PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Benton must be happy

Wren
01-19-2012, 02:30 PM
As we all should be. It was a risky move, but he made the right decision to call on the other candidates to drop out. Gingrich has a high chance of imploding, Perry has dropped out, Santorum is not on the VA ballot and is unelectable. It's a two man race folks! +rep to Jesse

hardrightedge
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I think everyone needs to get this through their head...Gingrich is here to stay...he is the real choice of the right...this interview with his ex will backfire...they will rally around him.

nasaal
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
As we all should be. It was a risky move, but he made the right decision to call on the other candidates to drop out. Gingrich has a high chance of imploding, Perry has dropped out, Santorum is not on the VA ballot and is unelectable. It's a two man race folks! +rep to Jesse
Let's not bank on the Gingrich implosion. It's possible, but relying on that will end us up in a very sad place if it doesn't pan out. We have to stay on the offensive, and get the pro-Paul message out there.

archangel689
01-19-2012, 02:38 PM
not on the ballot in virgina

Mini-Me
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Let's not bank on the Gingrich implosion. It's possible, but relying on that will end us up in a very sad place if it doesn't pan out. We have to stay on the offensive, and get the pro-Paul message out there.

Agreed. Gingrich needs to be taken down, and he will be...but he must not be underestimated or assumed defeated. I give the campaign credit for seeing this. I think more people here are finally realizing how resilient he is, and how dangerous his continued candidacy is for our campaign. He is the true "anointed one" of the Republican establishment, and I believe they WILL refund him if he overtakes Romney. We must not stop cranking up the heat until after he has officially dropped out.

QWDC
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
If Newt wins South Carolina, I suspect he'll be around for a long time.

Aratus
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
this may be a statistical tie like iowa only here we will see newt and mitt in a blurrrr all evening!!!
if doctor ron paul finishes just 500 to 5000 votes behind them with 4th place being pitifully low...

skilt
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I think everyone needs to get this through their head...Gingrich is here to stay...he is the real choice of the right...this interview with his ex will backfire...they will rally around him.

This

ssjevot
01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I think it's best if he does stay as long as he is competing with Romney for voters and Ron can win some caucus states.

alucard13mmfmj
01-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Perry didnt drop because of Benton. I think, like some others have said in other thread, its to blunt the affects of Newt's wife's interview. Most people will only hear about Perry's news and less of the "career ending" news of Newt that his wife is going to talk about.

bluesc
01-19-2012, 02:46 PM

The same was said about Cain.

dbill27
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
The same was said about Cain.

It's different. Cain couldn't handle the questions, made himself look like a guilty idiot. Gingrich's whole campaign and draw to GOP voters is based on him taking on the media. They love him for it. Gingrich isn't going anywhere for awhile. Don't be cocky guys, this guys broken every rule, said every dumb thing, and been on every side of every issue, and they love him still

Tyler_Durden
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
It's different. Cain couldn't handle the questions, made himself look like a guilty idiot. Gingrich's whole campaign and draw to GOP voters is based on him taking on the media. They love him for it. Gingrich isn't going anywhere for awhile. Don't be cocky guys, this guys broken every rule, said every dumb thing, and been on every side of every issue, and they love him still

This. The guy thrives on controversy. He's made an entire career of it. He's devious, diabolical, and mostly unnerved. He's not going down just yet....

Taco John
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
I think we're better off with both Romney and Gingrich in than just Romney. They will eventually whittle eachother down, and Ron Paul will pick up a lot of support along the way.

nasaal
01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Yea the comparisons between Cain and Newt aren't quite the same. Cain isn't much of a speaker. He's a funny guy who speaks in a "matter of fact" way. Newt is an orator which makes him oh so dangerous to liberty.

bluesc
01-19-2012, 02:53 PM

Sounds a lot like Cain.

If the controversy prevents Newt winning SC, which I believe it will, he is done.

Babylon
01-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Yea the comparisons between Cain and Newt aren't quite the same. Cain isn't much of a speaker. He's a funny guy who speaks in a "matter of fact" way. Newt is an orator which makes him oh so dangerous to liberty.

Cain was black.

If you don't think that made a difference, you're high.

trey4sports
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
not really a risky move. The plan has always been to create a 2 man race narrative.

RonPaul101.com
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
If Newt replaces Romney as the establishment candidate (which is entirely possible) that wouldn't be a bad thing for us necessarily. Newt has way more dirt to bring up; like a never ending supply, you could keep bringing up different dirt and make it seem like brand new stuff. Romney has unlimited funds given his wealth, more so than Newt. Romney has the current lead in delegates, even if that is of little concern this early. Newt has even less organization and likeability than Mitt.

So don't be doom and gloom if Newt becomes THE establishment candidate that we face off against in the end.

Crotale
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Cain was black.

You mean he's not anymore?! :eek:

LawnWake
01-19-2012, 03:02 PM
I think we're better off with both Romney and Gingrich in than just Romney. They will eventually whittle eachother down, and Ron Paul will pick up a lot of support along the way.

It's more likely that they'll flock to Gingrich as the anti-Romney.

As sad as it may sound, we want people to settle for us like they're settling for Romney.

Havax
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
If Newt doesn't get 1st in SC and there are damaging things in this interview, it's over for him. If he gets 1st, I'm sure desperate anti-Romney people will be willing overlook everything to get someone else besides Romney. Although I'm sure Romney will drop everything he has on Newt in Florida and beyond. It shouldn't be hard to sell the "Newt is unelectable" meme that no one will vote for a creep like Newt in the general will all this personal junk coming out on him.

nowwearefree
01-19-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't think we should give too much credit or criticism towards the campaign on small details

But overall we did a good job, much above our expectation, especially since 2008, we need to remember how slim our chance was in 2008, and how much we have improved since 2012

Liberty74
01-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Spread far and WIDE people. Expose Newton Leroy for the big government whore that he is...

Expose Newt Here - Spread This Link (http://www.newtexposed.com/)

Let the wife scandal take it own course...

YankeesJunkie
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM

That is fine, Grinch and Rom split the status quo while the Liberty Movement will only grow bigger and more passionate. We are dangerous!

DEGuy
01-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Although I would prefer Paul gets first in SC, if he's more likely in 3rd, it's probably better for the campaign for Newt to win SC. It would bring up doubts about Romney's support, and keep national attention on the race. Both would help Paul continue gathering support in the meantime.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-19-2012, 03:22 PM

Yes

Fox has been spinning the interview with his wife to be an old, already covered and forgiven, non issue. They are setting him up as the anti-Mitt and we need to be competing seriously with those two.

If FOX gives him a pass, he stays as the anti-Mitt with high honors. Remember the crowd supporting him. When he said "Kill Them" his savage supporters went wild. I do not know how those people can be reached with reason and facts.

kylejack
01-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Correlation does not imply causation.

Wren
01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Correlation does not imply causation.

No, but it just makes the campaign look better.