now. Which we're not, because there are bombs-within-the-bomb planned for later in the day.

We'll see as momentum builds. I'd really like to hit at least $8.5 on the big thermometer, if not $1 million for the day.

Pete
11-11-2007, 09:25 AM

I was hoping for $1 million today as it would generate another wave of press (Ron Paul Supporters Raise Cash at Will!), but to beat Q3 in one week and break the $8 million quarter on Veteran's Day will be very satisfying, too.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 10:28 AM
According to Ron Paul Graphs.com only 983 people have donated so far. That's only half of the subscribers and nowhere near as many actual donors. I think some were not even donating the $100.

Starks
11-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Today has been disgusting so far.

F3d
11-11-2007, 10:34 AM

Derek Johnson
11-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Today has been disgusting so far.

Relax, it's not over. If 1/5 of the 11-5 list donates $100 we are there. Or if the 11-5 list donates $20 each, we are there.

But donate $100 ;)

Call some long lost friends or relatives and ask them to donate.

ZenX
11-11-2007, 10:40 AM
It's disgusting that they care more about Guy Fawkes Day than Veterans' Day.;)

That's pretty off-the-cuff! I did care more about pushing Nov 5th to surprise the media. I didn't even care about the "V for Vendetta" allusions. And while I'll donate today, please don't make blanket statements like that.

F3d
11-11-2007, 10:43 AM

nathanmn
11-11-2007, 10:45 AM
No negativity please! This grassroots campaign is kicking ass, and today we are already well on our way to be past what an "average" or "normal" day brings in. If you don't have the money you don't have it. If you can spare $25 or $50 by all means donate. I'm broke(from the 5th especially), but I think a good showing today would be great so I donated $50. The Tea Party is important, but we need cash to keep flowing in.

The important thing is, NO NEGATIVITY! Anyone who wants to donate ANY DAY should be applauded!

olehounddog
11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
just a grunt Tropic Lightning 77-80
Rev. Fred Brown,

Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paulís candidacy.

T124661-101141209

jd603
11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I agree, too short notice, It will put us over $8m it looks like though, so its not that big of a deal, we shouldn't seek to get any pres for it though.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 10:51 AM
November 11th was around before November 5th happened, it's just November 5th got all the attention and only afterwards did people start promoting the 11th. There was no short notice.

klamath
11-11-2007, 10:57 AM
For my fellow veterans and our next Commander In Chief.

Thank you very much for your donation of $200.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

T125040-101143856

amonasro
11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Why the negativity? We're at nearly $100K and it's only noon!

reduen
11-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I think most of us knew that the 11th would be more like a "money firecracker" than a "money bomb" compared to the 5th.

I think todays results are great so far!

speciallyblend
11-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Hell the money drop is working,:) i see a dam good rise today and it just started,if anyone keeps bitching ,then donate or dont post.

DeadheadForPaul
11-11-2007, 11:17 AM

:rolleyes:

gworrel
11-11-2007, 11:18 AM

I am sorry but I think this kind of thinking is very short-sighted. There were a reported 20,000 new donors on November 5th. Each push for funds (moneybombs) brings in new donors who are not tapped out legally or personally.

Obviously too many moneybombs creates a dilution of effect and would preclude a repeat of Nov 5th. On the other hand, moneybombs too infrequently leaves money on the table and fails to take advantage of the momentum and the effect moneybombs have on bringing new donors out of the woodwork.

Perhaps you are tapped out psychologically, but have your friends and relatives all contributed money to the campaign? A moneybomb gives a good excuse to ask them to give. The group effort is a huge motivator. The next official big push after today is Dec 16th. That is a long time away.

I use the expression "tapped out psychologically" in all seriousness. Many, if not most of us could contribute more but need a push. Most people do not need 5 weeks to save up another $100 to donate.

I feel that waiting until December 16th is too long. It is not just about setting records but also about attracting first time contributors and just bringing in more money to the campaign to be spent on radio and tv ads. So many here have become obsessed with the idea of setting another big record that other strategic objectives get lost in the rhetoric.

I would like to see another money bomb on November 30th to put us up to 12 million a month early. Many, if not most, could contribute $100 today, the 30th and the 16th. That is what I plan to do.

yoshimaroka
11-11-2007, 11:19 AM
This is amazing. I've been predicting 200,000$ all along… as long as we get over 8 million dollars, it puts us in a great position to reach 9 million by the end of the month.

American
11-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I didnt read the whole thread but wasnt this a protest date for the anti-Nov5th people anyways. I think its a good idea also but today was a protest date for Nov 5th.

Donate anyways!!!!

jake
11-11-2007, 11:24 AM
for anyone to put a negative spin on fund raising attempts is unfortunate. Don't worry, we all know Dec. 16th in THE BIG ONE - as in the biggest political fundraiser in the history of humankind.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Don't pull that out treat it like a regular donation day, not a protest.

speciallyblend
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
I am sorry but I think this kind of thinking is very short-sighted. There were a reported 20,000 new donors on November 5th. Each push for funds (moneybombs) brings in new donors who are not tapped out legally or personally.

Obviously too many moneybombs creates a dilution of effect and would preclude a repeat of Nov 5th. On the other hand, moneybombs too infrequently leaves money on the table and fails to take advantage of the momentum and the effect moneybombs have on bringing new donors out of the woodwork.

Perhaps you are tapped out psychologically, but have your friends and relatives all contributed money to the campaign? A moneybomb gives a good excuse to ask them to give. The group effort is a huge motivator. The next official big push after today is Dec 16th. That is a long time away.

