PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the Official Campaign and Staff

Tarzan
11-11-2007, 01:45 AM
I would like to get peoples ideas on how to make the official campaign more effective... I hope everyone will post their ideas here and the campaign will review them for ideas on building awareness & support (and getting votes).

I know nothing about the campaign staff and mean no insult to them. My guess is they are a dedicated group and believe in Ron Paul as the best candidate. Kudos to them! Consider how Ron Paul's surge in popularity must be taxing the campaign staffers.

I think the campaign should enlarge and enhance the current campaign staff. I think they need to add experienced professionals with a history of success to refine and enhance the message.

PLEASE POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE
Some ideas have already been posted... such as:
OPTOMIZING THE STAGING OF LIVE EVENTS
REACHING OUT TO GROUPS & INDIVIDUALS FOR ENDORSEMENTS
REWORDING SOME OF THE CAMPAIGN MATERIAL
CLARIFYING THE STANCE ON ADDITIONAL ISSUES
ADDING ADDITIONAL STAFF EXPERIENCED IN REACHING THE MSM
PRODUCTION OF DIFFERENT TV SPOTS
CREATING FREE AD BANNERS FOR USE ON BUSINESS & PERSONAL SITES
HIRE ADDITIONAL STAFF WITH A HISTORY OF SUCCESS
there are many others... let's hear yours! Don't be afraid to be specific.

remember, this is not for viral ideas, that's up to us and should be addressed elsewhere... this is for ideas on how to strengthen the campaign and campaign staff

sugaki
11-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Simplification of the message. Mainstream needs some quick and easy points to latch on to.

Lord Xar
11-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Post all your ideas so other campaigns can then leach off this post!!!!

I am not trying to be a killjoy, but this grassroots movement is seperate from HQ --- there is no association, so there is no reason to post the "good" ideas.

Other campaigns will just take our 'great' ideas and scavenge them for their own use.

at least that is what I think.

Tarzan
11-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Other campaigns will just take our 'great' ideas and scavenge them for their own use.

That's a REALLY good point! In that case how about this:

Please contact the campaign and encourage them to hire additional, experienced staff. AND get them to have a special campaign staffer designated to handle ideas from the grassroots.

sugaki
11-11-2007, 02:03 AM

I am not trying to be a killjoy, but this grassroots movement is seperate from HQ --- there is no association, so there is no reason to post the "good" ideas.

Challenges faced in the RP campaign are very different from say the Huckabee or Romney campaign (I mean look at their attempts at copying the Nov 5th). I kinda doubt other campaigns would look specifically at this thread, let alone this forum. RP's internet campaign is too decentralized for others to pick at and quickly copy.

rfbz
11-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Here's my only suggestion:

Go through that last speech he made in Philly. Pay attention to where the crowd wasn't really responding too much because those points weren't really resonating. Next time give a more condensed speech where every line is a home run.

freelance
11-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Challenges faced in the RP campaign are very different from say the Huckabee or Romney campaign (I mean look at their attempts at copying the Nov 5th). I kinda doubt other campaigns would look specifically at this thread, let alone this forum. RP's internet campaign is too decentralized for others to pick at and quickly copy.

Oh, yes they will. Not only will the other campaigns come here, but we have a member of our forum "CONSULTING" with Huck's Army and giving them all kinds of friendly advice--some of it taken right from this forum!

Mark
11-11-2007, 02:12 AM

werd.. like they're starting to steal most everything else he's saying

and we're doing..

What happens in 'fight club'

should STAY in 'fight club'

my $6.95 ~~ 2 cents adjusted for inflation and the devaluing of the dollar..

Lord Xar
11-11-2007, 02:19 AM
It doesn't matter if they steal our ideas or not AFTER we do them... but remember, our main strength is our ability to manuever an idea very fast and get it done..

The thing with the RP campaign is that its top thin, bottom heavy.

The command of HQ is small... whereas its base, the grassroots is heavy.... This means the grassroots is more effective in alot of ways that HQ and do get them "good ideas" will just take while for them to actually implement. PLUS, I am sure they come here and get what they need.

But OTHER campaigns with more money and more special interests can take our approaches and adapt them to "their own schematic -- top heavy, bottom thin"... They are reverse, they don't have alot of grassroots.. BUT they have the money to implement the ideas here.

So all I am saying is to compile a great list of to do's.. might be a bad idea.

