PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't we broadcasting Paul's electability??

Havax
01-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I hope everyone realizes the only reason Romney is doing so well is because people HATE Obama and perceive Romney as the most electable/ with the best shot at beating Obama. Why are we not plastering the polls everywhere that Ron Paul is running just as competitive to Mitt Romney when put up against Obama? Especially given the fact that a main sticking point is that there is a mass delusion that Ron Paul is the least electable?

Our perceived weakest quality - electability - is actually our strongest. The man is a veteran, has been married 54 years, has never flip-flopped on a single major issue, and has been elected 12 times. Let's fix this now.

I would love for Ron to say this in the debate tonight:

"I would like to correct something I said in a previous debate that I was wrong about. I stated in Iowa that anyone on the stage could beat Obama based on his own poor record. In light of events that have transpired and recent polls coming out, it's clear that the only two people left in this race that stand a chance against Obama are me and Mitt. We are the only two that pull independents and disaffected democrats in the polls, undercutting Obama's base. This is absolutely essential if we want to stand any chance at winning this election. Now between the two electable candidates, I'm the only one that was and currently still is against the bailouts, against individual mandates, against unnecessary wars, and has a real plan to actually cut spending - not just proposed increases. I think it is essential that we pick someone who can beat Obama. However, it's even MORE essential that we pick someone who will offer different policies than Obama and not just tinker around the edges. We are in a dire situation with the economy on the brink of collapse. If we elect a Republican that just goes in and tinkers around the edges, it won't only be the end of the GOP, but could very well be the last nail in the coffin to our country's future. As president, I will restore this party, but more importantly, I will restore this country to our constitution and therefore to a sound economy."

ItsTime
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
2 things they must do after SC. Electability and attack Mitt.

TwoJ
01-19-2012, 03:28 PM
I feel like the campaign will release an ad pretty soon.

We have been saying we need a FP ad and an electability ad pretty hard on the forums and from what I've seen over the past 5 or 6 months (for the most part) the campaign does get feedback from us.

pastore1215
01-19-2012, 07:33 PM
the campaign has dropped the ball very badly on this issue as well as failing to crush Romney with attack ads.

RonPaul101.com
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I've been saying this both here and directly to the campaign.

"How did Obama win in 2008 so easily? Young supporters, Indy voters, and crossover voters. Which candidate for the GOP nomination has that group in 2012?"

Ron Paul

harikaried
01-21-2012, 03:14 AM
2 things they must do after SC. Electability and attack Mitt.It's not just the campaign. Grassroots needs to emphasize this more when talking about Ron Paul. If someone ever says, "oh he's not electable," strike back strong saying Ron Paul is the only candidate that beats Obama in general election polls among Independents.

SaulPaulinsky
01-21-2012, 03:46 AM
"We" may not be. I am bringing that up every chance I get.

CaptainAmerica
01-21-2012, 04:00 AM
Ive been telling people to tweet it ,facebook it and tell EVERYONE that ron is electable. We must fight fire with fire:

repeat after me and tell others :
Romney is Unelectable > McCain was unelectable>Newt is unelectable>GOP candidates who flirt with liberal policies are unelectable and prove over and over failures in general elections.

Lethalmiko
01-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Glad to see many more sober minded supporters making this a priority issue. Time to quit peddling the useless feel-good stuff and concentrate on fixing the campaign problems. Tell the campaign and the whole world about Paul's electability henceforth. Focus on what voters who reject him think is a priority (I doubt that you will convince enough people about the Fed in the current time-frame). Voters are concerned about electability, foreign policy and entitlements. Focusing on just these 3 points should put us at the very least equal to any front-runner.