PDA

View Full Version : Slogan: Goldman, Goldman, Gold...

presence
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Goldman Sachs Obama vs.
Goldman Sachs Romney vs.
Gold Standard Paul

this came to me today... not sure if it has been specifically stated like this. I think it would make great signage.

presence

Travlyr
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Cool idea, but it might backfire. Heck, yesterday The Washington Post published an Associated Press article claiming that Ron Paul wants to peg a specific amount of gold to the dollar... Sheesh! The gold standard goes clear over the heads of the crony media hacks and most people.

So far, they successfully paint both Ron Paul and the Gold Standard as unworkable relics to a lot of people. I dono.

presence
01-19-2012, 01:30 PM
The Washington Post published an Associated Press article claiming that Ron Paul wants to peg a specific amount of gold to the dollar... Sheesh! The gold standard goes clear over the heads of the crony media hacks and most people.

right... I read that too. The Washington Post is way off. Here's the quote:

"Paul and his supporters would like to set a firm value for the U.S. dollar, much like when it was pegged to a specific amount of gold."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ron-paul-wins-support-urging-end-to-the-fed-pushing-the-gold-standard-but-is-that-possible/2012/01/18/gIQA9rKL7P_story.html

wrong wrong wrong. And then this long winded explaination as to why that wrong assertion won't work. A bunch of crap if you ask me. BS political spin. Rather than report on how RP's solution could/would work... they focus on how a solution that sounds like the RP solution couldn't/wouldn't work.

The way I understand Ron's position on Gold is that one should be able to exchange it tax free. Gold becomes an alternative (not a pegged) legal tender to the Federal Reserve Note. Let them COMPETE. "Good as gold" vs. "Good as Federal Fiat".

Right now:

"The IRS considers gold a “collectible” and will tax your capital gains at a 28% rate. "

http://inflationdata.com/inflation/Gold_Investment_Articles/Gold_Taxes.asp

Henry Ford once said, “It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

"Ron Paul believes that the first step towards monetary freedom is to allow open competition in currencies. Once gold and silver are allowed as legal tender and can be sold without sales tax, everyone can use them to store their wealth and to pay for the things they want to buy. The Federal Reserve will finally have a very compelling motivation to stay honest and maintain the value of the dollar because if they don’t, they will simply lose all their customers. Ron Paul has been an advocate of the gold standard and open competition in currencies for many years. He is the Federal Reserve’s most outspoken opponent in Congress and has frequently questioned Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke about the Fed’s actions."

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/fiat-money-inflation-federal-reserve-2/

In the Washington Post they state:

"Paul calls for auditing — and then ending — the Federal Reserve. He argues that with gold backing the value of the dollar, the Fed would be obsolete and thus unable to play a role in creating credit bubbles that cause misery when they burst. He says the Fed made money too easily available in recent years."

"with gold backing the value of the dollar" is to the best of my knowledge a FALSE representation of Paul's belief that:

Gold should openly COMPETE with the value of the dollar, as an alternative legal tender in and of itself.

The RP campaign should ask for the Associated Press to formally RECANT that statement and offer a clear explaination of Ron's proposed gold policy in its stead.

"Libel: a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means " http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/libel

by all means someone come in here and cite me wrong,

presence

presence
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
I find it funny when you talk to most folks about "command" economies they become so irately anti-communism... but somehow they do not see that keynesian economics (what we're living under right now) is by its very very definition command economics. In fact, its really globalized command economics when you consider the lack of oversight in the fed, bailouts of foreign entities, the global dollar hedgemony (especially in oil), and the interaction of the IMF. Its as if the whole world has become so used to being financially raped by globalism... they don't even notice it happening.

You know... its my sincere hope that this whole 12/21/12 Mayan "end of the world as we know it" thing actually does pan out. And the panning leaves a world where the masses propose what is factual and news worthy; the corporate news becomes all but ignored. A paradigm shift in trust. A greater faith in a wikipedia-like paradigm and less faith in the old incorporated encyclopedia agenda.