PDA

View Full Version : Islamofacists?

livinitup
11-11-2007, 02:41 AM
While watching another Ron Paul video today, which covered his stance on the war, I started to wonder how the islamofacists feel about Ron Paul. What would they do if President Paul brought the troops home and stopped occupying most of the countries of the world?

freelance
11-11-2007, 02:47 AM
islamofacists

Um, no such thing--the word is right out of 1984.

iddo
11-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Ron Paul makes the point that while the extreme militant muslims might still feel the same way, they're a small fraction, and won't be able to recurit other muslims to their cause as easily as they can now while American soldiers are over there.

iddo
11-11-2007, 03:02 AM
Um, no such thing--the word is right out of 1984.

See this beauty:
For Paul to ridicule the term "Islamofascist" as propaganda and to insinuate that anyone who uses it is a warmonger seeking to spread conflict in the Middle East shows how wildly out of touch he is with the vast majority of the American public. (link (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/10/dr_pauls_malpractice.html))

Why do you refuse to be a part of the vast majority of the public?!:)

johngr
11-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Using liberally and inappropriately the "fascist" label has always marked a person as a communist in my book.

freelance
11-11-2007, 03:38 AM
From the article in Iddo's post:

But when Paul says that the term "Islamic fascism" (or, for the purpose of discussion, its synonymous twin, "Islamofascism") is propaganda designed to spread war, he's veered off into the sort of paranoid fringe kookiness that keeps his campaign relegated to a side-show novelty act.

Excuse me? He veered off into TRUTH! LOL!

Hey, thanks for that link.

xao
11-11-2007, 04:37 AM
Stop watching faux snooze. Ron said he'd deal with any foreign "groups" in a legal manner just like thomas jefferson did.

noxagol
11-11-2007, 05:05 AM
They would probably focus on over throwing their despotic governments that we prop up.

ChooseLiberty
11-11-2007, 05:36 AM
The neocons are going to keep pumping their trigger words until their last gasp.

If you believe in Islamofascists you should also include Christofascists and Judeofascists in the mix. They all have as part of their doctrine the final triumph of their particular belief system and one world government ruled their chosen one. Sound familiar?

livinitup
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Ok, to be politically correct, how do you all think they(terrorists like Bin Ladden) would feel about Ron Paul as president. After his first order as commander in chief of bringing our troops home. I think that the tensions would ease. We would be safer except for a small faction of nut jobs that is going to hate us and every other free society that doesn't agree with their beliefs.

I've got a pretty good idea how they would feel about some woman infidel sending her military to their holy land. Could you imagine? How could anyone think Billery could be good for this nation is beyond me.

What is really amazing is how fearful Americans have become of the threat of terrorism. We didn't shut down the country, and take away anyone's rights in 1993 when they bombed the WTC, but here we are fearmongered to death six years after 9-11-01 into believing that we are in danger. The FBI had all the info they needed to stop the events of that day. It could have been prevented but they screwed up and now we are all paying for it.

I'll stop ranting now.....:mad:

Primbs
11-11-2007, 10:55 PM
While Ron acknowledges that terrorism is a serious problem, there can be many different policy alternatives on how to handle this problem.

Invading Iraq may just be making it worse. While we kill a lot of terrorists, our presence helps Al Queda recruit.

It is a double edge sword that most people don't understand.

The US has many security challenges.

Corydoras
11-11-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't get how people became so afraid, either.

Maybe it's because my life has not changed one bit since 9-11 except that a lot of my rights have been curtailed.

It's like people don't understand that the targets of the 9-11 attack were highly symbolic to the terrorists. Foreign terrorists were never, ever going to pick the Murrah Building or Centennial Park. Most of the country is much safer than people think from foreign religious extremists compared to domestic violent people. But people think their picnics are going to get blown up or something.

Liberty Star
11-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Ron Paul would put an end to squandering of vital resouces on a misled war in Iraq and that would help catching terrorists like Osama by placing resources and focus where it should have been in first place.

Osama would still hate us becuase we have freedoms, but he would probably only have two and have men ready to fight on his side for paradise. By putting America's interests above any foreign country's including Israel's, we can greatly minimize anti-Americanism that blind support of Israel's heavy handed and exapnsive actions there buy us. Ron Paul may even be able to bring gas prices close $1 per gallon by taking these foreign lobbies out of the equation. By cultivating normal relations with all parties without unnecessary entaglements like the ones we have now, they would hate us as much as they hate Canada.

lucius
11-12-2007, 02:43 AM
While watching another Ron Paul video today, which covered his stance on the war, I started to wonder how the islamofacists feel about Ron Paul. What would they do if President Paul brought the troops home and stopped occupying most of the countries of the world?

They would have to go back and secure their drilling rights the old-fashioned free-market way instead of using the US Military to disrupt/price-fix/jack. :D

Gimme Some Truth
11-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Alot of the Muslims are still gonna hate the West because we killed their families.

Michael Scheuer believes we have to kill these people. He believes theres no other way for the exact reason i mention above.

To me this is foolish since it just carries on the cycle. A Ron Paul forign policy would strangle Osama Bin Laden's recruitment. What would Bin Laden do? i dunno. Id find it hard to believe he'd just forget about the US , tho I think he'd switch his sights on Saudi Arabia or perhaps the UK (if we continue our foreign policy - tho i think if Paul is POTUS I think by then alot of people here will be wanting similar changes in our policies (i HOPE))

derdy
11-12-2007, 03:15 AM

Fascism implies corporatism. Show me an Islamic nation that merges it's own nationally based corporations with its government and you have yourself Islamofasiscm.

Until then, its as stupid as calling a fat guy 'Slim'

Pete
11-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Fascism implies corporatism. Show me an Islamic nation that merges it's own nationally based corporations with its government and you have yourself Islamofasiscm.

Until then, its as stupid as calling a fat guy 'Slim'

Dictionary definitions for 'fascism' have generally been changed to no longer include any reference to corporations. It presently means 'oppressive and authoritarian'. I'm waiting for the next permutation, to define fascism as 'something I don't like'. Fascist grocery store, fascist 3rd grade teacher, fascist auto repairman, etc.

The real fascists have succeeded in becoming undefined.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Snake Pliskin: Land of the free...