And as Freelance suggested, the Other campaigns - on both sides, are definetly represented here. They have their eyes here. Trust me.
Ron Paul is an enigma and just like any politician that is running, they will come here and leach and then use as their own.... There is NO honour among them.

Remember, Just a month ago, Ron Paul was insignificant - a peeon, a nonesuch.... But the weight of the grassroots and its ideas have manuevered Ron Paul in a way that is unique and a 'first'. You better believe they are here watching and taking notes. But they do not understand something... They can harvest ideas, and there is no reason to give them freebies, but they do not understand something.
1. Ron Paul grassroots is about Passion. You cannot harvest passion or the will of an idea.
2. Ron Paul's ideas, which other candidate just don't get, are NEW again... Its the message...

sugaki
11-11-2007, 02:25 AM
Oh, yes they will. Not only will the other campaigns come here, but we have a member of our forum CONSULTING with Huck's Army and giving them all kinds of advice--some of it taken right from this forum!

That's shocking, but I think Huck's Army will still flop even if it copies all the ideas to a T, because it's the candidate itself that's ill-suited for viral marketing. A typical conservative candidate, versus a relegated, castigated, dismissed "long-shot." Huck has neither the message nor the stance to capitalize on viral messaging, imo. It's RP's detraction from the conventional (and tired) way of thinking economics and foreign policy that draws in grass-roots voters.

freelance
11-11-2007, 02:25 AM
Lord Xar,

Clean out your PM message box. It's full and you can't get the second part of my message.

freelance
11-11-2007, 02:30 AM
That's shocking, but I think Huck's Army will still flop even if it copies all the ideas to a T, because it's the candidate itself that's ill-suited for viral marketing. A typical conservative candidate, versus a relegated, castigated, dismissed "long-shot." Huck has neither the message nor the stance to capitalize on viral messaging, imo.

It's been annoying me to no end--for days. It's always couched as friendly advice, we're all in this together, etc. Usually, the chief honcho gets in on the thread and reminds the "friendly" poster that the board is for supporters of Huck.

Yesterday morning was a general little post about guidance and prayer, but earlier posts were, you might try this, nah, that's not the best way, etc.

I'm just saying that we need to be careful. Who knows if this person is really a RP supporter. That's not the point. They come over here, we go over there. The Huck's Army people are not organized at this point to run with one of ideas while we debate if for four days, but some of the campaigns might be.

I'm not worried about anything that requires lots of grassroots support. I'm worried that we're really getting slick, and there are some things that their respective campaigns can preempt us on.

freelance
11-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Ron Paul is an enigma and just like any politician that is running, they will come here and leach and then use as their own.... There is NO honour among them.

There will books written on this campaign down the road--with step-by-step instructions.

LibertyEagle
11-11-2007, 02:52 AM
Oh, yes they will. Not only will the other campaigns come here, but we have a member of our forum CONSULTING with Huck's Army and giving them all kinds of advice--some of it taken right from this forum!

qft

Wise up, people. Don't put your ideas out here for other campaigns to steal.

freelance
11-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by freelance View Post

I should have put consulting in quotes.

Mark
11-11-2007, 03:06 AM

YOU'RE reading it aren't you?

Case closed.

Richandler
11-11-2007, 03:12 AM
All I know is that Ron has nearly 8 million dollars to spend on any idea that they are brewing. My only suggestion would be to be more aggressive. Townhall style appearance please!

freelance
11-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Case closed.

Just because YOU say so?

Energy
11-11-2007, 03:23 AM
HQ should definitely tap into the grassroots for services we can volunteer for, IF it makes sense. It's a way for them to offload time and money in order to keep their campaign nimble and efficient.

And yeah, be more aggressive with spending the war chest for it shall be replenished.

Mark
11-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Just because YOU say so?

That's deep.

Lord Xar
11-11-2007, 03:28 AM
well, I went to the hucksters forum.. once I waved away the cobwebs and shouted for a bit, I was able to see some discernable forms... what I saw wasn't good..

Basically, its like a malforned life form that teeters and totters and holds itself all together with the thought that he, huckster, is some kind of holy warrior.

I couldn't understand how this guy, who has so many strikes against him..., and so many flipflops and such a reputation as to destroying his party when he was in office in his state --- yet, he is garnering small support.

Huckster credentials:
taxes - flop
illegal immigration - flop
CFR - hit