I use the expression "tapped out psychologically" in all seriousness. Many, if not most of us could contribute more but need a push. Most people do not need 5 weeks to save up another $100 to donate.

I feel that waiting until December 16th is too long. It is not just about setting records but also about attracting first time contributors and just bringing in more money to the campaign to be spent on radio and tv ads. So many here have become obsessed with the idea of setting another big record that other strategic objectives get lost in the rhetoric.

I would like to see another money bomb on November 30th to put us up to 12 million a month early. Many, if not most, could contribute $100 today, the 30th and the 16th. That is what I plan to do.
GOOD POST
but
Why are people posting negative commets unless they are hannity trolls,doesnt make since they have definetly made an impact today and any money bobmb is good,whats the problem again? geez Donate Donate and keep donating. Dec 16th should be great,but the other money bombs will do good to,since it brings in new donors

nathanmn

Excellent analysis. You have good brains. An in between now and then money bomb will keep the money rolling in. The early primaries are too close to hang onto money for one huge day. We already had a huge day, the campaign needs money yesterday.

inibo
I don't know anything about the military, I was in the Air Force :D

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

125406-0U199835BG2588618

inibo
11-11-2007, 11:33 AM
To everybody who has anything bad to say about donating today, I'm just going to pretend that your name is Frank. And you know what we all say to Frank!

terlinguatx
11-11-2007, 11:55 AM
I"m still promoting it on all the social network sites. We need 70k more to break 8 million for the quarter and we need 170k more to break 5 million for the week. Keep donating!

Naraku
11-11-2007, 11:58 AM
The Ron Paul Money Bomb people are going to be firing off in a few minutes and they almost always bring in $30,000.

Goldwater Conservative
11-11-2007, 12:08 PM
If Veteran's Day came before Guy Fawkes Day, I think there's a good chance it would have been the one to get $4.3 million. Then again, it wouldn't have had as "catchy" a reminder that many young people would link to that movie.

As it stands, it won't make nearly as much money (it's only been 6 days, and not as many people have heard about it), but it will be a nice end to the week if we can match our entire Q3 haul and/or break $8 million, which was originally our goal for almost three weeks from now.

Pretty good if you ask me. Let's not let the success of This November 5th spoil us. ;)

Zarxrax
11-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm going to toss in $50 for today, as thats all I feel comfortable giving away at the moment. I think veterans day is a great cause to donate, and we have all known about this since day 1 of when the November 5th bomb started being organized as well.
Like a few others have said, if nothing else just toss in $5 for today. Sure, it wont help push the meter up much, but it shows that your support is there.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 12:16 PM
If all the people who donated on November 5th donated $5 it would push the meter up a lot. It would push it up like $200,000.

princessredtights
11-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Ms. Karen Sutton ,

T125613-101150156

Project Code:
NOV 11

rich34
11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm donating about 20 bucks or so in between 7 and 8 oclock tonight. Hopefully many others out there will do the same.

Cindy
11-11-2007, 12:39 PM

How is raising over $100,000 so far today a failure? It's already a success.

Money coming in is money coming in. The 5th didn't even reach half of it's goal and was stilled deemed a success by the media and supporters a like.

In another thread you made a "foolish" assumption that all Ron Paul supporters live pay check to paycheck.

No one expected the veterans day drive to beat the 5th. It was designed to be an added extra push on a special day for this Country.

There are many people here who donated for BOTH. I am one of them. RP Paul got $480 dollars from me today in cash and store donations.

The 11th was just not given the Push the Tea Party has been getting and the Tea party excitment has been overshadowing it. No reason to undermine it though because there are hundreds of thousands of RP supporters out there today who can afford to easily give some today as well. Not a hard enough push was luanched to reach them all.

To anyone who donates on anyday and or pushes for donations and or is thankful for everything that comes in when it does and sees it all as being good for Pauls campaign, I thank you.

The day is yet young and your calling it a failure already is counter productive, discouraging towards those still considering donating and it would be beter with that attitude if you just stayed off the forum today until it's over, or at least stay off the subject.

Wake up call for you and anyone who thinks raising 100,000 in the A.M. portion of a day is a failure, most of America still do not know who Ron Paul even IS, this late in the game. He needs every dime he can get the sooner the better.

As I sit here typing this miffed reply, I am making CD and DVD copys to pass out at 3 up coming events, 2 of which I am launching, printing up more brochures, and posting reminder links about the veterans day drive.

I really am not encouraged or helped by reading any negative and discouraging crap right now. Maybe its better I don't read here on the days I am motivated and pumping it out.

mport1
11-11-2007, 12:57 PM
bump

J4ck
11-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Calm down, this whole thing was designed for those people who thought that guy fawkes day was a controversial idea. 250,000 would be great.

Arklatex
11-11-2007, 01:34 PM
It's excellent to see the trend bucked since the 5th, shows we have life. :D

Continue on true patriots of this country!

UtahApocalypse
11-11-2007, 01:45 PM
anyone find it ironic that were arguing on a day we should surpass 8 million, and bring in 500,000? I think its kinda funny considering that only weeks ago 50,000 a day was a huge success.

SwooshOU
11-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm doing ten bucks at 6:00 PM Central.

Win_Witka
11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
My husband and I usually donate over $50.00 but I know some people that cannot afford to donate but $5.00 and I say to them that donating $5.00 is like donating $100.00 to others. So when saying please donate $100 please consider the less fortunate that cannot donate much.