PDA

View Full Version : Head to Head: Is Ron Paul the best candidate in the presidential race?

EndTheFed
01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
http://www.lsureveille.com/mobile/opinion/head-to-head-is-ron-paul-the-best-candidate-in-the-presidential-race-1.2687121

Travlyr
01-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Yes. Paul's fight for civil liverties is what America needs.
By David Scheuermann

I fully agree. When the battle is between Romney & Paul, Ron wins with truth. When the battle is between Paul & O-bomb-a, Ron wins with the message of peace.

Xhin
01-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Excellent article. I agree with the author about Paul's stance on reproductive rights.. (I'm pro-choice), however what gets me about Paul (and no other pro-life candidate can say this) is that he was a OB-GYN and so regularly performed abortions. I have to have respect for someone who bases his belief by actually being in that field. And yet, despite his strong pro-Life stance, he would turn the matter over to the states. It takes a lot for a candidate to override his own personal beliefs to stick to the principles that are what's best for the country.

Mini-Me
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Excellent article. I agree with the author about Paul's stance on reproductive rights.. (I'm pro-choice), however what gets me about Paul (and no other pro-life candidate can say this) is that he was a OB-GYN and so regularly performed abortions. I have to have respect for someone who bases his belief by actually being in that field. And yet, despite his strong pro-Life stance, he would turn the matter over to the states. It takes a lot for a candidate to override his own personal beliefs to stick to the principles that are what's best for the country.

I don't want to lose your support, since you're a pro-choicer, but...Ron Paul did not ever once perform an abortion, and it's important that pro-lifers aren't misled into thinking he did. However, he did witness one in medical school...and IIRC it was a botched abortion with a baby who was born alive and thrown into the garbage and left to die, and there was nothing he could legally do to save it. My memory may be hazy on the details, since it's been four years since I read about it, but it was a defining moment for his position on the issue. (Can you say, "Scarred for life?" :eek: )

cartemj06
01-19-2012, 01:46 PM

After being forced to witness an abortion being performed during his time in medical school, he knew from that moment on that his practice would focus on protecting life. And during his years in medicine, never once did he find an abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/abortion/

agorist ninja
01-19-2012, 01:51 PM
What is wrong with you? Ron has never performed an abortion.

Merk
01-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I fully agree. When the battle is between Romney & Paul, Ron wins with truth. When the battle is between Paul & O-bomb-a, Ron wins with the message of peace.

Also Ron will destroy the "Constitutional Lawyer" Obama with the Constitution.